ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

I asked a person who was wearing a mask outside at the beach today, if they had been sick recently and were trying to be thoughtful to those around them. They said ‘no, I don’t want to get monkey pox’.

we were in Bethany beach so maybe he was going to rehoboth…
going down to Bethany on Sunday for the week. was there over July 4th weekend and did see some people wearing masks on the beach then also.

Reactions: bison13
Well, it's taken a long time but the CDC finally realizes that the individual is responsible for their own health. Here's a article:

My two favorite quotes from the article.

“We know that Covid-19 is here to stay,” Greta Massetti, a C.D.C. epidemiologist, said at a news briefing on Thursday.

“I think they are attempting to meet up with the reality that everyone in the public is pretty much done with this pandemic,” said Michael T. Osterholm, an infectious disease expert at the University of Minnesota, referring to the C.D.C.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Well, it's taken a long time but the CDC finally realizes that the individual is responsible for their own health. Here's a article:

My two favorite quotes from the article.

“We know that Covid-19 is here to stay,” Greta Massetti, a C.D.C. epidemiologist, said at a news briefing on Thursday.

“I think they are attempting to meet up with the reality that everyone in the public is pretty much done with this pandemic,” said Michael T. Osterholm, an infectious disease expert at the University of Minnesota, referring to the C.D.C.
mic-drop-captain-obvious.gif

Unfortunately the below is still in place. They cannot get rid of masking at it is really their last ultimate power play in forcing people to where them.

The guidelines around masking — which recommend that people wear them indoors in places where community Covid-19 levels are high — have not changed.

Unfortunately the below is still in place. They cannot get rid of masking at it is really their last ultimate power play in forcing people to where them.

The guidelines around masking — which recommend that people wear them indoors in places where community Covid-19 levels are high — have not changed.
I'm actually glad to hear this, because if the CDC were to say that masks are useless and there is no need to wear them, I'd actually start to think that they actually are useful and I should wear one, even alone in my basement.

My MO is to do exactly the opposite of what the CDC and Dr. Death say to do, and it's worked just fine.

I'm actually glad to hear this, because if the CDC were to say that masks are useless and there is no need to wear them, I'd actually start to think that they actually are useful and I should wear one, even alone in my basement.

My MO is to do exactly the opposite of what the CDC and Dr. Death say to do, and it's worked just fine.

So last night on the boardwalk at the beach. See a guy, probably late 30's, normal looking (ie..not obese). So he is standing back from the ice cream stand with no mask about 10 foot from the counter. This is all outside, just your standard ice cream stand along the boardwalk where you order at one window and pick up when they yell your name at the next window. So the person in the window yells out his order and I see this guy literally put a mask on, then walks up to the window and get's his ice cream cone, and then takes a few steps back from the counter out towards the boardwalk and takes his mask off. So this guy literally put on a mask to walk up to an ice cream counter outside for the 5 seconds it takes to grab an ice cream cone. Some people are just crazy.

i also saw a man and wife and kids. The husband and two kids (young teenagers) have masks on, the wife does not.

• Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister
So last night on the boardwalk at the beach. See a guy, probably late 30's, normal looking (ie..not obese). So he is standing back from the ice cream stand with no mask about 10 foot from the counter. This is all outside, just your standard ice cream stand along the boardwalk where you order at one window and pick up when they yell your name at the next window. So the person in the window yells out his order and I see this guy literally put a mask on, then walks up to the window and get's his ice cream cone, and then takes a few steps back from the counter out towards the boardwalk and takes his mask off. So this guy literally put on a mask to walk up to an ice cream counter outside for the 5 seconds it takes to grab an ice cream cone. Some people are just crazy.

i also saw a man and wife and kids. The husband and two kids (young teenagers) have masks on, the wife does not.
well, one has no idea where other people are coming from. He could have a down syndrome child or is a diabetic and that is not readily apparent by sight.

One issue is that schools and universities are requiring masks in many locations.

well, one has no idea where other people are coming from. He could have a down syndrome child or is a diabetic and that is not readily apparent by sight.

One issue is that schools and universities are requiring masks in many locations.
I hope not PSU. Stop fu$^ing with the kids. They are at infinitesimal risk and are going to end up resenting other generations that are stealing from them.

Reactions: Ski and indynittany
I hope not PSU. Stop fu$^ing with the kids. They are at infinitesimal risk and are going to end up resenting other generations that are stealing from them.
A lot of damage already has been done, and society, which already is screwed up beyond belief, is really going to feel the effects of what was done to these kids in another five to ten years when they become socially maladjusted adults..

Nothing beats alone in a car, windows up and masked.

Just flew back from Vegas last night. Only one passenger on the plane with a mask and it was a girl about 12. The rest of her family didn't wear them, so I wondered if she had some particular condition or if she was just a Karen in training. She was on the lean side, so it wasn't obesity.

I am not sure what others have observed, but of the people that I see still wearing masks a high percentage of them are African Americans. I am curious as to why that would be. Is it that they are being marketed to them heavily or is there another reason?

Just flew back from Vegas last night. Only one passenger on the plane with a mask and it was a girl about 12. The rest of her family didn't wear them, so I wondered if she had some particular condition or if she was just a Karen in training. She was on the lean side, so it wasn't obesity.

I am not sure what others have observed, but of the people that I see still wearing masks a high percentage of them are African Americans. I am curious as to why that would be. Is it that they are being marketed to them heavily or is there another reason?
MSNBC, CNN, their local news?

Reactions: bison13
African Americans are disproportionally affected by underlying conditions such as asthma, diabetes and obesity that severely impact their immune systems to effectively fight off Covid.

Last edited:

Two reasons:
1. it's a political statement.
2. Until mid-May 2020 (start of the pandemic) black deaths were much higher than other races and the news jumped on this as if it were a racist outcome. Since mid-May 2020 you can see that the numbers have flipped but the news hasn't changed.

Here's the CDC data. Yes, this link is to the CDC Covid Data site.

You'll need to change the filter to select "Race/Ethnicity" under "Deaths", not "Cases" (notice the top half of the filters is "cases" and bottom section is "Deaths"). Within the chart, run your cursor along to view the number of deaths per 100K of population per race. Change the date range (in the filters section) to explore any time range you're interested in viewing in more detail. When you're done reading the data, shake your head in disgust at the news.

I actually think it impedes the ability to drive.
This was my reasoning for quitting my gym and putting a full gym in our basement. It was the day they went from masks required when walking around to masks required while working out. I went to the front desk that day and canceled while telling them the rule creates a safety risk.

Heavy squats or running on the treadmill with a mask in is a real safety risk. I've seen someone fly off of a treadmill because they slightly misplaced their next step and you put a mask on that may be riding up, this becomes much more likely. I'm sucking wind after a heavy squat or deadlift set. I don't need to try to do that through a mask that doesn't stop virus anyway.

Dem politicians…no need to slander everyone.
These corrupt power hungry ghouls just can’t give up. The sad thing is that most of the people who are affected by this never-ending garbage either will vote to reelect these bastards who implement these policies or not vote at all.

I was hoping that the people of this Commonwealth would show their anger at what the current PA administration did when this whole mess started by rejecting the candidacies of two certain people who are running for the Senate and the Governorship, but I have my doubts.

Reactions: Ski and bison13
This was my reasoning for quitting my gym and putting a full gym in our basement. It was the day they went from masks required when walking around to masks required while working out. I went to the front desk that day and canceled while telling them the rule creates a safety risk.

Heavy squats or running on the treadmill with a mask in is a real safety risk. I've seen someone fly off of a treadmill because they slightly misplaced their next step and you put a mask on that may be riding up, this becomes much more likely. I'm sucking wind after a heavy squat or deadlift set. I don't need to try to do that through a mask that doesn't stop virus anyway.
Lmao

Spent the weekend at National Harbor---we were at one of the stores and I was need registers while my wife shopped. A woman asked the 20 something working if they were required to wear masks. He said no but he wasn't letting one of the kids who come in without them get him sick. He needs to stay healthy so he can work! BUT....he keeps it under his nose so it's easier to breathe! Wonder if he knows how you get Covid?

So good news is that the new hospital admissions continue to go down. The peak was on July 25th and have been going down slowly since. So confirmation this latest BA4/BA5 wave is basically over.

Fatalities looked to have peaked on August 4th with the 7 day rolling average at 447. Today the 7 day is at 420. So we should have a gradual reduction in fatality now as well. Note the 7 day rolling average had gotten as low as 285 per day in early June. So that is the low water mark that has been hit not withstanding 215 data point in early July of 2021.

Child abuse — interfering with their speech development and social skills due to a minuscule threat.
Crazy about that article. Today when I went into school for part of the leader ship team it was mentioned that we had to bring on a second speech pathologist at each of the elementary schools in the district. Their sole purpose was for kindergarten and pre-K3 and four because so many of those kids have speech issues now but they’ve either been wearing masks or been forced to try and communicate with people who are wearing masks. we’ve had a 300% increase in kids who with speech problems due to someth ing that they never should’ve been doing

Last edited:
When you're doing sets with 495 for squat or placing your feet when running on a treadmill, a useless cloth mask is a safety risk no matter how much you liberal media has propagandized them, particularly if you know what a nanometer is.
I have no opinion on mask wearing but saying it’s a safety risk in those situations is laughable. Lab technicians wear them for sometimes over 10 hours a day with no issues

I have no opinion on mask wearing but saying it’s a safety risk in those situations is laughable. Lab technicians wear them for sometimes over 10 hours a day with no issues
The safety risk has little to do with restricting breathing although I assure you that lab techs aren't wearing masks while taxing their cardiovascular and lung capacity to near maximum.

The risk is vision impairment and reduced peripheral vision while running on equipment with a small strip of moving belt to place your feet or re-racking a 500 lb bar on a small 2 inch lip. Same as the risk for the idiots you see wearing a mask while driving alone in a vehicle.

I nearly opened a gym before covid shut downs, thank God the deal with the commercial space was slow. But I know the legal and safety processes involved quite well.

Reactions: Ski and bison13
ADVERTISEMENT