ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

What a stupid decision to stop the J&J vaccine temporarily. All this week, I could get ANY of the three shots within a 25 mile radius of my place. Today I checked availability, and there is nothing within 50 miles (Belton TX is the closest with availability). This is going to put a huge choke in the system both with supply and in people's irrational minds. They actually have a better chance of having a hospitalization event caused by driving the 100 miles (50 each way) than any vaccine reaction. Way to go USA!!!! I had my J&J two weeks ago, and have never thought twice. The wife told me the news this morning and told me to be very careful and watch for clotting symptoms. I asked her is she asks our 26 year old daughter, whom has to take BC for an autoimmune issue, if she asks her that every day? People are morans.

"Follow the science statistics"

There must be more to the story with the J&J vaccine than 6 people having blood clotting.

Given that there have been more than 6 million doses distributed, that's like 1 out of every million.
Hasn't it been said repeatedly that there would be no math involved?!?

There must be more to the story with the J&J vaccine than 6 people that have blood clotting.

Given that there have been more than 6 million doses distributed, that's like 1 out of every million.
I am curious as to whether the Novavax entry will obtain an EUA this month. Preliminary data put it’s effectiveness in the same category as the mRNA vaccines and the side effects were reportedly low. Their CEO said they could produce 2 billion ( ! ) doses by the end of the year.
If this is all true, nobody will want the J & J soon.

I am curious as to whether the Novavax entry will obtain an EUA this month. Preliminary data put it’s effectiveness in the same category as the mRNA vaccines and the side effects were reportedly low. Their CEO said they could produce 2 billion ( ! ) doses by the end of the year.
If this is all true, nobody will want the J & J soon.

Yeah, if J&J is shut out now, then Novavax becomes that much more important as P/M are not going to keep up with the eligibility alone and this whole thing gets delayed by 6 weeks out until July 4th timeframe before everybody gets a shot instead of Memorial day.

huh?... I just heard him on CNBC say that this pause will be a few days to a few weeks long at most.
giphy.gif

Reactions: bison13
There must be more to the story with the J&J vaccine than 6 people that have blood clotting.

And only one death. 1 in 6.8M is incredibly small risk.

My early hypothesis, based on the age of the 6 people and the fact that these are only women, is that it may be linked to birth control hormones, which elevate your risk of blood clots. If this was a widely distributed problem, you would see more instances, but perhaps if those people had other covariances for blood clots (e.g. they were also smokers), then the vaccine pushed them over the edge.

But still stopping all vaccinations for 1 death (and 6 cases) out of 6.8M boggles my mind. At the very least, you could continue for men (zero cases) and women over 48 years of age (zero cases).

My early hypothesis, based on the age of the 6 people and the fact that these are only women, is that it may be linked to birth control hormones, which elevate your risk of blood clots. If this was a widely distributed problem, you would see more instances, but perhaps if those people had other covariances for blood clots (e.g. they were also smokers), then the vaccine pushed them over the edge.

But still stopping all vaccinations for 1 death (and 6 cases) out of 6.8M boggles my mind. At the very least, you could continue for men (zero cases) and women over 48 years of age (zero cases).

Just say men only, don't even go for women over 50 and you are fine. Keeps things rolling along and the J&J vaccine going into arms.

It's Fauci. He's known for saying contradictory things in short amounts of time.

It might be more productive for you to post an actual link proving that he actually said "premature," rather than providing a tweet from a Breitbart "reporter." I'd be cool with that.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2

If the article I read was correct, the blood clot fatalities were all female, ages 18- 48.
I think you restrict the J & J vax to persons outside of this category ( postmenopausal women only ).
The Novavax version can’t get here soon enough.

Reactions: PSU2UNC and bison13
If the article I read was correct, the blood clot fatalities were all female, ages 18- 48.
I think you restrict the J & J vax to persons outside of this category ( postmenopausal women only ).
The Novavax version can’t get here soon enough.
There is some concern about people that have already been infected by Covid having adverse reactions. It’s widely believed people that have strong reactions to the first shot have been infected and have antibodies that caused the strong reaction. Perhaps these six women had been previously infected.

It seems the J&J delay is actually no big deal. Just a delay to give doctors/hospitals a better screening system to handle these clots which don't respond to treatment the way other types of clots would. But with the better screening they can easily connect the dots and treat it with a different drug.

Reactions: lj4heisman1
2.6Mshots yesterday so total up to 189.692M with the 7 day rolling average at 3.21M. 79.8% of shots administered is the national average, 36.4% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 22.3% fully vaccinated.
So far, 121 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 74.1 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 237.65M compared to yesterday 237.65M. So 0.0M doses delivered yesterday, 0.0M doses delivered for the week. Previous week totals for doses delivered is 29.9M, 28.22M, 23.8, 21.1M, 20.0M, 19.7M,21.2M, 5.1M, 9.96M and , 9.4M.

56,522 positives reported yesterday compared to 58,027 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 69,926

Fatality was 460 compared to 276 yesterday and 519 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 747.

2.6Mshots yesterday so total up to 192.282M with the 7 day rolling average at 3.38M. 78.4% of shots administered is the national average, 36.8% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 22.7% fully vaccinated.
So far, 122 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 75.3 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 245.26M compared to yesterday 237.65M. So 7.6M doses delivered yesterday, 7.6M doses delivered for the week. Previous week totals for doses delivered is 29.9M, 28.22M, 23.8, 21.1M, 20.0M, 19.7M,21.2M, 5.1M, 9.96M and , 9.4M.

77,270 positives reported yesterday compared to 62,332 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 72,262

Fatality was 819 compared to 460 yesterday and 873 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 748.

Michigan with a data dump yesterday. 81 on the fatality (highest in country) and 10,277 daily positives. Florida also with a 9,000+ number after not reporting anything yesterday. Appears some other states with some lesser data dumps also.

I will say that the accuracy of the data continues to degrade in my estimation. Just way to much reporting based on data dumps with the consistency of data from day to day and week to week really starting to not make sense anymore. That is a problem.

Not even going start on the J&J pause as discussed in detail in other threads. My only hope is that after careful review today and tomorrow that they lift the J&J pause for men while they figure out what these non-menopausal women had in common. But they have to get J&J back in the fold for men to keep the vaccinations going considering zero men have had issues (and most likely shortly thereafter women over 50).

There is some concern about people that have already been infected by Covid having adverse reactions. It’s widely believed people that have strong reactions to the first shot have been infected and have antibodies that caused the strong reaction. Perhaps these six women had been previously infected.
Seems odd (unlikely) that it is all women though.

Reactions: katchthis
ADVERTISEMENT