ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Wow, what happened to Newsweek? They have had several good, fair and balanced articles the past year. A major change for them.

And this article is awesome because the author names names. He quotes the actual doctors on the board that approved this and called them out for their bad decisions. A rarity these days.
isn't Newsweek typically a left leaning news, is this the same Newsweek that had a magazine that between Time magazine and Newsweek was basically the two largest 'new's' magazines in the country in the 70's, 80's, and 90's before the internet. Is this the same one?

Reactions: tlbakernc and Ski
Newsweek

Unfortunately Newsweek didn't change, they just allowed a different opinion. This guy has been spot on from Day 1. He was a Bucknell a couple months ago.

Newsweek

I think it goes beyond not really following science. It is often the case that a particular view is presented as an undeniable, incontrovertible fact and anyone, regardless of their credentials or the data and analysis they present that isn't in lockstep with the established position, is dismissed as a crackpot. Point out that the countermeasures recommended don't seem to work and you're anti-science. Point out that the models don't reflect reality, are based on dubious assumptions, and provide projections so wide as to make them unusable for planning purposes and the response is that you don't understand models. Question Dr. Faucci and you're questioning science. It's far closer to religion than science, and it's good to see that some news sources that can't be dismissed as being part of the "right-wing echo chamber" are starting to report on it. Who knows, maybe this is the start of the return of real journalism and that will lead to a push for the return of real science - the kind where questions are allowed, theories are subjected to rigorous evaluation, and no one pretends they have all the answers and their positions can't be questioned.

I think it goes beyond not really following science. It is often the case that a particular view is presented as an undeniable, incontrovertible fact and anyone, regardless of their credentials or the data and analysis they present that isn't in lockstep with the established position, is dismissed as a crackpot. Point out that the countermeasures recommended don't seem to work and you're anti-science. Point out that the models don't reflect reality, are based on dubious assumptions, and provide projections so wide as to make them unusable for planning purposes and the response is that you don't understand models. Question Dr. Faucci and you're questioning science. It's far closer to religion than science, and it's good to see that some news sources that can't be dismissed as being part of the "right-wing echo chamber" are starting to report on it. Who knows, maybe this is the start of the return of real journalism and that will lead to a push for the return of real science - the kind where questions are allowed, theories are subjected to rigorous evaluation, and no one pretends they have all the answers and their positions can't be questioned.
The biggest issue and fear that I have is that these are medical doctors saying this. Doctors used to be the smartest people and pillars of the community and held the hypocratic oath as a beacon of moral authority and reason. I see none of that here, which is really the start of the breakdown of society.

can someone explain why I should care about this? what is the tie to covid?
I posted it to show that the USA had quite an extensive network of labs doing viral research....we haven't, the USA, admitted it. So the chances of this happening, being released by mistake or on purpose, are quite high. China's lab wasn't an anomaly. This, IMHO, tells you why the USA and China conspired to cover up the lab leak (or, at least, the theory of a lab leak).

Reactions: tlbakernc
I posted it to show that the USA had quite an extensive network of labs doing viral research....we haven't, the USA, admitted it. So the chances of this happening, being released by mistake or on purpose, are quite high. China's lab wasn't an anomaly. This, IMHO, tells you why the USA and China conspired to cover up the lab leak (or, at least, the theory of a lab leak).
I think the main issue was the gain of function research which was supposedly being completed at Wuhan which was in direct contradiction to the USA banning it. And the CDC got around this by providing funding to a USA group that then just turned around and funded GOF research in Wuhan to circumvent the system and the laws. And Fauci and Collins new if this got out in the main stream that they were toast both their reputation and potentially criminal charges, so they conspired to cover it up.

Was Fauci/Collins also circumventing GOF laws by funding other GOF in other countries?

I think the main issue was the gain of function research which was supposedly being completed at Wuhan which was in direct contradiction to the USA banning it. And the CDC got around this by providing funding to a USA group that then just turned around and funded GOF research in Wuhan to circumvent the system and the laws. And Fauci and Collins new if this got out in the main stream that they were toast both their reputation and potentially criminal charges, so they conspired to cover it up.

Was Fauci/Collins also circumventing GOF laws by funding other GOF in other countries?
Agreed but after initially claiming we had no virtual research in Ukrain (and all the corruption that goes with that) we now admit we have dozens. I seriously no longer trust our govt to do the right thing in any circumstance.

Agreed but after initially claiming we had no virtual research in Ukrain (and all the corruption that goes with that) we now admit we have dozens. I seriously no longer trust our govt to do the right thing in any circumstance.
i guess I would have to read the report more closely. how much was 'funding' of virus related research labs and how much was funding of general labs for other purposes (health, agriculture, etc...)

i guess I would have to read the report more closely. how much was 'funding' of virus related research labs and how much was funding of general labs for other purposes (health, agriculture, etc...)
Agreed...but our govt has denied we did anything at all on Ukraine for several months.

Reactions: john4psu
What happened to @PSUEngineer89, he hasn't posted since mid-April?
I'm still here.

I've slowly come around to realizing that no matter how much evidence there is for a certain position, no one ever changes their mind.

After a while, you just realize the futility of trying to persuade anyone.

People are going to believe what they believe, evidence to the contrary be damned.

So, I simply don't put the effort into posting any longer.

I'm still here.

I've slowly come around to realizing that no matter how much evidence there is for a certain position, no one ever changes their mind.

People are going to believe what they believe, evidence to the contrary be damned.

I would say yes and no. I think as this goes on and more and more comes out about the issues associated with the lockdown and masking in schools, the more times that PSU randomly says mask mandate for three random days in June, every time one of those things happen that there is another person that sees how stupid much of what went on was. So there is no seismic shift in thinking, but there are more people today that think Fauci and govt. screwed this up and did a bad job then there were a year ago.

I'm still here.

I was getting a little worried that you entered a witness protection program.

So I am now on my second sinus infection in the past few months as had one back in April. I think I can remember having two sinus infections total before this maybe in the last 6 or 7 year span, now I have two in 4 months timing. The more I read, I am thinking that is has something to do with the after effects of Covid. As the sinus infection itself has lasted each time for about 36-48 hours where my actual nose is burning. But just like the one in April, I am now a week out from the burning nose being gone but still have to blow my nose 4 or 5 times per hour all day long as the mucus never stops. Like a bad allergy with a constant running nose (and I know it is not allergies as both my wife has nothing and she has allergies plus I have never had allergies to pollen or other before in my life).

Reactions: NC2017
So I am now on my second sinus infection in the past few months as had one back in April. I think I can remember having two sinus infections total before this maybe in the last 6 or 7 year span, now I have two in 4 months timing. The more I read, I am thinking that is has something to do with the after effects of Covid. As the sinus infection itself has lasted each time for about 36-48 hours where my actual nose is burning. But just like the one in April, I am now a week out from the burning nose being gone but still have to blow my nose 4 or 5 times per hour all day long as the mucus never stops. Like a bad allergy with a constant running nose (and I know it is not allergies as both my wife has nothing and she has allergies plus I have never had allergies to pollen or other before in my life).
There are 7 or 8 different viruses going around right now. I have one the beginning of May....one of the worst coughs I've ever had---it wasn't covid. Cough lasted 3 weeks voice effected a week longer. First anything I got since Feb 2020 with Covid 1.0--and yes I've worked everyday since covid hit and never masked at work.. Then last week covid-thought it was a sinus infection, then 3 days later tested positive for covid(was negative the first 3 days) after the cough and sinus stuff went away.

That said a month or two ago I saw a study that stated most "summer" allergy attacks are actually viruses that no one knows they had.

Don't be so sure. About 7 years ago I thought I had pink eye. It cleared up after a week or two and shortly after I had "pink eye" again. Turns out that I had gotten typical summer allergies and have been taking allergy medicine when needed ever since. Prior to my "pink eye" I had never gotten an allergy and thought I was immune.

Don't be so sure. About 7 years ago I thought I had pink eye. It cleared up after a week or two and shortly after I had "pink eye" again. Turns out that I had gotten typical summer allergies and have been taking allergy medicine when needed ever since. Prior to my "pink eye" I had never gotten an allergy and thought I was immune.
Basically same thing here. Grew up on a farm so never had any kind of allergies but now that I’ve been away for 20+ years I do get affected by pollen and such much easier

Reactions: tlbakernc
There are 7 or 8 different viruses going around right now. I have one the beginning of May....one of the worst coughs I've ever had---it wasn't covid. Cough lasted 3 weeks voice effected a week longer. First anything I got since Feb 2020 with Covid 1.0--and yes I've worked everyday since covid hit and never masked at work.. Then last week covid-thought it was a sinus infection, then 3 days later tested positive for covid(was negative the first 3 days) after the cough and sinus stuff went away.

That said a month or two ago I saw a study that stated most "summer" allergy attacks are actually viruses that no one knows they had.
i think i am in the middle of the cough virus. Been hacking for a month now. Feels like I have mucus right below my chest plate. Othe than the cough I feel great.

Now I am wondering if I did have Covid. Had symptoms that are Covid like in a sinus infection type of nose burn, very light fever (100F), runny nose, lasted for about 36 hours (except as noted my nose is still running a week plus later). Two days after my symptom my wife came down with same symptoms. Guy at work today just tested positive (I had it last week) as did his entire family, he is only one symptomatic as his wife and small kids show no symptoms.

Now I am wondering if I did have Covid. Had symptoms that are Covid like in a sinus infection type of nose burn, very light fever (100F), runny nose, lasted for about 36 hours (except as noted my nose is still running a week plus later). Two days after my symptom my wife came down with same symptoms. Guy at work today just tested positive (I had it last week) as did his entire family, he is only one symptomatic as his wife and small kids show no symptoms.
I know several people who have had the most recent version and most report a "bumpy" ride back. In other words, it took several days and they often felt good and then went bad for a short period of time. Two steps forward, one step back.

The one thing from this one that everyone I know that has tested positive is the light fever with some body aches. Both last less the 12 hours. Then the runny nose/cough for 36 to 48. The only person that I know had it worse was vaccinated and boosted. In bed for 4 days with body aches and dizziness.

No thoughts here on the data out of the UK clearly showing less hospitalizations and less deaths from unvaxxed when compared to vaxxed? About 3/4 of their population is vaxxed and 90% of recent covid deaths are vaxxed.

No thoughts here on the data out of the UK clearly showing less hospitalizations and less deaths from unvaxxed when compared to vaxxed? About 3/4 of their population is vaxxed and 90% of recent covid deaths are vaxxed.
everybody knows my stance on here but I would think there might be a simple explanation.

I would think that 99% of high risk people are vaxxed. Those who are unvaxxed mainly are healthy people in general that decided they did not need a vaccine. There are not a whole lot of very old or very sick people that did not get vaxxed as that vaccine is your best hope if you are high risk.

Hence, the only people dying right now of Omicron, since it is relatively less fatal/virulent are people that are very high risk. And since all high risk people are essentially vaccinated, then only the vaccinated are dying. healthy people who are vaxxed or not vaxxed are not dying from omicron.

everybody knows my stance on here but I would think there might be a simple explanation.

I would think that 99% of high risk people are vaxxed. Those who are unvaxxed mainly are healthy people in general that decided they did not need a vaccine. There are not a whole lot of very old or very sick people that did not get vaxxed as that vaccine is your best hope if you are high risk.

Hence, the only people dying right now of Omicron, since it is relatively less fatal/virulent are people that are very high risk. And since all high risk people are essentially vaccinated, then only the vaccinated are dying. healthy people who are vaxxed or not vaxxed are not dying from omicron.
That is one viable explanation. In reality, I suspect like most things that there are multiple contributing explanations for the results.

Yours is one valid contributing factor IMO.

I also think that there is much validity to the argument and studies showing vaxxed and with each successive booster weakening the the broader innate immune system.

Then there are differences in behaviors of vaxxed verses unvaxxed. Perhaps the vaxxed are at the extremes of exposures. Some vaxxed feel like it's armor and they can be cavalier about long exposures with massive numbers of people in enclosed and shared ventilation. Some vaxxed are probably in hiding except for the very rare necessary exposures and have no built up immune response from lesser exposures.

Either way, the bottom line is those that are vaxxed and multiple boosted are now experiencing a higher rate of serious covid outcomes. So the stigma and still remaining restrictions on the unvaxxed needs to end yesterday. All those who were once shaming unvaxxed at the direction of the media and politicians are the ones now experiencing worse outcomes.

That is one viable explanation. In reality, I suspect like most things that there are multiple contributing explanations for the results.

I also think that there is much validity to the argument and studies showing vaxxed and with each successive booster weakening the the broader innate immune system.

Then there are differences in behaviors of vaxxed verses unvaxxed. Perhaps the vaxxed are at the extremes of exposures. Some vaxxed feel like it's armor and they can be cavalier about long exposures with massive numbers of people in enclosed and shared ventilation. Some vaxxed are probably in hiding except for the very rare necessary exposures and have no built up immune response from lesser exposures.

Either way, the bottom line is those that are vaxxed and multiple boosted are now experiencing a higher rate of serious covid outcomes. So the stigma and still remaining restrictions on the unvaxxed needs to end yesterday. All those who were once shaming unvaxxed at the direction of the media and politicians are the ones now experiencing worse outcomes.
Both of yours basically collide with mine theory from day one. That the healthy were need to be vaccinated for one reason and one reason only. To skew the numbers to make the vaccine LOOK like it was successful. Think about it like this. Basically no one under 50 needed vaxxed. You remove them and you have a vaccine that would be pulled from the market under normal times. But since those under 50 got it and they never needed it, the vaccine efficacy seems legit.

Out of so many examples in the last two plus years since this mess started, this is the best example of how almost everything that we were told by Biden, many governors and mayors, school administrators, Fauci and their media sycophants, etc., was completely false and wrong, and most of it was intentionally false and wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I put more trust in the amateur epidemiologists on this board and elsewhere, who stated well-founded and true opinions just by reading the literature on this matter and the history and course of prior pandemics, than the so-called "experts."

People like Fauci just need to go away and disappear into the dust bin of history; it's incalculable how mush damage they have done to our society. I can't tell you how much I hate these people.

Out of so many examples in the last two plus years since this mess started, this is the best example of how almost everything that we were told by Biden, many governors, school administrators, Fauci and their media sycophants, etc., was completely false and wrong, and most of it was intentionally false and wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I put more trust in the amateur epidemiologists on this board and elsewhere, who stated well-founded and true opinions just by reading the literature on this matter and the history and course of prior pandemics, than the so-called "experts."

People like Fauci just need to go away and disappear into the dust bin of history; it's incalculable how mush damage they have done to our society.
Generally, I agree. I really get how challenging it has been as the Virus was discovered and it adapted. However, several items have really shocked me:

• how little we knew/know about viruses and how they transmit
  • how influenced our medical infrastructure is by politics and big business
  • how crappy our media is, even given people's lives are on the line. You'd think someone would finally realize there is a higher calling than clicks
  • how slowly we move due to the bureaucracy of media, govt and the medical systems are. Even when idiots like me are posting ideas on what to do six months earlier it is hard to believe they couldn't see it or react when people's lives were on the line
  • the compliance social media had, even to the point of ruining their reputations. I am talking about censoring opinions that differed (ones that we now know were correct)
  • that so much of the USA is apparently influenced by China, perhaps this is irreversible
  • that all of these so ruined any shred of credibility that they once had. It is crazy. I know of not a single person who trusts them and I'd have said that was north of 90% three years ago for the medical industry.

Generally, I agree. I really get how challenging it has been as the Virus was discovered and it adapted. However, several items have really shocked me:

• how little we knew/know about viruses and how they transmit
  • how influenced our medical infrastructure is by politics and big business
  • how crappy our media is, even given people's lives are on the line. You'd think someone would finally realize there is a higher calling than clicks
  • how slowly we move due to the bureaucracy of media, govt and the medical systems are. Even when idiots like me are posting ideas on what to do six months earlier it is hard to believe they couldn't see it or react when people's lives were on the line
  • the compliance social media had, even to the point of ruining their reputations. I am talking about censoring opinions that differed (ones that we now know were correct)
  • that so much of the USA is apparently influenced by China, perhaps this is irreversible
  • that all of these so ruined any shred of credibility that they once had. It is crazy. I know of not a single person who trusts them and I'd have said that was north of 90% three years ago for the medical industry.
I followed Alex Berenson on a daily basis when this started until he was removed by Twitter. He did an incredible job of citing and linking medical studies and basing his opinions on what was in those studies. It turned out that his opinions based on these studies were spot on, but they didn't coincide to what the "experts" were telling us, so he had to be expunged like what Stalin used to do during the pogroms.

Also, in case people are wondering why I am so passionate about this, it is because I saw how the totally unnecessary measures utilized in 2020 and most of 2021 negatively affected my niece's mental health and completely destroyed her freshman and sophomore college years.

Both of yours basically collide with mine theory from day one. That the healthy were need to be vaccinated for one reason and one reason only. To skew the numbers to make the vaccine LOOK like it was successful. Think about it like this. Basically no one under 50 needed vaxxed. You remove them and you have a vaccine that would be pulled from the market under normal times. But since those under 50 got it and they never needed it, the vaccine efficacy seems legit.
Perhaps then you may believe as I do that this push for vaccinating all the way down to toddlers is meant to remove any sizeable control group for long term impacts of vaccination? Drug companies and benefitted politicians cannot have a group largely unvaxxed that lived through covid and is significantly more healthy than the rest of the mostly vaccinated population.

For me the effectiveness of the shots is zero. They can say it's 85% or whatever number they want to pull out of their ass. It doesn't matter because I had all three of their shots like a good soldier and I got the Rona. So the shots are bullshit and I'll never take another one. I don't care if dengue fever or smallpox comes back, I'm not taking anything the government says to take and if I die, good.

There are STILL commercials on tv and radio vax...mask...test...let's put covid to rest! Are they serious with this nonsense? So the problem is people aren't still wearing masks and we should do more tests? And get shots that are horseshit? It's our money paying for these commercials as well as the useless shots. Hamburger is $8 a pound and eggs are $4.

Last edited:
My grandmother is 90 and has lived in assisted living since right before covid shut the US down. She just made it through her 2nd round of getting covid with mild symptoms both times. Pretty amazing actually, she has some Alzheimer's, has had heart arrhythmia since she was younger, and had angioplasty when she was maybe 60. But she handles covid like a champ at 90 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT