ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

This new variant is apparently both more contagious and more dangerous, but those who are vaccinated are protected.

What happens in places like Missouri and Alabama is all on them at this point.

Reactions: tgar
Yep. Tried to sign my 16 year old daughter up for a private Jonas brothers event here in CLE but she couldn’t get in without a card despite the WHO recommending teens hold off last week. Crazy
Yeah, as I was discussing with @91Joe95 there will be one standard to adhere to from a business perspective whether right or wrong. I am making my third trip out of the country since March and the different hoops we encounter to jump through are hard to understand. One thing that would help all of this for teens would be an affordable at home rapid testing kit to verify you are not a carrier.

Having the stick shoved up your nose in Mexico to return to the US even though you have been vaccinated in the US and can document it is hygiene theater of the worst order. The paperwork, procedures, etc need to be streamlined.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bison13
And Yet 2000 Americans per day continue to flock to hospitals because of being infected.

If only the government would step in, strap these stupid f*ckers down, and force them to get the vaccine. Until then, we’re all dead.

Nah. Those stupid f*ckers who think they can think for themselves and decide what to do with their own bodies will kill us all. If you aren’t going to go to extremes, you just aren’t trying hard enough.

This virus is a global killer. This is not the time for the government to go all America on us. They need to take control of the people. Prick them all.

Nah. Those stupid f*ckers who think they can think for themselves and decide what to do with their own bodies will kill us all. If you aren’t going to go to extremes, you just aren’t trying hard enough.

This virus is a global killer. This is not the time for the government to go all America on us. They need to take control of the people. Prick them all.
Ehhhh, letting them all catch it and either boot or survive leading to herd immunity is another path many prefer. Of course a forced vaccination program would be much quicker.

pm-med-lp-wm%20copy-350x350.jpg

Reactions: BobPSU92
I'd pay money not to see Springsteen, and I realize I'm way out of the loop, but is there a standard vaccine card?
I think they give you a card when you’ve completed the deal. No standard I know of and easily faked

I think they give you a card when you’ve completed the deal. No standard I know of and easily faked
Mine doesn’t have my name, address, or any other individual marking pointing to me. All it has is the date of the J&J vaccine and the grocery store where given (it has places for my bane but was never filled out). The signature of the tech is there as well. No stamp or seal on it. Card is around 4 inches square on white stock paper. Had to be the worst official document ever created. Totally Micky Mouse documentation. I think it will totally end up as an honesty policy. My work requires that you answer yes/no/none of your business as an HR policy now. If you answer yes, you can work in the office. If any of the other answers are picked, then you are not allowed back into the office. Even if you can prove you have had covid. Also, we are still required weekly covid tests. I’ve now passed 12 straight weeks ( I have not done the work from home for them). Their policies make zero sense, but they have covered themselves from lawsuits

Jonus Bros are filming a music video in CLE to be shown for the 4th of July. Attendance is invitation only; its free but you have to apply. They want a ton of screaming teen agers. When you apply, you have to upload an image of your vax certification despite the fact that a the CDC told people they might want to hold off vaxxing teenagers and b the govt has totally given up any vax enforcement here in Ohio. There aren't a lot of teenagers vaxxed in Ohio.

I'm guessing the concerts have to be free or legally they couldn't ask for any medical information.

Associated Press article from this morning. Putting aside how anyone might feel about getting the vaccine, the data is overwhelming that it works at preventing illness and death from COVID. In May, nearly all COVID infections and deaths were among people who had not been vaccinated:

853,000 people contracted COVID
  • 1200 had been vaccinated (.01% or 1 in every 710 people)
  • 851,800 had not been vaccinated (99.99% or 709 out of 710 people)
18,000 people died from COVID
  • 150 had been vaccinated (0.8% or 1 in every 120 people)
  • 17,850 had not been vaccinated (99.2% or 119 out of 120 people)

Link to story from Associated Press: https://www.foxnews.com/health/nearly-all-covid-19-deaths-us-unvaccinated
Not sure what your point is Dave? Don't most people think it helps? The questions are as follows:
. If .01 % had been vaccinated 1 in 710 doesn't t at mean if I am vaccinated I am pretty safe regardless of what every one else has done?
. Then we have the timing issue. Were those 18,000 that dies a subset of the 853,000 who contracted it? [unlikely]
. Finally isn't the debate these days about young healthy people getting vaccinated. I would want to know of the 853,000 who contracted it how many were young [under 30] and healthy and what was their death rate.

If young and healthy people can get it and fully recover and if i am vaccinated likely can't get it why do we care?

Finally FTR. I follow the daily cases from Cletus on this board and 853,000 seems likely way to large a number for May.

Not sure what your point is Dave? Don't most people think it helps? The questions are as follows:
. If .01 % had been vaccinated 1 in 710 doesn't t at mean if I am vaccinated I am pretty safe regardless of what every one else has done?
. Then we have the timing issue. Were those 18,000 that dies a subset of the 853,000 who contracted it? [unlikely]
. Finally isn't the debate these days about young healthy people getting vaccinated. I would want to know of the 853,000 who contracted it how many were young [under 30] and healthy and what was their death rate.

If young and healthy people can get it and fully recover and if i am vaccinated likely can't get it why do we care?

Finally FTR. I follow the daily cases from Cletus on this board and 853,000 seems likely way to large a number for May.

If you are young and healthy, it doesn't matter, statistically, what you do - vaccine or not.

It just doesn't, no matter how many Karens wish it did.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC2017 and bison13
I'll answer this part for you...ZERO! Not a single young, healthy person has died from this disease. The key word is healthy...not just that "someone" thought they were healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHello and bison13
We are just beginning to see how the NIH, CDC and WHO totally booted this whole thing. Add another 17,000,000 cases according to NIH.

But that has been the assumption all along. Even the CDC estimates upwards of 135 million have had covid

1.46M shots yesterday so total up to 320.7M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.82M. 84.6% of shots administered is the national average, 53.7% of population with 1+ dose (69.2% of the adult population), 45.6% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 178 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 151 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

13,365 positives reported yesterday compared to 13,725 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 12,103.

Fatality was 329 compared to 326 yesterday and 371 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 298.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 12,329 compared to one week ago 13,876 down 11.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,843 compared to one week ago 2,000 down 7.9%.

0.924M shots yesterday so total up to 322.1M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.75M. 84.5% of shots administered is the national average, 53.9% of population with 1+ dose (69.4% of the adult population), 45.8% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 179 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 152 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

6,586 positives reported yesterday compared to 11,803 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 12,039.

Fatality was 150 compared to 394 yesterday and 229 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 298.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 12,125 compared to one week ago 13,391 down 9.5%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,824 compared to one week ago 1,940 down 6.0%.

So definitely seeing a flatline occurring. Literally no movement on the 7 day daily positive for the first time since we started coming down in April. Fatality values still down a small amount but not the same decline as weeks past. Even hospital numbers are starting to flatline. Appears this might be where we settle out for the long haul, in the 12K/300 on daily positives and fatality.

Cletus, where do you get that vaccination percentage? The CDC website only shows 65.9% of adults being 1+ vaccinated

Cletus, where do you get that vaccination percentage? The CDC website only shows 65.9% of adults being 1+ vaccinated
bloomberg and CDC have always been a few percent off with bloomberg being high. cdc has some lag of data reporting but it doesn't account for the difference. i wonder if bloomberg is adding in the vaccines for kids and never changed their formula such that those 12-16 group numbers are being added into the adult numbers. i can also say that i went onto a state website for PA and NJ and looked at the numbers and when i crunched them they were different from CDC and Bloomber back a couple of months ago. so all the data reported is +/- based on all site reporting different numbers.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bison13
The sad thing is that measures that were taken by those in control were not at all effective from the start. This plot of state by state COVID response is Excess Deaths Per Capita (most complete measure of COVID health impact) verse Job Loss Per Capita.
COVID-JOBS-CHARTS.png

States that are in the upper right hand quadrant did the worst in both measures. Tell me if you don't immediately recognize that those states in this quadrant were mostly the ones with the strictest and longest COVID restrictions.

So it is obvious to anyone with an IQ above 80 that COVID restrictions didn't just not help, they actually inflicted more harm on people both in terms of health and financially.

So why is there any further discussion about restricting anything at this point due to COVID? The restrictions clearly made it worse. Anyone with half a brain would reject any COVID related restrictions going forward. (post was originally intended for the NC state baseball thread that must have gotten censored).

EDIT: Spin Meister, I have not seen city by city studies. That's great question though. Unfortunately I am getting the "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." treatment again. So I had to edit a post just to respond.

Last edited:
The sad thing is that measures that were taken by those in control were not at all effective from the start. This plot of state by state COVID response is Excess Deaths Per Capita (most complete measure of COVID health impact) verse Job Loss Per Capita.
COVID-JOBS-CHARTS.png

States that are in the upper right hand quadrant did the worst in both measures. Tell me if you don't immediately recognize that those states in this quadrant were mostly the ones with the strictest and longest COVID restrictions.

So it is obvious to anyone with an IQ above 80 that COVID restrictions didn't just not help, they actually inflicted more harm on people both in terms of health and financially.

So why is there any further discussion about restricting anything at this point due to COVID? The restrictions clearly made it worse. Anyone with half a brain would reject any COVID related restrictions going forward. (post was originally intended for the NC state baseball thread that must have gotten censored).
There are two caveats to that chart. One is five of the worst had governors that insisted nursing homes take in Wuhan infected patients which killed thousand in each of those states. The other is that the states with huge, densely populated cities were disadvantaged by that density allowing rapid spread before any actions were taken.

Are there studies outcomes in cities with comparable populations but different attempts of controlling the outbreak?

There are two caveats to that chart. One is five of the worst had governors that insisted nursing homes take in Wuhan infected patients which killed thousand in each of those states. The other is that the states with huge, densely populated cities were disadvantaged by that density allowing rapid spread before any actions were taken.

Are there studies outcomes in cities with comparable populations but different attempts of controlling the outbreak?

Texas and Florida have large densely populated cities, but aren't in the upper right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT