ADVERTISEMENT

Vais/Christian Pyles' takeaways from US Open ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Vais has an excellent article with his takeaways from the US Open on Flo. You can access it at THIS LINK.

Below are some of the portions of the article that I thought PSU fans would be especially interested in.

Tom

"I’m doubling down on Jason Nolf. Can he beat Mark Hall in Madison? I’m not sure, but I know that if there’s anyone that can beat I-Mar next year, it may be him. I think he’s one of the most relentless attackers I’ve seen. He’s got more time to build on an already fantastic collection of skills. Can’t wait to watch him both at Madison and the entire D1 season to come."

"Anthony Cassar and Marcus Harrington are going to be excellent college wrestlers. We may miss a year of Cassar as he waits on McIntosh to graduate, but these two 97 pounders are going to be fun to watch."

"David Taylor looked as good as ever, but I still wonder if Dake is going to be a tough match up he's been over the years. If that’s a challenge tourney semi, that’s just incredible. However, I'm struggling to shed the thoughts that whoever gets to Burroughs won't have enough to truly challenge JB."

"Has Jake Herbert ever looked better? I’m dead serious. He got the job done against Ed where he really took advantage of the scrambles. Those are the situations where Ed’s inexperience can rear its ugly head. We’ll learn more this week when he takes on World Silver Salas at Beat The Streets. That match up has gone poorly for him before, but that was awhile ago. Ed is the only guy who looks to have a shot of unseating Jake. I left the U.S. Open with that conclusion."

Reactions: CholleyVandine
It was great seeing wrestling on TV, outside of the collegiate season. More exposure is good.
Seeing the recent greats battle it out, with current collegiates in the mix, is a winning formula. It has generated a good deal of workplace discussion.

Reactions: andegre
ADVERTISEMENT