ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

the numbers can change after they are reported. So even though todays daily positive was reported at 17,834, if you go back and look at May 17 daily positive on this Thursday for instance, it might have been changed to 19,xxx. Hence when you look at the 7 day rolling average, it also changes based on those corrections/additions from the actual reporting on that morning.
My son has been involved with gathering and reporting on stats for the state of ohio. He said that there are no reporting standards so the format of the data, and when the data comes in, is all over the place. Often, they don't get stats and have to call to pharmacy/hospital/emergency care to get them. Often they simply get a picture of a form filled out in long hand and can't read the data. And, just to be clear, he said rural areas just don't report because they are often one-man shops. Urban areas don't report because they are often overwhelmed or incompetent. So it is common for them to get no report or crazy reports which they have to run down manually. They then adjust the historical data with what they've learned.

By the way, he's been spot on relative to the drop in deaths. I posted on those and believe I was the first based on his input. Back in Feb, he (and I) predicted a 90% drop in deaths by the end of April because those at greatest risk, those over 65 and/or with a comorbidity, would be vaxxed.

I agree, that could be a small amount, but think about it. 80% or so of high risk people have been vaccinated such that they should not be going to the hospital in any statistical amount. And those high risk people were the ones that mainly were going to the hospital with covid. So how do you remove a huge percentage of the people that were going to the hospital with covid and yet have the percent go up. It should be down by 66-75% if you look at the historical data on who was going to hospital and how many have gotten vaccinated.
There is a substantial number of older people that refused the vaccines. Lot said they were ready to die and didn’t want to live bedridden in a nursing home. Do they have a breakdown for age groups?

Could it possibly be that some of the medications currently used (Remdesivir or monoclonal antibodies) to treat it can only be administered in the hospital and since there are more available beds and the panic has subsided maybe they feel more comfortable to admit borderline patients and treat them that earlier in the pandemic would not have been admitted? Just spitballing here as to why the percentage of hospitalizations per positive tests is higher now.
UPMC for instance has ( I believe ) 16 sites operating in western pennsylvania for treatment with Monoclonal Antibody therapy. They can handle up to 300 appointments per day if I recall. Do these folks count as hospitalizations?

At one point ICU numbers and Ventilator patients were being reported daily by state. I do not know if that is the case any longer.

My son has been involved with gathering and reporting on stats for the state of ohio. He said that there are no reporting standards so the format of the data, and when the data comes in, is all over the place. Often, they don't get stats and have to call to pharmacy/hospital/emergency care to get them. Often they simply get a picture of a form filled out in long hand and can't read the data. And, just to be clear, he said rural areas just don't report because they are often one-man shops. Urban areas don't report because they are often overwhelmed or incompetent. So it is common for them to get no report or crazy reports which they have to run down manually. They then adjust the historical data with what they've learned.

By the way, he's been spot on relative to the drop in deaths. I posted on those and believe I was the first based on his input. Back in Feb, he (and I) predicted a 90% drop in deaths by the end of April because those at greatest risk, those over 65 and/or with a comorbidity, would be vaxxed.
They will be given the first shot by mid Jan. And that will put a serious hit on the spread. Should see a significant drop by mid Feb.

And I wonder how much of the spread is by healthcare and nursing home workers bringing it home to their families....that also have jobs and spread it even further. If you stop the spread in these facilities by 70% you probably dropped the overall spread by 50%. That means it could be cut in half by mid Feb.

At least I hope.

Case count as those that test positive is a vague number as there are too many false positives. What is critical is hospitalizations and ICU admits. And that is what will fall in Feb as the most vulnerable......health workers and nursing home residents........are vaccinated.

Which is what I kept telling you for weeks. And it is also due to nursing home vaccinations where half the deaths are com from. This going to drop significantly through Feb.
[/QUOTE]

Ha! I was predicting major improvements by February way back in Dec.

Now with covid waning, many states (like 18) don't even report case data or deaths on weekends.

There is a substantial number of older people that refused the vaccines. Lot said they were ready to die and didn’t want to live bedridden in a nursing home. Do they have a breakdown for age groups?

i get that, but from a pure statistics standpoint, that is not explaining the situation. That could explain somewhat why the fatality rate is not going down as much as in the end, people are going to die as Kane has shown. But hospitalizations should have come way, way down when the majority of at risk people have been vaccinated along with the total number of daily positives come down. And we just are not seeing that.

So try to explain this in any rational way. The hospitilizations today are no different than this past late summer/early autumn (actually higher) when now the daily positives are actually lower that at that point in time plus 75% of all at risk people (who are the predominant group going to the hospital) have been vaccinated. From a data standpoint, we should be at 1/3 the number we are at now.

Reactions: KanePoster
So try to explain this in any rational way. The hospitilizations today are no different than this past late summer/early autumn (actually higher) when now the daily positives are actually lower that at that point in time plus 75% of all at risk people (who are the predominant group going to the hospital) have been vaccinated. From a data standpoint, we should be at 1/3 the number we are at now.

Again, it's largely in part due to more people going to the hospital for non-covid reasons (reasons they may have avoided going to the hospital for last year) then testing positive during routine screening.

Also there was a change in hospitalization guidance last October that expanded what counts as a reportable covid hospitalization (mostly having to include ER observation beds as hospitalizations)

Reactions: bison13
Again, it's largely in part due to more people going to the hospital for non-covid reasons (reasons they may have avoided going to the hospital for last year) then testing positive during routine screening.

Also there was a change in hospitalization guidance last October that expanded what counts as a reportable covid hospitalization (mostly having to include ER observation beds as hospitalizations)
there is also a financial gain in reporting the patient as being COVID related.

the only thing that makes sense. i almost somehow half wonder if people that have been recently vaccinated somehow are showing up as positive on some of this testing as that would explain a lot also

Reactions: The Spin Meister
CA said today that they won’t follow CDC guidelines until the June 15th economic reopening of the state. Not surprising in the least!

CA said today that they won’t follow CDC guidelines until the June 15th economic reopening of the state. Not surprising in the least!
June 11th here in Kentucky....certain governors know better than the CDC apparently.

Reactions: blmr31

“Reopening” timed to get the Memorial Day Weekend spike in as justification to further shut things down.

o_O

2.71M shots yesterday so total up to 273.54 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.98M. 79.4% of shots administered is the national average, 47.4% of population with 1+ dose (61.1% of the adult population), 37.1% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 157 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 123 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

17,834 positives reported yesterday compared to 26,578 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 33,811.

Fatality was 289 compared to 499 yesterday and 260 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 616.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 27,992 compared to one week ago 32,583 down 14.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 3,717 compared to one week ago 4,379 down 15.1%.

So daily positives are the lowest since late June last year which we know there was still some issues in testing at that point so basically the lowest it has ever been. We have a little ways to go on the lower point for fatality in June of last which for one week dipped down to the mid 500s.

We are starting to see the hospitalization data reflect the large decrease in positive cases with the continued increase in percentage down week over week now hitting a 15% drop in one week. I will say something is very strange with these numbers. We have new hospital admission at 3,717 and positive cases at 33,811, that means 11% or positives cases are hospitalized? That is just too high of a number compared to the last year and that doesn't even take into account that most high risk people have been vaccinated so if anything, that value should be much, much lower and not higher. Again, just another data anomaly that makes no sense and thereby makes you really question the data.

1.49M shots yesterday so total up to 274.41 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.83M. 79.7% of shots administered is the national average, 47.5% of population with 1+ dose (61.2% of the adult population), 37.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 158 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 124 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

25,030 positives reported yesterday compared to 30,214 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 32,090.

Fatality was 369 compared to 289 yesterday and 387 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 614.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 26,726 compared to one week ago 32,094 down 16.7%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 3,541 compared to one week ago 4,324 down 18.1%.

So as we have discussed, the esteemed Governor from New Jersey finally has played the card we knew was coming. Governor Murphy from NJ said in an interview the reason he is NOT following the CDC guidelines and keeping the mask mandate in place even for vaccinated people as .....IF WE CAN SAVE JUST ONE MORE LIFE, I WILL SIGN UP FOR THAT.....so we are now have the politicians tell us the reason we have to wear masks is any loss of life due to Covid is not acceptable.

That's why I voted in PA to limit the governors powers in this regard - insane that Wolf or any Governor can essentially be a dictator with these "Emergency Powers" without having to answer to the Legislature ever.
Kim Jong Tom simply knows better than you, peon. Stand down, mask up, stay home.

That's why I voted in PA to limit the governors powers in this regard - insane that Wolf or any Governor can essentially be a dictator with these "Emergency Powers" without having to answer to the Legislature ever.
I also voted for this, as I'm sure that many, many more voters did. No governor ever again should have unlimited powers like were used these past 14 months. A governor is not a king but the CEO of a state. That's why we have representatives.

1.49M shots yesterday so total up to 274.41 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.83M. 79.7% of shots administered is the national average, 47.5% of population with 1+ dose (61.2% of the adult population), 37.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 158 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 124 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

25,030 positives reported yesterday compared to 30,214 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 32,090.

Fatality was 369 compared to 289 yesterday and 387 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 614.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 26,726 compared to one week ago 32,094 down 16.7%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 3,541 compared to one week ago 4,324 down 18.1%.

So as we have discussed, the esteemed Governor from New Jersey finally has played the card we knew was coming. Governor Murphy from NJ said in an interview the reason he is NOT following the CDC guidelines and keeping the mask mandate in place even for vaccinated people as .....IF WE CAN SAVE JUST ONE MORE LIFE, I WILL SIGN UP FOR THAT.....so we are now have the politicians tell us the reason we have to wear masks is any loss of life due to Covid is not acceptable.

Governor Murphy cares more. 🥰

So now that the CDC is widely being ignored, do they amp up last week’s guidance or back down? Regardless, walensky’s got this.

which is at the heart of this whole debacle. it was NOT ABOUT THE SCIENCE. Literally admitting he was lying about things. Just CANNOT, CANNOT, CANNOT have physicians misleading the public as then all faith in what ever they say, whether it be correct or wrong is all now not believed. When you have governors in NY, NJ, California coming out and saying were are going AGAINST the CDC guidelines because I said so and it is about safety and science, etc...but you have other states that have been full open for 4-8 weeks and there is no statistical difference, than it is NOT about the science, it is about power and control and money.

If the governor said that, that is also entirely bullshit

The problem with that Fauci comment is - he is literally saying, you people are too stupid to understand these simple nuances so I had to dumb it down to a level where a person who never went to school would understand.

I just don’t think it is ever appropriate to lie about something ever, are surely not something like this. It breeds distrust. Ok so you lied to us about this. But next time you ask us to do something, should we believe that you are telling the truth? Or is this another one of those “white lies”?

Governor Murphy is really stupid or really dishonest.

Governor Murphy should be forced to go on a optimal health diet, consisting only of beans, vegetables, no oil, no butter, no milk. Because it will, statistically speaking and without dispute, add years to his life and reduce our medical expenses.

Governor Murphy is really stupid or really dishonest.

Governor Murphy should be forced to go on a optimal health diet, consisting only of beans, vegetables, no oil, no butter, no milk. Because it will, statistically speaking and without dispute, add years to his life and reduce our medical expenses.

Murphy just announced that the updated mask mandate requires kids to wear masks outside.

That would be fine if Facui were saying that. But he was at the same time making recommendations to the public that they should follow the science and do the same thing. As a public spokesperson, you should be telling people the truth. I don’t think it is a good thing to reshape the truth to fit the messaging you want to give (or have been told to give). It breeds distrust.

Fauci is merely saying that he work a mask just for public perception, not due to any true scientific benefit
And all the times I've said my friend who is a DR working with Fauci at NHI hasn't worn a mask since last June, took his kids out of public school and sent them to private with no masks, that we should have sent the kids to school, etc. I got called out. So many people made this political and did more harm than good from it. Even those Dr's working with him know he is power/fame hungry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT