ADVERTISEMENT

USA TODAY COACHES POLL: #16 Instead of #5!

Exactly why I never get excited until we've played against some good/peer teams. Early season success/stats were direct result of playing cupcakes.

As I always said, there should be no polls until 5th week of season than you find out who the real teams are

As I always said, there should be no polls until 5th week of season than you find out who the real teams are

You mean 5th week of conference season. OOC games mean nothing. Some teams have a competitive game or two, others do not. Even after 5 weeks in conference some teams have played only the weaker or stronger parts of their schedule.

In reality, polls are ridiculous. Conference championships and a playoff of those teams would have meaning, but only in the sense of the word "championship." There is still nothing that measures one team over another when they have not played each other, so a ranking poll is silly.

Golf rankings have a lot more meaning. The sample size is large, and effectively everybody is playing everybody else at the same time.

Reactions: AvgUser
Sad, very sad.

Let's be honest - #5 would have been a sham.

This team should have lost to Appalachian State.

Played an overrated OSU very close. We saw that same OSU struggle with Minnesota yesterday. The MSU game showed us where this team really is. Top 25 not top 5.

Let's be honest - #5 would have been a sham.

This team should have lost to Appalachian State.

Played an overrated OSU very close. We saw that same OSU struggle with Minnesota yesterday. The MSU game showed us where this team really is. Top 25 not top 5.

The thing is, that overrated osu team is going to be in the playoffs. Overrated notre dame is going to be in the playoffs. We could have been overrated and gotten there, but it’s a moot point now.

Reactions: grinagrin
Honestly.......who cares?
Ain’t gonna sniff the CFP, as long as JF is coach!!!!!

The thing is, that overrated osu team is going to be in the playoffs. Overrated notre dame is going to be in the playoffs. We could have been overrated and gotten there, but it’s a moot point now.

And would have been the #4 playing Bama and losing 62-7. No thanks. I rather not here a year of PSU shouldn’t be here talk.

Michigan is going to take out OSU. They athletic defense filled with future NFL players will do to Haskins what we could not do.

ADVERTISEMENT