USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Interesting… I personally know of 2 people that have suddenly collapsed. They were taken by ambulance to ER and tested positive for Covid. Both collapsed at the very beginning of showing symptoms. By very beginning, I mean feeling good in the morning and few hours later collapsing. Sounds very plausible POTS could be a response to Covid. But who knows, we may never know. One thing I’ve noticed with Covid

Hospitals are receiving federal funding for every covid admission and every covid death. Depending on financial situation family can receive federal money for funeral expenses.
I have never heard of POTS, a neurocardio complication where the controls on blood vessels and blood pressure is disturbed. Sounds like a serious condition requiring immediate treatment. Rapid heart rate, dizziness, light headed upon standing. Can last for several years if untreated. Many people suffer from long Covid and this could be one reason.

87 Penn St8

Feb 11, 2009
Chester County, PA
I haven't weighed in much on this- but fwiw our suburban Philly high school- where I teach- had 365 students AB yesterday which represents 1/4th of the student body. Obviously not all Covid...but definitely significant. Staffing has been AB at about 10-15% daily since the new year. I got it the week before Christmas Break. Many of my colleagues infected their family lines on Christmas Eve. At least where I live it's real. I had almost no symptoms...unfortunately my wife is not fairing as well...she is working from home til February. Thankfully she can use the nebulizer when the coughing spasms are overboard. Hang in everybody.

psualt

Nov 2, 2014
I haven't weighed in much on this- but fwiw our suburban Philly high school- where I teach- had 365 students AB yesterday which represents 1/4th of the student body. Obviously not all Covid...but definitely significant. Staffing has been AB at about 10-15% daily since the new year. I got it the week before Christmas Break. Many of my colleagues infected their family lines on Christmas Eve. At least where I live it's real. I had almost no symptoms...unfortunately my wife is not fairing as well...she is working from home til February. Thankfully she can use the nebulizer when the coughing spasms are overboard. Hang in everybody.
Good luck to your wife. Hope it works it’s way out soon.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
US Covid Test Positivity Rate:

US-Covid-Positivity-Rate-over-Time.png

Reactions: tlbakernc

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
So general consensus is that USA should expect the peak to occur sometime this week or next. be interesting to see how fast things come back down. based on all the home tests now, really hospitalizations are the only metric left to really be able to see what is going on.

Wesauking Lion

Aug 14, 2006
I like this guy. He just talks data... no politics.... Shows what is happening in the world. Looking at data in the UK.... Omnicron is a massive spike... quick rise up and quick fall. He supports all his talk with data studies which he references.... He thinks the US is about 2 weeks away from peaking based on the data in the US and patterns in UK. He talks about masks, vaccine effectiveness....everything... It is completely worth listening to......he has no agenda.

Reactions: NC2017

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Sounds like CNN is even getting fed up with the CDC recommendations. And they wonder why people are not listening.

Cancel high school events
I was flipping through channels and saw a review of the Penn State Ohio State roundball game. So I lingered. They kind of made a big deal that they were social distancing between the coach and interviewers. Then they'd show clips of the game. The clips were showing 20,000 people packed together. Yet, nobody caught the irony of the whole thing.

Last edited:

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
I was flipping through channels and saw a review of the Penn State Ohio State roundball game. So I lingered. They kind of made a big deal that they were social distancing between the coach and interviewers. Then they'd show clips of the game. The clips were showing 20,000 people packed together. Yet, nobody caught the irony of the whole thing.
Sheeple…as someone said…and logic out the window…

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
Look at the NBA, all the players and coaches and players on the bench have cloth masks on, like that is going to do anything in a 20,000 seat arena full of people for a few hours combine with the amount of time these guys spend together in planes and locker rooms and meeting rooms, etc....problem is we need some grown-ups to take a leadership role, get rid of the psuedo science making people feel good and talk straight with people on the risks and what can be done about them, etc....

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Look at the NBA, all the players and coaches and players on the bench have cloth masks on, like that is going to do anything in a 20,000 seat arena full of people for a few hours combine with the amount of time these guys spend together in planes and locker rooms and meeting rooms, etc....problem is we need some grown-ups to take a leadership role, get rid of the psuedo science making people feel good and talk straight with people on the risks and what can be done about them, etc....
Erin Andrews interviewed a football player recently, practicing all of the standard protocols like distancing and masks for the close ups. After the interview, they cut to a wider shot while the broadcast team imparted some closing thoughts. You could see the two of them get close and hug for almost a minute; no protocols in place.

Last edited:

RGWhirly

Jul 30, 2017
Karen Andrews interviewed a football player recently, practicing all of the standard protocols like distancing and masks for the close ups. After the interview, they cut to a wider shot while the broadcast team imparted some closing thoughts. You could see the two of them get close and hug for almost a minute; no protocols in place.
It was Erin Andrews and Rodgers.

Reactions: bytir and Obliviax

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I have never heard of POTS, a neurocardio complication where the controls on blood vessels and blood pressure is disturbed. Sounds like a serious condition requiring immediate treatment. Rapid heart rate, dizziness, light headed upon standing. Can last for several years if untreated. Many people suffer from long Covid and this could be one reason.

they smoked a lot of it at Woodstock. :cool:

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
My sister is a physicians assistant in PA. Fully vaccinated with booster shot. She tested Covid positive Friday.
i think it is pretty well established now that the vaccines don't really do much of anything with respect to contracting Omicron. Probably help some in reducing the length and severity of symptoms and definitely help in keeping out of the hospital. But as for contracting it (and spreading it) appear to be limited to no benefit.

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
Karen Andrews interviewed a football player recently, practicing all of the standard protocols like distancing and masks for the close ups. After the interview, they cut to a wider shot while the broadcast team imparted some closing thoughts. You could see the two of them get close and hug for almost a minute; no protocols in place.
Erin Andrews, I believe you meant? She has done that multiple times…Pseudo- Science indeed!

Reactions: Obliviax

wilbury

Feb 19, 2005
i think it is pretty well established now that the vaccines don't really do much of anything with respect to contracting Omicron. Probably help some in reducing the length and severity of symptoms and definitely help in keeping out of the hospital. But as for contracting it (and spreading it) appear to be limited to no benefit.
A reduction in symptoms probably equals a reduction in viral load so it would help to reduce spreading.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Yep. Useless cloth masks. Look at us, we care.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
A reduction in symptoms probably equals a reduction in viral load so it would help to reduce spreading.
If that were true anyone asymptomatic couldn't spread it.

Obviously no meaningful benefit.

Non-zero, yes, but just look at the results.

Look at the huge surge in highly vaxxed England.
or how small the surge was in South Africa with low vax rates.

The unfortunate part is in the UK this has been going on in the vaxxed for months but no one would cover it and the UK government while putting the numbers out would not admit it. They had to come up with excuses like " people who are fully vaccinated may be more health conscious and therefore more likely to get tested for COVID-19 and so more likely to be identified as a case."

And now Israel is saying shot 4 does ZERO. The wheels are falling off of this really fast.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

The unfortunate part is in the UK this has been going on in the vaxxed for months but no one would cover it and the UK government while putting the numbers out would not admit it. They had to come up with excuses like " people who are fully vaccinated may be more health conscious and therefore more likely to get tested for COVID-19 and so more likely to be identified as a case."

And now Israel is saying shot 4 does ZERO. The wheels are falling off of this really fast.
Yep

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
I like the idea somebody had where the "vaccine" is not really called a vaccine anymore. It should be classified more of a theraputic that helps lighten symptoms and keep you out of the hospital. A vaccine is not what this is anymore as it doesn't provide immunity nor stop the person from getting or spreading covid. so stop calling it a vaccine when it is not anymore.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I like the idea somebody had where the "vaccine" is not really called a vaccine anymore. It should be classified more of a theraputic that helps lighten symptoms and keep you out of the hospital. A vaccine is not what this is anymore as it doesn't provide immunity nor stop the person from getting or spreading covid. so stop calling it a vaccine when it is not anymore.
Yep

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
A friend of mine who is a big gambler and fantasy football player pointed out that 12 teams with 53 players per team means 636 players were on rosters last weekend. Not a single player was suspended for COVID positive results while we are at the all-time peak of COVID infections.

Texas Lion

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2018
A friend of mine who is a big gambler and fantasy football player pointed out that 12 teams with 53 players per team means 636 players were on rosters last weekend. Not a single player was suspended for COVID positive results while we are at the all-time peak of COVID infections.
So many questions I have that will never, ever get answered. This is one of them and I brought it up during the Bama/Georgia Game.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
I would throw in that we didn't hear of any coaches out either. so more like 700+. at the same time the NBA and NHL have players out everywhere.

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003

I mean there was the article from the UK where prominent medical people are starting to say that providing 1-2 boosters per year to an entire population is neither economically or logistically feasible. Now even seeing doctors in the USA starting to speak up. The MSM cannot silence them much anymore as people can see in their everyday life that the vaccine is not stopping the spread and also recognize we cannot live in this perpetual state of fear and suspended animation. Problem now is the politicians have so much wrapped up in Covid that they do not want to let it go.

GulfCoastLion

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2002
Houston, TX
I mean there was the article from the UK where prominent medical people are starting to say that providing 1-2 boosters per year to an entire population is neither economically or logistically feasible. Now even seeing doctors in the USA starting to speak up. The MSM cannot silence them much anymore as people can see in their everyday life that the vaccine is not stopping the spread and also recognize we cannot live in this perpetual state of fear and suspended animation. Problem now is the politicians have so much wrapped up in Covid that they do not want to let it go.
$$$ Big Pharma has bought their very souls.
No turning back now. Politicians are as corrupt as it gets and only care about staying in power/office

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
To be fair, Omincron changed everything.

• Far more infectious
  • Far less lethal
  • The vaccines are far less capable of blocking it (if at all) but still seems to remediate it
Add in the cloth mask fiasco and the entire picture has changed.

BTW, starting to see a lot of people discussing the origination as a lab leak as being a foregone conclusion.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
I've asked the question before how could Biden and Fauci end this(assuming they want to)? What could they possibly say? To go a step further--what are they gaining out of it? Why is Fauci so married to vaccines and why have no other vaccines made it here yet? These people are supposed to be smarter then us, right? They should have seen this coming(especially if they looked at UK data since July). So why have they not amped up therapeutics? An even better question, why has there been no solid treatment plan? I mentioned last week I was told prednisone was bad with covid and someone else said it was recommended. We are all missing something, I'm just not sure what--I still think its mainly ego but who knows!

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
I've asked the question before how could Biden and Fauci end this(assuming they want to)? What could they possibly say? To go a step further--what are they gaining out of it? Why is Fauci so married to vaccines and why have no other vaccines made it here yet? These people are supposed to be smarter then us, right? They should have seen this coming(especially if they looked at UK data since July). So why have they not amped up therapeutics? An even better question, why has there been no solid treatment plan? I mentioned last week I was told prednisone was bad with covid and someone else said it was recommended. We are all missing something, I'm just not sure what--I still think its mainly ego but who knows!
two reasons.

1, they don't want to admit they were wrong.
2. $$$ and control and power. Looking to pass a multi trillion dollar spending plan to completely social engineer a new society. Cannot do that if declare Covid over and people should get back to everyday normal life with a few modifications for elderly and very sick.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Fauci was always a vaccine guy. That is his balliwick. During the HIV crisis he was heavily criticized for putting all the effort into vaccines instead of therapeutics. Lots of people died of AIDS because of him delaying treatments. That’s a huge problem with the medical field. They all have their biases.

Reactions: bytir and bison13

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Fauci was always a vaccine guy. That is his balliwick. During the HIV crisis he was heavily criticized for putting all the effort into vaccines instead of therapeutics. Lots of people died of AIDS because of him delaying treatments. That’s a huge problem with the medical field. They all have their biases.
they drive the "there is a pill for that" mindset in the USA. If you look at most other nations outside of the USA and Western Europe, they are much more based on avoidance than cure.

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
Also remember that Fauci (and Francis from NIH) funded the GOF research at Wuhan through an intermediary against the spirit of the law congress had passed. SO those two guys went on a smear campaign such that their life's work didn't go down in flames along with their reputation and potentially even criminally tried for what they did. That is not conjecture, that is basically fact from the emails that came out where they literally conspire to take down other scientists. And we are not talking about fringe scientists, we are talking they went after other legit very prominent medical people to shut them down.

NewEra 2014

Jan 3, 2014
My wife and I planned to go to Hawaii in February, but we cancelled the trip because Hawaii was being irrational about COVID restrictions. So now, in the face of the vax not working against Omicron, Hawaii is requiring travelers to be boosted in order to avoid quarantine and other nonsense. It looks like we made the correct decision. We will travel there if sanity ever returns.

Hawaii COVIDiocy