ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

noun

1. the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.
katchthis listed this definition of immunity. I agree but this definition seems to allow for different levels of immunity. IMO most people think immunity means you can't be infected but just being able to resist the infection or toxin to any degree would mean you're at least partially immune.

katchthis listed this definition of immunity. I agree but this definition seems to allow for different levels of immunity. IMO most people think immunity means you can't be infected but just being able to resist the infection or toxin to any degree would mean you're at least partially immune.
Well then what is your definition of infected? If viruses don’t get into any cells, don’t replicate in any way, don’t result in any symptoms ......that’s not infected.

Reactions: LCFP79
From the Philly Ink:

Pa. urges residents to proceed with their vaccine appointments unless contacted directly by provider

If you have an upcoming appointment to get a coronavirus vaccine, do not assume it’s been canceled because of the commonwealth’s temporary vaccine shortage announced Wednesday, Pennsylvania health officials say.
While as many as 100,000 people could have first- and second-dose appointments pushed back, “the vast majority of Pennsylvanians who received their first dose are not affected at all,” said Barry Ciccocioppo, the Department of Health’s press secretary for COVID-19.
More second dose appointments — between 30,000 and 60,000 — may have to be rescheduled, officials said. Ciccocioppo said the department expects to be caught up by the second week in March.
In the meantime, patients will be directly contacted by their vaccine provider if an appointment has to be rescheduled, he said.
— Erin McCarthy

Heard thru the grapevine there was a shortage of 2nd doses in PA.

From the Philly Ink:

Pa. urges residents to proceed with their vaccine appointments unless contacted directly by provider
If you have an upcoming appointment to get a coronavirus vaccine, do not assume it’s been canceled because of the commonwealth’s temporary vaccine shortage announced Wednesday, Pennsylvania health officials say.
While as many as 100,000 people could have first- and second-dose appointments pushed back, “the vast majority of Pennsylvanians who received their first dose are not affected at all,” said Barry Ciccocioppo, the Department of Health’s press secretary for COVID-19.
More second dose appointments — between 30,000 and 60,000 — may have to be rescheduled, officials said. Ciccocioppo said the department expects to be caught up by the second week in March.
In the meantime, patients will be directly contacted by their vaccine provider if an appointment has to be rescheduled, he said.
— Erin McCarthy

Heard thru the grapevine there was a shortage of 2nd doses in PA.
Oh there’s a shortage in Pa but it’s not just vaccines.......

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
My mom is a Central PA lady awaiting her second Moderna dose. She just received an email stating that dose may or may not be available this week. No further information. IDK how pervasive this might be, but for all involved hopefully just a short term glitch.

Thanks for the link. The issue about a mRNA vaccine producing immunity needs to be clarified. The vaccine could prevent disease without preventing infection. I'm quite sure the vaccine makers know if this is the case but they haven't told us. We have been told that the vaccines stimulate production of neutralizing antibodies. These are IgG antibodies in the bloodstream. If the surface lining cells in your nose or lungs or gut get infected these antibodies will prevent the virus from spreading throughout your body and you may have no symptoms. The disease has been prevented but you are still infected. You probably can spread the virus to other people. Eventually you will develop "real" immunity and you will eliminate the virus from your nose, or your gut whatever.

But if the vaccine stimulates production of secretory IgA antibodies then it can prevent infection. These antibodies are secreted through your mucosal lining cells into the secretions that you blow out of your nose etc and they can neutralize the virus BEFORE it infects those lining cells. Any virus that you inhale does not replicate in those lining cells and you do not disperse billions of virus particles whenever you cough, sneeze or just exhale. You not only don't have the disease, you are not infected.

For some reason I can't find any studies or producer info that mention production of S-IgA. If someone can find it that would be helpful. I am quite sure Pfizer and Moderna know if this is the case. If these antibodies are produced they probably would have told us. Since they didn't my guess is that they are not produced. Perhaps the above poster knows about this.

Don’t know specifically about secretory IgA response to the Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines. I have seen that plasma IgG and IgM levels were higher in vaccinated individuals compared to levels in Covid convalescent patients at 1 or 6 months. The plasma IgA levels were similar between the groups but not sure abou mucosal levels as not mentioned/studied.

Even if not completely preventing the infection the vaccines are significantly limiting the extent of the infection (as evidenced by reducing the disease) and likely the contagiousness of infected individuals.

I am 66 years old and still waiting for my first vaccine shot. The part of OH I live in is way behind. I think they are still working on 75 years and above yet.

I personally think it's pretty interesting that we've gone from daily death counts or case counts to daily vaccine numbers tally. I guess whatever the media wants us to consume.
Yep, now we’re doing between 1.5-1.7 per day. At that rate we will 100,000,000 in Biden’s 70th day and Biden will be hailed as our Great Savior..........even though we were already doing 1.3 mil on Inauguration Day....

MD cancelling some vax sites tomorrow in front of storm. Assume it won't just be here...

I personally think it's pretty interesting that we've gone from daily death counts or case counts to daily vaccine numbers tally. I guess whatever the media wants us to consume.
I’m not sure what “media” ya’ll are watching but first thing on my local news every morning is how many dead from covid. I mean after the local shootings / fires etc. If it bleeds it leads and as far as I can see that’s still holding true. Heck my two local “papers” have the daily covid death trackers still featured prominently on their websites. The second story below how PA boned the 1st / 2nd doses of the vaccines is that PA is over 900k covid cases.

MD cancelling some vax sites tomorrow in front of storm. Assume it won't just be here...

How very Maryland of them.

My wife got hers last weekend at an ourdoor vaccine clinic and it was 0 degrees at the time.

I’m not sure what “media” ya’ll are watching but first thing on my local news every morning is how many dead from covid. I mean after the local shootings / fires etc. If it bleeds it leads and as far as I can see that’s still holding true. Heck my two local “papers” have the daily covid death trackers still featured prominently on their websites. The second story below how PA boned the 1st / 2nd doses of the vaccines is that PA is over 900k covid cases.

it would be great if the reporting flipped from the death count ... negative... to positive... vaccinations, decrease in new cases, decrease in hospitalization and reduction in deaths. The media refuses to post any positive.

Do you really find it interesting? It is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.

1.5M shots yesterday so total up to 56.10M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.67M. 78.3% of shots administered is the national average, 12.2% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 4.7% with double dose. So far, 40.2 million have received at least one dose. At least 15.6 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 71.65M compared to yesterday 70.0M. 1.65M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before.

63,398 positives reported yesterday compared to 96,857 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 82,841.

Fatality was 1787 compared to 954 yesterday and 3265 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 2270.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 64,533 down from yesterday 65,455.

So either the weather is having some large reporting effect or we are in the process of a huge downswing. We just dropped 25K positives per day in a week in the 7 day rolling average and the last 3 days are 25K lower than last week for the same day. Fatality chart just dropped 635 fatalities per day in the 7 day in the last week. Both charts are now in true free fall. If we can keep this up this week, will be a monumental pivotal week that people look back and say this is the week that was the turning point.

1.3M shots yesterday so total up to 57.39M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.61M. 79.3% of shots administered is the national average, 12.3% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 4.9% with double dose. So far, 40.9 million have received at least one dose. At least 16.1 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 72.37M compared to yesterday 71.65M. 2.37M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before.

71,640 positives reported yesterday compared to 98,402 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 79,112.

Fatality was 2573 compared to 1787 yesterday and 3431 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 2145.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 63,398 down from yesterday 64,533.

Note: Some issues out there with respect to PA having 'communication' issues in that some facilities gave out the second doses as first doses when they were not supposed to. Don't think this is completely a PA thing but happening in many locations. So 2nd vaccine appointments are getting delayed until more vaccine comes in. I would expect over the next 3-4 weeks that the amount of first vaccines is going to go down a good bit as many of the new doses going out to the states the next few weeks are going to be targeted as second doses.

1.3M shots yesterday so total up to 57.39M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.61M. 79.3% of shots administered is the national average, 12.3% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 4.9% with double dose. So far, 40.9 million have received at least one dose. At least 16.1 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 72.37M compared to yesterday 71.65M. 2.37M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before.

71,640 positives reported yesterday compared to 98,402 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 79,112.

Fatality was 2573 compared to 1787 yesterday and 3431 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 2145.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 63,398 down from yesterday 64,533.

Note: Some issues out there with respect to PA having 'communication' issues in that some facilities gave out the second doses as first doses when they were not supposed to. Don't think this is completely a PA thing but happening in many locations. So 2nd vaccine appointments are getting delayed until more vaccine comes in. I would expect over the next 3-4 weeks that the amount of first vaccines is going to go down a good bit as many of the new doses going out to the states the next few weeks are going to be targeted as second doses.
Pretty good numbers considering Texas is in total shut down and much of several other states are close to that....Ark, Ok, La, Tn. That’s a very large population that has been delayed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13

I hate to be positive, but this is encouraging. Thanks for providing these detailed updates. Well done.

Pretty good numbers considering Texas is in total shut down and much of several other states are close to that....Ark, Ok, La, Tn. That’s a very large population that has been delayed.

on Worldometer it did note that they are having reporting delays and issues in Texas and other states due to the power outages such they suspect them numbers are being under reported. So i expect we see potentially some bigger numbers next week assuming it heats up down there and the power comes back on and all that back data finally gets into the system. but there is no doubt the numbers are coming down and should continue to come down as those vaccinated increase daily.

Texas starts to warm back up this weekend, then has above average temps next week

on Worldometer it did note that they are having reporting delays and issues in Texas and other states due to the power outages such they suspect them numbers are being under reported. So i expect we see potentially some bigger numbers next week assuming it heats up down there and the power comes back on and all that back data finally gets into the system. but there is no doubt the numbers are coming down and should continue to come down as those vaccinated increase daily.
I wonder how many doses will be lost due to loss of power in Texas and other areas. I hope it's not many.

1.7M shots yesterday so total up to 59.08M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.58M. 80.5% of shots administered is the national average, 12.6% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 5.1% with double dose. So far, 41.7 million have received at least one dose. At least 16.9 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 73.39M compared to yesterday 72.37M. 3.39M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before. I assume the weather having an effect on delivering vaccines as only being at 3.39M delivered this week is really low.

68,924 positives reported yesterday compared to 106,776 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 73,858.

Fatality was 2761 compared to 2573 yesterday and 3250 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 2075.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 62,300 down from yesterday 63,398, compared to 74,255 week over week .

Pfizer vaccine 85% effective after one dose , and it can be stored in normal freezers . Today’s WSJ

Pfizer vaccine 85% effective after one dose , and it can be stored in normal freezers . Today’s WSJ

so that begs the question, do you start giving only one dose (as that is the same or better than J&J one dose). As one dose only is going to greatly stretch out the amount of people and get to herd immunity a lot faster. I would be almost to the point of saying over 75 only gets two doses and everybody else gets one dose (unless prescribed double dose by doctor due to severe conditions under 75).

and isn't Moderna and Pfizer basically the same. So one would expect that Moderna immunity after one shot should not be much different than one shot of Pfizer.

WIth Pfizer's news, I would say that Pfizer goes to one shot only and use Moderna for over 75 and under 75 with conditions and those that one too have two shots. If you are OK with one shot, then sign up for Pfizer or J&J. You want two shots, you sign up for Moderna two shot regime. That seems most logical.

If you do that, and Pfizer meets their 200 mil dose target by end of May, and you can store Pfizer in normal freezer, and get on board all the pharmacies and get some of these military based max dosing sites in place, then we have something.

No, absolutely not. This thing has to be done right. I understand your proposal, and back in December it would have made more sense but not where we are at today. All numbers keep getting better and at this point we need to stay the course.

Also, looking forward to J&J's results on their two shot study which should be available soon.

why? if you can vaccinate double the amount of people, then all those people are now safe and you get to herd immunity faster meaning the entire population gets safer faster. what you are saying makes no sense as you leave more people exposed for a longer period of time which statisically means more people die. Give the double dose to the ultra high risk and single dose to everybody else. that is fastest way to protect the most people and flatten the curve, remember that.

why? if you can vaccinate double the amount of people, then all those people are now safe and you get to herd immunity faster meaning the entire population gets safer faster. what you are saying makes no sense as you leave more people exposed for a longer period of time which statisically means more people die. Give the double dose to the ultra high risk and single dose to everybody else. that is fastest way to protect the most people and flatten the curve, remember that.
I agree and I think there's now some talk of this. My friend at NIH said this may be a way to get more teachers and those 65 and over done faster. Plus with the storm and some people not receiving their second dose until 4 Weeks Later it's looking like that might be a possibility in order to getting more initial doses out, try and space out more doses at 28 days rather than 21

Last edited:
1.7M shots yesterday so total up to 59.08M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.58M. 80.5% of shots administered is the national average, 12.6% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 5.1% with double dose. So far, 41.7 million have received at least one dose. At least 16.9 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 73.39M compared to yesterday 72.37M. 3.39M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before. I assume the weather having an effect on delivering vaccines as only being at 3.39M delivered this week is really low.

68,924 positives reported yesterday compared to 106,776 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 73,858.

Fatality was 2761 compared to 2573 yesterday and 3250 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 2075.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 62,300 down from yesterday 63,398, compared to 74,255 week over week .

1.4M shots yesterday so total up to 60.47M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.49M. 82.4% of shots administered is the national average, 12.7% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 5.3% with double dose. So far, 42.3 million have received at least one dose. At least 17.6 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 73.39M compared to yesterday 73.39M. 3.39M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before. Not good news that no doses were delivered yesterday as weekends typically doesn't have any either so hopefully a huge amount gets delivered today and tomorrow.

78,640 positives reported yesterday compared to 104,244 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 70,436.

Fatality was 2428 compared to 2761 yesterday and 3045 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1988.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 59,882 down from yesterday 62,300, compared to 71,497 week over week .

Last edited:
So just read an article where 6M vaccines doses, which computes based on the number tracked so far this and 10M being the weekly total, are basically stuck in the major shipping hubs due to the weather. They said that those doses, along with the normal allotment for next week (which they did not say how much that was supposed to be as I wonder when it gets over 10M per week) will be going out this weekend and next week to catch up. So next week, assuming weather holds out, could be a very big week needing to average 2M doses per day given considering that 16M+ doses should go out to the states.

I'm not aware of a study on the tolerance around the 21 days between doses but adding a week or two seems like a minimal risk. However, that is NOT Cletus proposal.
I agree that's not what he was proposing just saying that there are some doctors and researchers saying that by moving the time frame back of the second shot you can use those extra vaccines getting at least one dose to some more people earlier.

The weather Improvement throughout the country starting for the next couple days should see a significant uptick in vaccines delivered and provided some states get their heads out of their asses and open more vaccination sites

Last edited:
Reactions: Agoodnap
1.4M shots yesterday so total up to 60.47M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.49M. 82.4% of shots administered is the national average, 12.7% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 5.3% with double dose. So far, 42.3 million have received at least one dose. At least 17.6 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 73.39M compared to yesterday 73.39M. 3.39M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before. Not good news that no doses were delivered yesterday as weekends typically doesn't have any either so hopefully a huge amount gets delivered today and tomorrow.

78,640 positives reported yesterday compared to 104,244 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 70,436.

Fatality was 2428 compared to 2761 yesterday and 3045 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1988.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 59,882 down from yesterday 62,300, compared to 71,497 week over week .

0.959M shots yesterday so total up to 61.29M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.32M. 81.7% of shots administered is the national average, 12.9% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 5.4% with double dose. So far, 42.8 million have received at least one dose. At least 17.9 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 75.02M compared to yesterday 73.39M. 5.02M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before. So about 1.6M doses got out yesterday, news report said they were stuck in a lot of the Southern shipping hubs that had weather issues and that they will send them out as the week progresses in addition to the normal allotment.

69,617 positives reported yesterday compared to 87,727 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 70,121

Fatality was 1907 compared to 2428 yesterday and 2310 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1963.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 58,222 down from yesterday 59,882, compared to 69,283 week over week .

So not the greatest week for vaccines' due to the cold weather in the South. Basically 6M vaccines were either not sent or got stuck this week. Obviously the vaccination rates also went down 0.3M per day this week as we were at 1.6M+ last week and down to 1.32M this week. But still good news on the data front. All charts continue downward trend and hit some more milestones. Now under 2000 daily in the fatality chart, under 60,000 hospitalizations and nearly under 70,000 for daily positives. Pfizer came out and said they are going to beat their former estimates and have more doses faster which is great news. Report out of Isreal that has Pfizer after one dose having 80%+ immunity (Moderna therefore most likley similiar), which also makes sense looking at the USA data. J&J is up for approval on Feb 26th and is expected to get approval meaning the J&J vaccines should start shipping out as early as first week of March(although as noted their production is having issues and are on record as only having a few million doses on hand). So I expect a big vaccine week this final week of February as states should be getting both part of this past week and what was reported to be going from 10M per week up to 13M per week this week. So basically this week nealry 19M doses should be going out meaning we have to average 2M+ per day (which has been shown can be done) to keep up .

0.959M shots yesterday so total up to 61.29M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.32M. 81.7% of shots administered is the national average, 12.9% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 5.4% with double dose. So far, 42.8 million have received at least one dose. At least 17.9 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 75.02M compared to yesterday 73.39M. 5.02M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before. So about 1.6M doses got out yesterday, news report said they were stuck in a lot of the Southern shipping hubs that had weather issues and that they will send them out as the week progresses in addition to the normal allotment.

69,617 positives reported yesterday compared to 87,727 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 70,121

Fatality was 1907 compared to 2428 yesterday and 2310 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1963.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 58,222 down from yesterday 59,882, compared to 69,283 week over week .

So not the greatest week for vaccines' due to the cold weather in the South. Basically 6M vaccines were either not sent or got stuck this week. Obviously the vaccination rates also went down 0.3M per day this week as we were at 1.6M+ last week and down to 1.32M this week. But still good news on the data front. All charts continue downward trend and hit some more milestones. Now under 2000 daily in the fatality chart, under 60,000 hospitalizations and nearly under 70,000 for daily positives. Pfizer came out and said they are going to beat their former estimates and have more doses faster which is great news. Report out of Isreal that has Pfizer after one dose having 80%+ immunity (Moderna therefore most likley similiar), which also makes sense looking at the USA data. J&J is up for approval on Feb 26th and is expected to get approval meaning the J&J vaccines should start shipping out as early as first week of March(although as noted their production is having issues and are on record as only having a few million doses on hand). So I expect a big vaccine week this final week of February as states should be getting both part of this past week and what was reported to be going from 10M per week up to 13M per week this week. So basically this week nealry 19M doses should be going out meaning we have to average 2M+ per day (which has been shown can be done) to keep up .
Just to show you how crazy some people are with regard to all of this even with vaccinations and all of your data going out yeste Maryland had a slight uptick in positivity (+.05) and an increase of around 33 people in the hospital. This was after over a week 12 consecutive decreases in both of those.
That alone was enough to throw some of the stay virtual school groups into a tizzy showing that the decline was over and that no way should students be going back to school.

Well now it seems like the hospitalization numbers from yesterday were a miscalculation because just today and their new report hospitalizations went down by 76 and positivity rate down by .09.

It's Maryland. They have the lowest percentage of in-person instruction right now among all states, lower than even California. They'll go out of their way to keep schools closed.

Just to show you how crazy some people are with regard to all of this even with vaccinations and all of your data going out yeste Maryland had a slight uptick in positivity (+.05) and an increase of around 33 people in the hospital. This was after over a week 12 consecutive decreases in both of those.
That alone was enough to throw some of the stay virtual school groups into a tizzy showing that the decline was over and that no way should students be going back to school.

Well now it seems like the hospitalization numbers from yesterday were a miscalculation because just today and their new report hospitalizations went down by 76 and positivity rate down by .09.

there are people that don't want this to end. I think most fall into one of three groups. Group one is benefitting financially and doesn't want to see that money train end. Group two is just deathly afraid of Covid in almost an irrational fear type of way (not talking about people with real co-morbidities that have a reason, but talking generally healthy people), and the Group 3 just are generally not very smart people that purely listen to whatever the politicians and news tells them and they are being told to remain scared and do what they are told.

Reality is come end of March, there is going to start to be huge public outcry to start opening up as the numbers are going to continue to go down, we are vaccinating 10 people for every one positive and that will go up to 15 to 20 people vaccinated per positive in march. the fatality chart and hospital chart are going to go down to nothing as the data says it has too as we know that 90%+ of fatality and hospital comes from 20% of the high risk population which by end of march will be vaccinated. Come mid May when the daily positives are way low, hospital and fataity is near nothing and we are in the middle of herd immunity there is going to be a huge push to open up have a much more normal summer.

:oops: Did something happen to the rest of this thread?
This is one that I just started recently about vaccination rates throughout the country. I think you may be looking for the one that's been going on since last March

1.8M shots yesterday so total up to 63.09M with the 7 day rolling average at 1.33M. 83.9% of shots administered is the national average, 13.1% of population with 1+ dose (note this is percent of population that has been given 1 or 2 doses, so total percent that have been pricked by a needle), 5.7% with double dose. So far, 43.6 million have received at least one dose. At least 18.9 million people have completed the two-dose vaccination regimen.

Doses delivered is 75.20M compared to yesterday 75.02M. 5.1M doses delivered this week. 9.96M doses delivered last week, 9.4M doses delivered week before.

57,198 positives reported yesterday compared to 66,777 week over week. 7-day rolling average as such continues it's downward trend to 69,002

Fatality was 1245 compared to 1907 yesterday and 1114 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1983.

For Hospitalizations, Total hospitalizations in USA with Covid is 56,159 down from yesterday 58,222, compared to 67,023 week over week .

1.8M shots on a Sunday is definitely a good sign. Encouraging as well that all numbers continue to trend downward fairly significantly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT