ADVERTISEMENT

Van Ness + many others at Ultimate Club Duals today

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
Going on right now in State College.

Massive talent on-site, list of Willie's ranked guys here (note, does not include the Bassetts because they're not yet in HS):

Get ready for many youth tournaments coming to happy valley. A lot of events are lining up. Ditto for BB. Area has never seen anything like it. Coaches should definitely take note. Youngsters from around the country will be exposed to the area a lot sooner than their recruiting period.

Quite the monster throw, but I was under the impression that a throw so close to the opponent's head/neck like this is illegal in youth wrestling. No?

Last edited:
Going on right now in State College.

Massive talent on-site, list of Willie's ranked guys here (note, does not include the Bassetts because they're not yet in HS):
How did SVN do today?

they don't have to. i'm coming.
giphy.gif

Shayne got teched by someone apparently?
Yeah and it wasn't a one lace situation. Got completely dominated in just about every position.

Between this and him being down at 138, I think Bartlett/Lee at 141/149 looks like the clear best option right now. I think you guys will survive lol.

Yeah and it wasn't a one lace situation. Got completely dominated in just about every position.

Between this and him being down at 138, I think Bartlett/Lee at 141/149 looks like the clear best option right now. I think you guys will survive lol.
I’ll sleep okay even with that result.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Van ness will be a better option at 49, once he gets in the room he’ll be fine. Bartlett to true 41 even 33 if he choices. Hate to see a kid try to put on alot of muscle just to bump up a weight, then try to get back down the following yr.

Channeling my inner ironburd....cuz I have no idea what I'm talking about.....I'm going with the 2nd weigh in was tough cuz hes cutting hard to 138 for that team. After today we wont see him 138 again

#feelsveryfreeingtojustspoutoff

This is going to rub a lot of you the wrong way, but I see a ton of Joe Lee in SVN. Probably more talented at the high end, but man is he boom or bust.

For the record guys, Alanis is 8th at 138 on @smalls103 board. He isn't some JV kid who is filling a spot. Should Shayne get teched by him? No but plenty of things happen in wrestling that shouldn't happen. I've seen enough of the best of Shayne to not remotely be worried.

For the record guys, Alanis is 8th at 138 on @smalls103 board. He isn't some JV kid who is filling a spot. Should Shayne get teched by him? No but plenty of things happen in wrestling that shouldn't happen. I've seen enough of the best of Shayne to not remotely be worried.
I don't think this changes the long term projection for SVN. What I do think it says is that he's not ready to go right away like many thought (as things stand now). He looks like a guy who would really benefit from a redshirt to clean things up. The best guys at 141/149 would completely eat him up with the amount of mistakes he makes. Super high ceiling long term.

I don't think this changes the long term projection for SVN. What I do think it says is that he's not ready to go right away like many thought (as things stand now). He looks like a guy who would really benefit from a redshirt to clean things up. The best guys at 141/149 would completely eat him up with the amount of mistakes he makes. Super high ceiling long term.
You're 100% right as a high school senior he would get eaten up right now. Just like Starocci didn't get a takedown for 2 months in practice when he got to PSU. Him going at 149 was always a fan and media projection to the point people just assumed it was Cael's idea. I suspect we'll see him in RS through the Scuffle.

Edit: For the record, I actually like your idea of Bartlett at 141 and Lee at 149. I actually always thought that was a good move. However, we have some plugged in people who assure us that Nick is going 141 though. JO in his Baschamania interview said Lee's strength is insane so if JO is saying that I surely believe Nick has enough muscle to go 149 and be effective.

Reactions: js8793
You're 100% right as a high school senior he would get eaten up right now. Just like Starocci didn't get a takedown for 2 months in practice when he got to PSU. Him going at 149 was always a fan and media projection to the point people just assumed it was Cael's idea. I suspect we'll see him in RS through the Scuffle.
Especially when you have Bartlett in the stable who I think was way more college ready coming in and now has a year under his belt.

Reactions: McScoreley
Scary moment in the M2 finals dual. One of the upper weight M2 guys just passed out 4 seconds into the match. I think it was Carroll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT