ADVERTISEMENT

Useless fun upcoming MLB Draft info

colt21

Jan 30, 2007
So there is this kid from Lewisberry, PA who is slotted as a Top 10 pick in the MLB Draft. His name is Benny Montgomery

His Dad is a baby Doctor who used to deliver babies at the Bloomsburg Hospital - and he delivered my son.

He is one of the top three prospects on the Phillies draft board, especially being a local player. Don't know how high he may go since he is rated by some as the 3rd best at his position in this draft.

I have seen him play a number of times and he is a beast. He is tall, maybe 6-3 and runs like the wind. Corner OF who can do it all. As he gets older and fills out the upper body he will hit for power. The word in Harrisburg is he is likely to forego college to sign

Reactions: bison13
His mom is Dr. Mychak's daughter. He is committed to UVA baseball, but might pass on college ball with the draft money. Perfect Game has him rated as a 10.0 prospect.
North Schuykill kid Reggie Crawford is on the USA Baseball National Collegiate team . He threw pitches of 101 mph this week, and he has gone viral.
Yea know his Mom too - she was good friends with the girl who introduced me to my wife

I was wondering if he would pass on college for the $$$

Yes if there was a lottery for Major League Baseball he would be a lottery pick. Definitely in the top 15. Even better Prospect than Derek Fisher from Cedar Crest a few years back. This kid has Elite Speed.

Reactions: colt21
He is one of the top three prospects on the Phillies draft board, especially being a local player. Don't know how high he may go since he is rated by some as the 3rd best at his position in this draft.
Where do the Phillies pick

ADVERTISEMENT