ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

For me the effectiveness of the shots is zero. They can say it's 85% or whatever number they want to pull out of their ass. It doesn't matter because I had all three of their shots like a good soldier and I got the Rona. So the shots are bullshit and I'll never take another one. I don't care if dengue fever or smallpox comes back, I'm not taking anything the government says to take and if I die, good.

There are STILL commercials on tv and radio vax...mask...test...let's put covid to rest! Are they serious with this nonsense? So the problem is people aren't still wearing masks and we should do more tests? And get shots that are horseshit? It's our money paying for these commercials as well as the useless shots. Hamburger is $8 a pound and eggs are $4.
I've also seen these insipid and pathetic commercials. You would think that we went back in time to two years ago.

A guy in the office last week tested positive on Wednesday morning for Covid, don't think he ever had it before. Vaxed and boosted with J&J. Typical 48 hours of not feeling well, fever, etc...over the weekend he lost taste and smell. Today, still feeling fatigued, sore throat. So definitely a 'worse' case then normal for a healthy 40 year old.

Then another guy this morning announced he tested positive yesterday for Covid. He has small fever and general achiness. He is vaxed and boosted and I think he had Covid in the past already. So a re-infection.

So definitely Covid going around and highly contagious right now. Appears the Ba4 and Ba5 variants are taking over and based on the data should basically outcompete the Ba2 and original omicron by end of this month.

A guy in the office last week tested positive on Wednesday morning for Covid, don't think he ever had it before. Vaxed and boosted with J&J. Typical 48 hours of not feeling well, fever, etc...over the weekend he lost taste and smell. Today, still feeling fatigued, sore throat. So definitely a 'worse' case then normal for a healthy 40 year old.

Then another guy this morning announced he tested positive yesterday for Covid. He has small fever and general achiness. He is vaxed and boosted and I think he had Covid in the past already. So a re-infection.

So definitely Covid going around and highly contagious right now. Appears the Ba4 and Ba5 variants are taking over and based on the data should basically outcompete the Ba2 and original omicron by end of this month.
Considering that this virus and the probably hundreds of different strains of it now are endemic, you probably will be able to post about people contracting it five and ten years from now. It's here to stay and people continually are going to contract it just like with all of the other endemic corona viruses. Also, just like all of the other endemic corona viruses, some people are going to have much more severe effects from it, but most will get over it rather quickly. As soon as society accepts these premises, which I think the majority has, the better we all will be.

Of all the people in my office that just got it, the double vaxxed had it worse. The unvaxxed(including myself) a day or two of a cold and that was it. Did have another vaxxed person sick but he claimed he was negative but missed 2 days of work.

Reactions: bison13
Considering that this virus and the probably hundreds of different strains of it now are endemic, you probably will be able to post about people contracting it five and ten years from now. It's here to stay and people continually are going to contract it just like with all of the other endemic corona viruses. Also, just like all of the other endemic corona viruses, some people are going to have much more severe effects from it, but most will get over it rather quickly. As soon as society accepts these premises, which I think the majority has, the better we all will be.
yes and no. I don't think anybody knows exactly where this is headed and what will things be like 5-10 years from now. I thought that I knew where this was headed but the contagiousness and breakthrough capability (to natural infection, forget about the vaccines at this point) of the latest variants is making everybody rethink (and by everybody I mean real scientists and doctors, not talking heads and ideologues in the CDC/FDA). Even that doctor from the UK who does all the Youtube videos and is excellent you can tell is a little confused, disappointed, perplexed by the latest uptick. As a human society we are learning to live with it, some countries like China and Japan are still very isolated, most Western countries have just opened up and essentially are in the endemic it is what it is phase.

And Covid is not the classic flu, it is more virulent and much, much more infectious. That is what the statistics tell us. There are not many healthy people that get the flu and end up fatigued for a couple of weeks or lose their taste/smell, etc....and the fatality rate even now is still higher than the worst flu campaigns. So Covid does effect the elderly and unhealthy at a much higher rate as Covid is so much more infectious.

The hope is that as everybody gets natural immunity, that Covid will become less and less virulent to the point that the world population basically has been naturally infected so much that herd immunity on a global scale takes place somewhat and our body's immune system ends up fighting off most new Covid strains. Basically what has happened with the common flu. The question is how long will it take to get there. I think most thought that after the Omicron wave where between Alpha, Delta, Omicron and vaccine antibody's that we were there. But these variants are making that hypothesis not true.

yes and no. I don't think anybody knows exactly where this is headed and what will things be like 5-10 years from now. I thought that I knew where this was headed but the contagiousness and breakthrough capability (to natural infection, forget about the vaccines at this point) of the latest variants is making everybody rethink (and by everybody I mean real scientists and doctors, not talking heads and ideologues in the CDC/FDA). Even that doctor from the UK who does all the Youtube videos and is excellent you can tell is a little confused, disappointed, perplexed by the latest uptick. As a human society we are learning to live with it, some countries like China and Japan are still very isolated, most Western countries have just opened up and essentially are in the endemic it is what it is phase.

And Covid is not the classic flu, it is more virulent and much, much more infectious. That is what the statistics tell us. There are not many healthy people that get the flu and end up fatigued for a couple of weeks or lose their taste/smell, etc....and the fatality rate even now is still higher than the worst flu campaigns. So Covid does effect the elderly and unhealthy at a much higher rate as Covid is so much more infectious.

The hope is that as everybody gets natural immunity, that Covid will become less and less virulent to the point that the world population basically has been naturally infected so much that herd immunity on a global scale takes place somewhat and our body's immune system ends up fighting off most new Covid strains. Basically what has happened with the common flu. The question is how long will it take to get there. I think most thought that after the Omicron wave where between Alpha, Delta, Omicron and vaccine antibody's that we were there. But these variants are making that hypothesis not true.
Cases are dropping and virulence and deadliness is plummeting. That is what the numbers are saying. It is beyond time to resume living normal life (with raised awareness - first of which is that the USA needs to get into better physical shape). In fact, the numbers show (in hindsight) that beyond protecting seniors/vulnerable tbat normal life should NEVER have stopped.

Cases are dropping and virulence and deadliness is plummeting. That is what the numbers are saying. It is beyond time to resume living normal life (with raised awareness - first of which is that the USA needs to get into better physical shape). In fact, the numbers show (in hindsight) that beyond protecting seniors/vulnerable tbat normal life should NEVER have stopped.
the case count on worldmeter (or any site for that matter) is useless as most people do home tests now which don't show up on those stats. to understand if the cases are increasing or decreasing you have to look at new hospital admission data as that is the only way to know the trend and that is going up at a steeper curve now than a few weeks ago. so cases are not dropping.

as for virulence, the fatality curve has stayed pretty constant for the last month. again, you cannot look at the last few days data as some states only report on a weekly basis and therefore you almost have to delay a week to get the real information. so there is no doubt that omicron is much less virulent that Alpha or Delta as many more cases now with lower fatality. but unfortunately though it does not appear that the variants of omicron are any less virulent as they keep going now to BA5 and BA5 strains. only time will tell on that one. I am surprised that the fatality count is as high as it is considering the dry tinder theory that we have discussed on here the last couple of years. the UK has some good data that the USA does not publish that shows the amount of people dying "OF" covid is decreasing while the amount of people dying 'WITH" omicron is increasing. So in that sense, since the USA just codes Covid as the reason for death regardless (in some cases even if the person had covid weeks prior and had recovered which is why I don't trust the USA data versus rest of world as no other country seems to be doing that and hence why the USA death number look so high compared to other countries) maybe Covid is less virulent and the reason the fatality curve is not lowering is a coding issues on the death certificate which is what the UK data would suggest.

As for the covid policies in the past, no sense in re-hashing them. they were wrong but the CDC and Dems won't admit it as they will never admit they screwed up. the fact the CDC is still recommending that healthy kids get boosted (when we know that the booster shot is transient for 6-10 weeks and is not effective at blocking infection and transmission) is just insane and nearly criminal in my mind.

Right...and not just told but de-platformed and humiliated. Many people's professional lives were ruined. I say this with no joy, we are a banana republic.
I have a pediatrician friend who is adamantly against the vax for kids. But will give the parents what they want. He's been very good at threading the needle the last 2 years and doesn't believe there is much demand for it but can't afford to be canceled. That said he posted the what the CDC is telling them about giving the vaccine with other vaccines.

"COVID-19 vaccines may be administered without regard to timing of other vaccines. This includes simultaneous administration of COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines on the same day.
Extensive experience with non-COVID 19 vaccines has demonstrated that immunogenicity and adverse event profiles are generally similar when vaccines are administered simultaneously as when they are administered alone. Data assessing the outcomes of simultaneous administration of COVID-19 vaccines with other vaccines are limited currently, including any potential increase in reactogenicity when COVID-19 and other vaccines are administered at the same visit.
In accordance with general best practices, routine administration of all age-appropriate doses of vaccines simultaneously is recommended for children for whom no specific contraindications exist at the time of the healthcare visit. When deciding whether to coadminister another vaccine(s) with COVID-19 vaccine, providers and parents/guardians may consider whether a child is behind or at risk of becoming behind on recommended vaccines and the likelihood of the child returning for another vaccination; the child’s risk of becoming infected with a vaccine-preventable disease and their risk for severe disease if infected; and the reactogenicity profile of the vaccines."

The bold line basically tells the doctors don't give the covid vaccine....since one Covid is not preventable with the vaccine and there is no risk of serious disease.

You really can't make it up.

I have a pediatrician friend who is adamantly against the vax for kids. But will give the parents what they want. He's been very good at threading the needle the last 2 years and doesn't believe there is much demand for it but can't afford to be canceled. That said he posted the what the CDC is telling them about giving the vaccine with other vaccines.

"COVID-19 vaccines may be administered without regard to timing of other vaccines. This includes simultaneous administration of COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines on the same day.
Extensive experience with non-COVID 19 vaccines has demonstrated that immunogenicity and adverse event profiles are generally similar when vaccines are administered simultaneously as when they are administered alone. Data assessing the outcomes of simultaneous administration of COVID-19 vaccines with other vaccines are limited currently, including any potential increase in reactogenicity when COVID-19 and other vaccines are administered at the same visit.
In accordance with general best practices, routine administration of all age-appropriate doses of vaccines simultaneously is recommended for children for whom no specific contraindications exist at the time of the healthcare visit. When deciding whether to coadminister another vaccine(s) with COVID-19 vaccine, providers and parents/guardians may consider whether a child is behind or at risk of becoming behind on recommended vaccines and the likelihood of the child returning for another vaccination; the child’s risk of becoming infected with a vaccine-preventable disease and their risk for severe disease if infected; and the reactogenicity profile of the vaccines."

The bold line basically tells the doctors don't give the covid vaccine....since one Covid is not preventable with the vaccine and there is no risk of serious disease.

You really can't make it up.
The bottom line is that many people are non-thinkers. They simply want to outsource the thinking even when it comes to what is best for the health and well-being of their children. Many would read 10 words into a message and stop there.

It's the reason why our tax dollars are paying for commercials with jingles that have multiple one word calls to action in a childlike delivery. Vax. Mask. Test. The non-thinkers just want to be told what to do as simply as possible.

I couldn't imagine going through life outsourcing critical thought for major decisions. But those are the targets. Come in and inject something that we have no long term studies into your toddler that won't prevent them from getting a disease that they are already at infinitesimal risk from anyway.

Last edited:
Come in and inject something that we have no long term studies into your toddler that won't prevent them from getting a disease that they are already at infinitesimal risk from anyway.
If that was the extent of it, no problem. Instead we have millions of cheerleaders for this who will force people underground who don't comply. Your kid can't go to school, play sports, travel, etc. unless....and it better be proven to our satisfaction that these hoops have been jumped through, peon. Science denier. Grandma killer.

Interesting conversation last night. Went out to eat with our west coast sales guy, smart guy, engineer. He is early 60's and in good physical shape. Old school liberal democrat but not into the woke stuff. He has been supportive of the administration in general. Is vaxxed and boosted due to age. thinks he might have had covid in 2020 but never was tested. got omicron at a trade show in April, moderate sickness. Just some history.

Anyway we talk a little about covid and he basically admits that he now has no trust in Fauci or CDC as most of what they said has shown to be not true or exaggerated. doesn't understand the push to vax kids. doesn't understand the constant cry for masking. so basically here is a mainstream, little left of center democrat who now just is disgusted with the government, the CDC, beauracrats and Biden. He is guy that I think in the upcoming election either doesn't vote or will vote out the Dems even though he is a Democrat. I think the tide is really turning against the establishment when you have guys like this now admitting what was done was mostly wrong.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that many people are non-thinkers. They simply want to outsource the thinking even when it comes to what is best for the health and well-being of their children. Many would read 10 words into a message and stop there.

It's the reason why our tax dollars are paying for commercials with jingles that have multiple one word calls to action in a childlike delivery. Vax. Mask. Test. The non-thinkers just want to be told what to do as simply as possible.

I couldn't imagine going through life outsourcing critical thought for major decisions. But those are the targets. Come in and inject something that we have no long term studies into your toddler that won't prevent them from getting a disease that they are already at infinitesimal risk from anyway.
It reminds me of how proud LaJolla Lion was about getting his young daughter vaxxed. I have no patience with people who endanger their kids and then try to virtue signal about it.

It reminds me of how proud LaJolla Lion was about getting his young daughter vaxxed. I have no patience with people who endanger their kids and then try to virtue signal about it.
I spent a LOT OF TIME in airports yesterday (about 12 hours). I'd say about 5% of people are masking. Of those, about half were using cloth masks. There were some people still using the welder's masks. There were several that had some major league masks that probably can and do make a difference. Most of those were people you could see had co-morbidities (old, frail) or had a family member in their group that was at risk. Respect for them.

For the most part, and I am talking 90% plus, have just moved on.

Specific to the kids vax, I continue to watch the media credibility drop day in and day out. I happened to catch a bit on Good Morning America. Now, you know people like Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan are smart people. They have to know that kids needing to get vaxxed is very, very low. yet, they are there promoting it like the CDC's approval for kids is going to save lives. In fact, they said over 500 kids have died of COVID. Well, that is a lie. First, they died "with COVID" (at most) not "of COVID". Second, that is 500 kids out of 50,000,000+ kids in the USA.

It is clear to me that they know better but just do whatever they need to do to collect their gross paychecks. But we are talking about health issues here....do these people have no consiounses? NPR as well. They were interviewing "moms" like it was Victory in Europe Day.

• Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I spent a LOT OF TIME in airports yesterday (about 12 hours). I'd say about 5% of people are masking. Of those, about half were using cloth masks. There were some people still using the welder's masks. There were several that had some major league masks that probably can and do make a difference. Most of those were people you could see had co-morbidities (old, frail) or had a family member in their group that was at risk. Respect for them.

For the most part, and I am talking 90% plus, have just moved on.

Specific to the kids vax, I continue to watch the media credibility drop day in and day out. I happened to catch a bit on Good Morning America. Now, you know people like Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan are smart people. They have to know that kids needing to get vaxxed is very, very low. yet, they are there promoting it like the CDC's approval for kids is going to save lives. In fact, they said over 500 kids have died of COVID. Well, that is a lie. First, they died "with COVID" (at most) not "of COVID". Second, that is 500 kids out of 50,000,000+ kids in the USA.

It is clear to me that they know better but just do whatever they need to do to collect their gross paychecks. But we are talking about health issues here....do these people have no consiounses? NPR as well. They were interviewing "moms" like it was Victory in Europe Day.
First on your time at the airport, I always find it amusing when one person in a family is wearing a mask and no one else is. Clearly they know the science!

Roberts and Strahan are being paid by Pfizer...watch the commercials on ABC. Its all about the money. BTW I dont watch GMA just happened to be in the dentist chair on Tuesday and got to watch it. I did learn from the news scrolling on the bottom of the screens that infants should not wear hats inside!

First on your time at the airport, I always find it amusing when one person in a family is wearing a mask and no one else is. Clearly they know the science!

Roberts and Strahan are being paid by Pfizer...watch the commercials on ABC. Its all about the money. BTW I dont watch GMA just happened to be in the dentist chair on Tuesday and got to watch it. I did learn from the news scrolling on the bottom of the screens that infants should not wear hats inside!
I saw that several times. I assume that the individual wearing the mask has some sort of comorbidity. But with 95% of the crowd not masking, what is the use in making family members mask? So they take whatever comfort they can in masking the compromised individual.

the case count on worldmeter (or any site for that matter) is useless as most people do home tests now which don't show up on those stats. to understand if the cases are increasing or decreasing you have to look at new hospital admission data as that is the only way to know the trend and that is going up at a steeper curve now than a few weeks ago. so cases are not dropping.

as for virulence, the fatality curve has stayed pretty constant for the last month. again, you cannot look at the last few days data as some states only report on a weekly basis and therefore you almost have to delay a week to get the real information. so there is no doubt that omicron is much less virulent that Alpha or Delta as many more cases now with lower fatality. but unfortunately though it does not appear that the variants of omicron are any less virulent as they keep going now to BA5 and BA5 strains. only time will tell on that one. I am surprised that the fatality count is as high as it is considering the dry tinder theory that we have discussed on here the last couple of years. the UK has some good data that the USA does not publish that shows the amount of people dying "OF" covid is decreasing while the amount of people dying 'WITH" omicron is increasing. So in that sense, since the USA just codes Covid as the reason for death regardless (in some cases even if the person had covid weeks prior and had recovered which is why I don't trust the USA data versus rest of world as no other country seems to be doing that and hence why the USA death number look so high compared to other countries) maybe Covid is less virulent and the reason the fatality curve is not lowering is a coding issues on the death certificate which is what the UK data would suggest.

As for the covid policies in the past, no sense in re-hashing them. they were wrong but the CDC and Dems won't admit it as they will never admit they screwed up. the fact the CDC is still recommending that healthy kids get boosted (when we know that the booster shot is transient for 6-10 weeks and is not effective at blocking infection and transmission) is just insane and nearly criminal in my mind.
I am looking at tbe totality of the data. But thanks to the Chinese (w/probable assist via Fauci) COVID is here to stay.

Mankind has adjusted and it is beyond time to live a normal life. If people want to wear N95 masks, then God bless them. Many will “take the bridge soon” with this anti-social behavior.

Time to follow the science (and not tbe politics)!

Good thing that the colonies/George Washington did not use a similar approach that we followed last two years (during middle of small pox outbreak) as there would not be a USA.

At LAX, just doing some quick gross counting, I would say in the 25% of people with masks on. Shockingly high number.

At LAX, just doing some quick gross counting, I would say in the 25% of people with masks on. Shockingly high number.
If you weren't in LA I'd say 25% would be high. I'll be honest, I'm surprised its not more out there.

In LAX? Are the mask wearers predominantly Asian? Very common for Asians to wear masks while traveling even pre-pandemic. If you travel to Vietnam, China, Japan and Korea many citizens mask just to avoid the awful pollution in the larger cities. Culturally, it has become extremely accepted.

late-afternoon-rush-hour-motorbike-traffic-in-hang-gai-st-hanoi-old-C5AAFJ.jpg

If you weren't in LA I'd say 25% would be high. I'll be honest, I'm surprised its not more out there.
Saw more masks this week out here than anywhere I have been in the past year. The plane has to be in the 33-40% range.

In LAX? Are the mask wearers predominantly Asian? Very common for Asians to wear masks while traveling even pre-pandemic. If you travel to Vietnam, China, Japan and Korea many citizens mask just to avoid the awful pollution in the larger cities. Culturally, it has become extremely accepted.

Yes , most Asians do but a ton of non Asians also.

Yes , most Asians do but a ton of non Asians also.
I spent 8 hours in the Newark airport Wednesday night (weather delay). There, more masks than I've seen but still below 5% by my estimate. On the plane were very few mask wearers.

Looks like they are all being shipped off to the gas chamber. Biden's own people are now saying vax had nothing to do with evidence. https://welovetrump.com/2022/06/25/...mits-covid-19-jab-efficacy-claims-were-based-

Do you think it's just that way for the vaccine.....

YMj42ZS.jpg

Well any claim after last June was definately a lie, they knew by the UK numbers that it wasn't working

Well, the BA4/BA5 wave is here in the USA. Where many other countries had the distinct Omicron wave (as USA did around the late December through January 2022) and then a second distinct BA2 wave and now are having a third distinct BA4/5 wave, it appears the USA BA2 and BA4/BA5 wave have sort of melded together. The good news is that the curve is pretty flat (only 2% increase over last week) and for instance new hospital admissions (best data point in the USA to get an understanding of cases) is at slightly under 5K where in the original Alpha wave it was 15K+, in delta was 12K, and in Omicron original was 20K+. So we are still way below all the other waves and I do think that we are not going to see a large spike up so it appears that most likely about 5K is where this wave is going to top at around.

And even though the BA2 wave started back in mid April on this steady rise we have seen for the past 10 weeks, the fatality curve has remained basically constant since mid May. So even though case counts are continuing to rise, the fatality is not showing that these new variants although highly contagious are much less virulent and fatal then all the previous variants.

Well, the BA4/BA5 wave is here in the USA. Where many other countries had the distinct Omicron wave (as USA did around the late December through January 2022) and then a second distinct BA2 wave and now are having a third distinct BA4/5 wave, it appears the USA BA2 and BA4/BA5 wave have sort of melded together. The good news is that the curve is pretty flat (only 2% increase over last week) and for instance new hospital admissions (best data point in the USA to get an understanding of cases) is at slightly under 5K where in the original Alpha wave it was 15K+, in delta was 12K, and in Omicron original was 20K+. So we are still way below all the other waves and I do think that we are not going to see a large spike up so it appears that most likely about 5K is where this wave is going to top at around.

And even though the BA2 wave started back in mid April on this steady rise we have seen for the past 10 weeks, the fatality curve has remained basically constant since mid May. So even though case counts are continuing to rise, the fatality is not showing that these new variants although highly contagious are much less virulent and fatal then all the previous variants.
Since I'm not a virologist maybe someone can answer this. Why did we have variants Alpha, Beta, Delta and Omicron and now we are have variants of Omicron. Shouldn't each of these be a different name? Then of course if they are truly variants of Omicron why are we still giving vaccines designed to fight Alpha.

Since I'm not a virologist maybe someone can answer this. Why did we have variants Alpha, Beta, Delta and Omicron and now we are have variants of Omicron. Shouldn't each of these be a different name? Then of course if they are truly variants of Omicron why are we still giving vaccines designed to fight Alpha.
I think the variants of Omicron are very closely related to Omicron where the other variants had more distinct features that were different enough to call them new variants essentially. Like a tree where Alpha and Delta and Omicron are all distinct new branches from the trunk but the variants of Omicron are just new sprouts off of the Omicron branch itself.

The whole push for vaccination of kids and boosters to healthy people with a vaccine that has basically no effect against Omicron other than some very short term boost (estimated to be 4-10 weeks) is baffling to me as well. The booster shots do literally nothing that I can see for a healthy person that has already been vaccinated or has natural immunity from previous infection. Why the CDC and FDA are pushing these is beyond explanation. Even the UK and a lot of Europe are now telling people that they don't need to get boosted unless you are high risk.

I think the variants of Omicron are very closely related to Omicron where the other variants had more distinct features that were different enough to call them new variants essentially. Like a tree where Alpha and Delta and Omicron are all distinct new branches from the trunk but the variants of Omicron are just new sprouts off of the Omicron branch itself.

The whole push for vaccination of kids and boosters to healthy people with a vaccine that has basically no effect against Omicron other than some very short term boost (estimated to be 4-10 weeks) is baffling to me as well. The booster shots do literally nothing that I can see for a healthy person that has already been vaccinated or has natural immunity from previous infection. Why the CDC and FDA are pushing these is beyond explanation. Even the UK and a lot of Europe are now telling people that they don't need to get boosted unless you are high risk.
Tomorrow the FDA advisory committee meets to decide if we need boosters.

Which of course is dumber then dumb if true. Its all about the $$$$$$
yes, it is all about money and power. No medical doctor worth his salt is going to recommend the current booster shot to a healthy person, especially one that has a previous infection. But the CDC/FDA are pretty much now owned by the Pharma companies, as are politicians who are pushing for it. Then throw in the ideologues leading in these organizations and you have what we have now.

I don’t know if my personal experience is of any interest in this thread, but I will offer for this who may be interested.

Background
I am a double lung transplant recipient (nearly 8 years now) that was necessary due to being a Cystic Fibrosis patient. I became steroid and other required drugs diabetic post transplant as well as kidney deficient all placing me high on the chart of risk factors for severe COVID should I become infected.

Vaccine Results
I am enrolled in a study out of Johns Hopkins in which I draw a blood sample on a prescribed schedule 1-month, 3-months, 6-months post each “shot” with the schedule restarting after each shot.

The first and third months after my first set of two shots yielded negative for COVID antibodies. The first mafter my third shot, I was minimally positive and that number declined by about 30% at the third month. I received the fourth shot the first day that the fourth was made available for highly immunocompromised individuals. Both my first month and third mont post the fourth shot were barely positive and significantly less so than the third shot results.

Monoclonal Antibodies
Shortly after (within days) of my third month post the fourth shot blood draw, my number was called to receive a prophylactic dose of monoclonal antibodies. The first month after receiving this treatment, I “developed” antibody levels that were nearly the equal of the low end of what a non-immunocompromised individual would see from the vaccines themselves. I’m hopeful that my third month blood draw in about 3 weeks will yield similar results. In any event, I expect that I will be receiving this treatment every six months for the foreseeable future.

I’ve been advised to hold off on the fifth shot that I have been eligible to get for several weeks,

I hope this was interesting and not too boring for this group.

I don’t know if my personal experience is of any interest in this thread, but I will offer for this who may be interested.

Background
I am a double lung transplant recipient (nearly 8 years now) that was necessary due to being a Cystic Fibrosis patient. I became steroid and other required drugs diabetic post transplant as well as kidney deficient all placing me high on the chart of risk factors for severe COVID should I become infected.

Vaccine Results
I am enrolled in a study out of Johns Hopkins in which I draw a blood sample on a prescribed schedule 1-month, 3-months, 6-months post each “shot” with the schedule restarting after each shot.

The first and third months after my first set of two shots yielded negative for COVID antibodies. The first mafter my third shot, I was minimally positive and that number declined by about 30% at the third month. I received the fourth shot the first day that the fourth was made available for highly immunocompromised individuals. Both my first month and third mont post the fourth shot were barely positive and significantly less so than the third shot results.

Monoclonal Antibodies
Shortly after (within days) of my third month post the fourth shot blood draw, my number was called to receive a prophylactic dose of monoclonal antibodies. The first month after receiving this treatment, I “developed” antibody levels that were nearly the equal of the low end of what a non-immunocompromised individual would see from the vaccines themselves. I’m hopeful that my third month blood draw in about 3 weeks will yield similar results. In any event, I expect that I will be receiving this treatment every six months for the foreseeable future.

I’ve been advised to hold off on the fifth shot that I have been eligible to get for several weeks,

I hope this was interesting and not too boring for this group.
Very interesting and I completely understand why you would get everything you gotten. But you truly represent what has gotten me the most mad during the whole vaccination push. The fact they lied to get people vaccinated so they could protect the vulnerable was and still is maddening.

Glad you're staying healthy and hope you continue too be!

Reactions: psualt
Very interesting and I completely understand why you would get everything you gotten. But you truly represent what has gotten me the most mad during the whole vaccination push. The fact they lied to get people vaccinated so they could protect the vulnerable was and still is maddening.

Glad you're staying healthy and hope you continue too be!
My position during this whole fiasco is that it is, was, and always will be my responsibility to protect myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT