ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

So on this FDA call for kids vaccines, there were two distinct sides. One the one that makes sense: kids don't get covid and here's not enough data about their vaccine experiences to feel comfortable introducing it to a younger demographic.

The other side was that "well we want to protect others, so kids should get vaccinated to help those other people"

How is vaccinating kids helping others. If you are older and you get the vaccine then you are protected.

This isn't a court of law and if it was we could just throw the death sentence at him to get a lesser conviction right? ;) Plus, when the entire establishment media doesn't require evidence to make far reaching statements, why would apply such as standard to anonymous posters on a message board? I happen to agree that it is very likely that Fauci has been paid handsomely to engineer us to this point.
Well that’s different. If you want to state that you believe that to be true, that’s fine with me. There are some pretty strict laws which prevent government employees from receiving compensation from private sources, no less to offshore accounts as the poster alleged. All I’m saying is that such statement should be described as beliefs unless the poster has the facts to support it. Haven’t we seen enough unsupported allegations against Paterno which were put forth with certainty to learn to value of due process?

Well that’s different. If you want to state that you believe that to be true, that’s fine with me. There are some pretty strict laws which prevent government employees from receiving compensation from private sources, no less to offshore accounts as the poster alleged. All I’m saying is that such statement should be described as beliefs unless the poster has the facts to support it. Haven’t we seen enough unsupported allegations against Paterno which were put forth with certainty to learn to value of due process?
I agree. There has been zero evidence supporting that claim and no one should make such unless and until something indicates such.

I agree. There has been zero evidence supporting that claim and no one should make such unless and until something indicates such.
I don't think it was a claim at all. The poster said "should be" and "likely has". He never stated any of it as a fact. He stated it as a suspicion and one that is likely on the money (literally in this case). It is IMO probable. Certainly the actions of Dr. Fauci make little sense unless viewing it through this lens. Just applying Occam's razor here and trying to understand the multiple changes of stance from Fauci. Money from big pharma appears to explain it best and most consistently.

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
I don't think it was a claim at all. The poster said "should be" and "likely has". He never stated any of it as a fact. He stated it as a suspicion and one that is likely on the money (literally in this case). It is IMO probable. Certainly the actions of Dr. Fauci make little sense unless viewing it through this lens. Just applying Occam's razor here and trying to understand the multiple changes of stance from Fauci. Money from big pharma appears to explain it best and most consistently.
No - what he said was “I’m sure Pharma was funneling quite a bit of cash his way”. He didn’t say he believed it to be true, or that he suspected it to be the case , he said he was sure. Go back and reread what AWS1022 wrote.

Last edited:
No - what he said was “I’m sure Pharma was funneling quite a bit of cash his way”. He didn’t say he believed it to be true, or that he suspected it to be the case , he said he was sure. Go back and reread what AWS1022 wrote.
He also said "likely has" before that statement. No need to omit that. And you are parsing the crap out of his words. How often do you say "I'm sure XYZ" when you think XYZ is possible or probable? I'm sure that you do. I'm sure that I do. Am I stating a fact that I know that you do? No, but I'm sure that you do this. We all do. It is a common phrase we use. I'm sure that you use it too.

I'm sure that I said this phrase that you are intentionally taking extremely literally enough to get the point. And again, we don't hold professionals to that standard either. Do we need to dig up Dr. Fauci using the phrase "I'm sure XYZ" so you can hold him accountable to the same standard?

The bottom line is that you didn't like the poster's positions, so you parsed their words and attacked the poster for making a "far reaching statement" without "evidence". I'm sure you aren't holding everyone to this standard.

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
Disagree completely. First ‘likely has’ is an accusation. And with absolutely no evidence indicating such, it is out of line. That’s how rumors get started. Saying ‘I ‘wouldn’t be surprised’ would have been more appropriate.

And their are other explanations for his behavior. He has a massive ego, loves the limelight, is drunk on power, and is too close to his inner circle of scientists. His statement saying questioning me is questioning science is amazingly ego driven. Having been in the top of government disease control for decades has gotten him to believe his greatness. He didn’t believe HCQ and it’s combination therapy would work because it was too simple. He loved the complex answers like mRNA vaccines because only he and his fellow geniuses could save us.

Another massive motivator is he has always believed in gain of function research and either helped or knew that funds were going to the Wuhan IV. Now he must protect them to protect himself. If it all comes out his reputation and legacy will be destroyed.

Disagree completely. First ‘likely has’ is an accusation. And with absolutely no evidence indicating such, it is out of line. That’s how rumors get started. Saying ‘I ‘wouldn’t be surprised’ would have been more appropriate.

And their are other explanations for his behavior. He has a massive ego, loves the limelight, is drunk on power, and is too close to his inner circle of scientists. His statement saying questioning me is questioning science is amazingly ego driven. Having been in the top of government disease control for decades has gotten him to believe his greatness. He didn’t believe HCQ and it’s combination therapy would work because it was too simple. He loved the complex answers like mRNA vaccines because only he and his fellow geniuses could save us.

Another massive motivator is he has always believed in gain of function research and either helped or knew that funds were going to the Wuhan IV. Now he must protect them to protect himself. If it all comes out his reputation and legacy will be destroyed.
I agree that he displays signs that all of which you mention are potential motivators for his actions. But they do not preclude the money motivator. I think all are likely.

He may or may not be receiving cash, but how cAn you be sure as you claim? That’s a far reaching statement unless you have evidence. So do you?
Always look for the most obvious reason. And it’s not my job to find evidence, but someone who’s job it is should at least take a look, don’t you think?

Reactions: OhHello and 91Joe95
Could be why I said “I’m sure”....notice the “I’m”.

In my mind, I am sure. When one uses the term “I’m” they’re talking about themselves....do you follow?

Reactions: Carl Spackler

So he has no problem lying and causing tens of thousands of deaths, but he’s above taking money...got it.

I’m not defending Fauci. He may be crooked as they come. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the allegations stated above were true. But without evidence we can’t be sure.

Here is where the argument begins and ends. Those under 25 are about 1/3 of the population and were only 0.2% of "with COVID" deaths. Done. Over. There is no further discussion.

Shall we list all of the causes of death for this age group that exceed "with COVID"? "With COVID" is way, way down the list of risks for under 25 year olds, like not even a concern. Not necessary, the discussion has ended unless you are for child abuse.

I’m not defending Fauci. He may be crooked as they come. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the allegations stated above were true. But without evidence we can’t be sure.
The problem is we’ll never get evidence because the media isn’t going to look for it. So we just have to go on believing what we believe.

Reactions: OhHello
Here is where the argument begins and ends. Those under 25 are about 1/3 of the population and were only 0.2% of "with COVID" deaths. Done. Over. There is no further discussion.

Shall we list all of the causes of death for this age group that exceed "with COVID"? "With COVID" is way, way down the list of risks for under 25 year olds, like not even a concern. Not necessary, the discussion has ended unless you are for child abuse.

But aren’t we supposed to vaccinate our children to save Grandma?

o_O

Last edited:
I must say this thread has been allowed to venture into some political discussion which is a good thing, IMO. For the most part if has been reasonable and rational, devoid of personal attacks. So good on the board.

Also, good on the mods for allowing some debate on this. Can’t be easy for them to decide when the line is crossed and have allowed considerable back and forth on this thread. A big thanks to the mods!👏🏿

Question, do mods discuss where the lines are and work together? Or is it more an individual prerogative?

0.83M shots yesterday so total up to 304.7 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.07M. 81.8% of shots administered is the national average, 51.8% of population with 1+ dose (66.7% of the adult population), 42.5% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 172 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 141 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

14,201 positives reported yesterday compared to 17,817 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 14,019.

Fatality was 452 compared to 401 yesterday and 511 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 409.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 16,532 compared to one week ago 19,829 down 16.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,229 compared to one week ago 2,704 down 17.6%.

So my middle school child had an awards ceremony yesterday at the school. I would say about 75 people there, you were allowed two adults with your child so room was 2/3 adults and 1/3 middle schoolers. So walk in the school and principals are in the lobby and they immediately tell us masking is optional (this is a public school). So in the room, there was only ONE adult that wore a mask (a normal looking women in our 40's). Four kids had masks on. I was actually pretty shocked.

0.93M shots yesterday so total up to 305.6 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.14M. 82% of shots administered is the national average, 51.9% of population with 1+ dose (66.9% of the adult population), 42.6% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 172 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 142 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

14,880 positives reported yesterday compared to 18,244 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 13,536.

Fatality was 424 compared to 452 yesterday and 603 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 383.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 16,142 compared to one week ago 19,354 down 16.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,238 compared to one week ago 2,567 down 12.8%.

By State Cases: Note that Florida, Kansas, and Alaska are only reporting periodically and not reporting today.
Texas - 1,797
California - 1,086
New York - 821
Washington - 713
Missouri - 687
Pennsylvania - 684
Colorado - 596
Louisiana - 473
North Carolina - 464
Indiana - 460
Georgia - 458

Breaking news from CBS this morning. To be clear, very rare but higher than expected.

CDC plans "emergency meeting" on rare heart inflammation following COVID-19 vaccines
Yep, it's an emergency!

241 total cases / 130,000,000 vaccines = 0.00000185 or 0.000185% of those vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna have had an issue and of the 241 total cases 200 have fully recovered while 41 cases are on-going.

You can pretty much expect that vaccine requests will drop to near zero. Nice strategy if they wanted that outcome.

Last edited:
Yep, it's an emergency!

241 total cases / 130,000,000 vaccines = 0.00000185 or 0.000185% of those vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna have had an issue and of the 241 total cases 200 have fully recovered while 41 cases are on-going.

You can pretty much expect that vaccine requests will drop to near zero. Nice strategy if wanted that outcome.
I think it has to do with data coming out of Israel regarding young males being vaccinated and experiencing higher rates of myocarditis plus Germany recommending that younger people do not get vaccine for the same reason.

Reactions: OhHello
Yep, it's an emergency!

You can pretty much expect that vaccine requests will drop to near zero. Nice strategy if wanted that outcome.

We’re screwed. 😞

Yep, it's an emergency!

And those 15 to 30 getting myocarditis after being vaccinated at rates 4-5 times the background rate. That's a hell of a lot more of an emergency than what caused them to stop the J&J vaccine.

Yep, it's an emergency!

I've pointed out again and again, that for young, healthy people, we are arguing which really small probability is lower.

To me - makes no difference - get vaccinated or not - result will be the same. No problems in the overwhelming number of cases.

If people ACTUALLY want to try to predict which is the "safer" bet - more power to them...

Reactions: blmr31
I've pointed out again and again, that for young, healthy people, we are arguing which really small probability is lower.

To me - makes no difference - get vaccinated or not - result will be the same. No problems in the overwhelming number of cases.

If people ACTUALLY want to try to predict which is the "safer" bet - more power to them...

but one the major issues is there is no data on how many 'healthy' kids (or adults) under let's say 30 years have gotten seriously sick, had continuing complications or died. so without having that data delineated out versus the percent now which we know was probably almost all with some serious pre-conditions, we cannot make a good evaluation for ourself as a parent or young adult.

I was mocking everything about this announcement and I think you missed one of my points. The stupidity of the government to be running advertisements for people to get vaccinated and at the same time announcing an "emergency meeting". The CBS headline was the actual meeting announcement. Here it is with a link:

June 18, 2021 emergency meeting is a virtual meeting.
Meeting time, 11am – 5pm EST (times subject to change).
No registration is required.

For those that want to see the agenda, which you can get at the prior link, but here is a direct link to the agenda:

Meetings like this are routine for any project, but when you actually have a go/no go condition that you are evaluating there is no purpose telling your customer anything until you've made a decision. Telling them what you are evaluating will cause them to shut down every time and getting restarted without a major change is almost impossible...and you sure as hell don't announce this on June 10th that you aren't going to meet on the subject until June 18th!! What in the world are they thinking...oh, never mind...

Last edited:
I was mocking everything about this announcement and I think you missed one of my points. The stupidity of the government to be running advertisements for people to get vaccinated and at the same time announcing an "emergency meeting". The CBS headline was the actual meeting announcement. Here it is with a link:

June 18, 2021 emergency meeting is a virtual meeting.
Meeting time, 11am – 5pm EST (times subject to change).
No registration is required.

For those that want to see the agenda, which you can get at the prior link, but here is a direct link to the agenda:

Meetings like this are routine for any project, but when you actually have a go/no go condition that you are evaluating there is no purpose telling your customer anything until you've made a decision. Telling them what you are evaluating will cause them to shut down every time and getting restarted without a major change is almost impossible...and you sure as hell don't announce this on the June 10th that you aren't going to meet on the subject until June 18th!! What in the world are they thinking...oh, never mind...

This about sums it up

0.93M shots yesterday so total up to 305.6 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.14M. 82% of shots administered is the national average, 51.9% of population with 1+ dose (66.9% of the adult population), 42.6% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 172 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 142 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

14,880 positives reported yesterday compared to 18,244 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 13,536.

Fatality was 424 compared to 452 yesterday and 603 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 383.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 16,142 compared to one week ago 19,354 down 16.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,238 compared to one week ago 2,567 down 12.8%.

By State Cases: Note that Florida, Kansas, and Alaska are only reporting periodically and not reporting today.
Texas - 1,797
California - 1,086
New York - 821
Washington - 713
Missouri - 687
Pennsylvania - 684
Colorado - 596
Louisiana - 473
North Carolina - 464
Indiana - 460
Georgia - 458

0.8M shots yesterday so total up to 306.5 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.05M. 82% of shots administered is the national average, 52.0% of population with 1+ dose (67.0% of the adult population), 42.8% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 173 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 142 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

16,145 positives reported yesterday compared to 19,088 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 15,143.

Fatality was 421 compared to 424 yesterday and 556 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 407.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 15,717 compared to one week ago 18,868 down 16.7%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,167 compared to one week ago 2,511 down 13.7%.

So must have been a huge amount of back data filled in yesterday as even though week over week was down by 3000+ cases per day the 7 day rolling increases by over a 1000 cases per day meaning 10,000+ cases were back added. To a lesser extent, also occurred with the fatality numbers which bumped back up over 400.

But if they don’t get vaccinated they still may not get Covid so there would be no risk. That seems like better odds than getting the vaccine.

0.8M shots yesterday so total up to 306.5 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.05M. 82% of shots administered is the national average, 52.0% of population with 1+ dose (67.0% of the adult population), 42.8% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 173 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 142 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

16,145 positives reported yesterday compared to 19,088 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 15,143.

Fatality was 421 compared to 424 yesterday and 556 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 407.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 15,717 compared to one week ago 18,868 down 16.7%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 2,167 compared to one week ago 2,511 down 13.7%.

So must have been a huge amount of back data filled in yesterday as even though week over week was down by 3000+ cases per day the 7 day rolling increases by over a 1000 cases per day meaning 10,000+ cases were back added. To a lesser extent, also occurred with the fatality numbers which bumped back up over 400.
@Cletus11 confused by your comments, both positives and deaths were lower than the week over week, so how would there be an increase yesterday in the rolling avg? Thanks again for the daily update!

But if they don’t get vaccinated they still may not get Covid so there would be no risk. That seems like better odds than getting the vaccine.
Most people don't calculate probabilities or even attempt to account for them in decision-making. They simply act without thought or as they have been instructed. I bet over half of the people vaccinating their children have no idea of the myocarditis risk or the COVID risk for children. They are just doing as they are told, not even a cursory thought of should they. After all, CNN hasn't told them not to do it. Also, many of those people would have a very emotional reaction if you even attempted to explain an abbreviated summary of the risks according to publicly accessible data.

Reactions: bytir and bison13
Most people don't calculate probabilities or even attempt to account for them in decision-making. They simply act without thought or as they have been instructed. I bet over half of the people vaccinating their children have no idea of the myocarditis risk or the COVID risk for children. They are just doing as they are told, not even a cursory thought of should they. After all, CNN hasn't told them not to do it. Also, many of those people would have a very emotional reaction if you even attempted to explain an abbreviated summary of the risks according to publicly accessible data.
But they’ll be ready to sue if something happens to their kid from the vaccine. God bless America.

Reactions: bytir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT