ADVERTISEMENT

Ut Oh….

If Mcscorely is talking about the same thing as Willie, then someone transferring to PSU isnt it since he said it doesnt involve PSU or Iowa.

Cornell doesn’t give athletic scholarships, do they?
No. The Ivies are all need-based financial aid. It's actually a huge asset because they basically don't have the 9.9 limit to deal with because most of their guys can go pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Academically that's a bit of a step down. I had figured the reason he wasn't going to OSU was because of academics.

Reactions: nerfstate
With him being from Stillwater and NU already having an AA in Cannon at 133 with 4 more years of eligibility, Young at NU was very confusing.
The most confusing part was that he moved from Tulsa to Stillwater while in HS, and then didn't go to OKST.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I know it’s highly dependent on what you study, work ethic and what you do for a living later on in life, but man, that’s likely a multi-million dollar downgrade over his lifetime.

Last edited:
How did this even happen? Wasn’t he already on campus at Northwestern? Him being at Oklahoma State makes total sense but the timing is crazy

How did this even happen? Wasn’t he already on campus at Northwestern? Him being at Oklahoma State makes total sense but the timing is crazy
School doesn't start at NW until tomorrow. So he never officially enrolled. He is now enrolled at Oklahoma St and will start classes tomorrow

Reactions: zzs006 and Maddog
Guess OSU doesn't have a decent 33 with multiple years left.
Lol, had an epiphany later last night about that. In my defense, Fix has been at OSU since the Carter administration. Incredible that he has 3 years left.

Per the "Twitter tea leaves" he seems to be transferring because of Northwestern's vaccine policy, tough loss for them.

Per the "Twitter tea leaves" he seems to be transferring because of Northwestern's vaccine policy, tough loss for them.
His loss. NW is such a great school and if you're leaving because of that, well, that's your prerogative, but if you have future wants outside of wrestling a NW degree is going to take you further (not shitting on OSU, it's just factual).

His loss. NW is such a great school and if you're leaving because of that, well, that's your prerogative, but if you have future wants outside of wrestling a NW degree is going to take you further (not shitting on OSU, it's just factual).
Would you say the same about Max Dean/Cornell/PSU?

Well, my opinions of the Deans have already been posted about in this thread, so I'm not the one to ask that question really. PSU is also a different animal. PSU is incredibly popular in the corporate world, so less of an issue there. NW is one of the top schools in the country.

Willie said Jimmy Kennedy and Andrew Howe won't get the vaccine, Northwestern is firing them as a result. That absolutely decimates their coaching staff this late in the game.

Reactions: diggerpup
It's also the reason why Carter Young transferred, he found out legit after being dropped off at school that the coaches were going away, so he scrambled and went back home. Super tough for him

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I find it less of an issue if he's leaving because the coaches are basically gone. That's a rough go of it. I know this isn't the COVID thread so I won't dive into that cesspool, but it is always so wild to me that people (these coaches) throw away a lot of goodwill for seemingly easy decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT