ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Thank you

I found a quote in an article from Moderna’s CEO. He thinks the pandemic will be over sometime next year.

There must not be enough money in it.

Thank you

I found a quote in an article from Moderna’s CEO. He thinks the pandemic will be over sometime next year.

"Be Over" is interesting. IMHO, others may disagree, we've seen three waves:
  1. A very deadly first wave due to no vax, a lack of effective treatments, lack of understanding and not protecting those who were most vulnerable. Panic ensued.
  2. A second wave where understanding and treatments became more effective. A Vax was developed giving us all a false sense of security.
  3. The Delta wave. Here, the strain is more resistant to the vax but is far less deadly. Partly because we have better treatments, we have better understanding leading to greater protections for the most vulnerable and people already infecter/vaxed seem to be less sick.
I suspect it will never "be over' but our understanding and medical advancements will make it more manageable. Moderna, at least, has announced that a yearly flu shot is in the works that will be both COVID and "regular flu" effective. This means we may just end up with a once-a-year flu shot that is all-encompassing. I suspect COVID-19 and COVID Delta+X and COVID-19 + X will be in our futures forever.

“The study estimated that CAE incidence was between 3.7 and 6.1 times higher than their 120-day COVID-19 hospitalization risk (August 21, 2021) in healthy boys aged 12–15 receiving their second mRNA dose. They estimated that the CAE incidence was 2.1–3.5 times higher in healthy boys aged 16–17.”

This isn’t even the point. I don’t really care if you jab your kids. What I do care about is that the decision will no longer be ours, no matter what the science says.
The kids issue is not my fight either, I have no kids and I'm in no position to make decisions for parents. But the first part of the article says this isn't even peered reviewed. Here's a different perspective:
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...on-after-covid-19-infection-than-vaccination/
"Researchers analysed the records of healthcare organisations that cover a fifth of the US population. They found that, during the first 12 months of the pandemic, males aged 12 to 17 were most likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching covid-19, at a rate of about 450 cases per million infections.

This compares with 67 cases of myocarditis per million males of the same age following their second dose of a Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, according to figures from the US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices."

But these numbers are SO low that it's basically statistically 0, it's hardly a talking point IMO.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
It is very discouraging that we still don't have the data to make smart decision as individuals. Anybody with half a brain would want the following data:

Hospitalizations and Deaths broken down into the following:

1. Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated
2. Broken down by Age in 10 years segments (10-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, etc..) and Co-morbidity status (no co-morbidity, one comorbidity, and 2+ co-morbidities)

If we had that simple information, then all would be known. The fact we do NOT have that information is telling me that the CDC and Politicians don't want us to know it as that is the information that we need to make informed decisions and they don't want us to make those decisions, they want to make them for us.
Unfortunately a few weeks ago when I posted this info from the UK too many people here didn't like the message. Said data was being cherry picked. That said they still aren't providing comorbidity info. However the stats still aren't changing over 80% of cases and 75% of deaths are still coming from teh vaccinated. Yes I know 80 to 90% of the poputation over 18 is vaccinated. And accroding to some people the only number that matters is cases per 100K. You hit the nail on the head though on your last thought. Bidens mandate is to force the vaccine to as many people as possible before the true stats come out. The questoin is why? Especially since we know the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting or keep you from spreading. So why would the population with no risk need or even want a vaccine.

Reactions: Ski, 1 and 91Joe95
it keeps changing. There was a set of standards published but changed. I think Delta, to be fair, moved the goalposts for everyone. At one point, the goal was to get 70% of the adult population vaxxed. First, "adult" later added young adults and teenagers so that changed the target as many young adults don't want it citing the lack of danger COVID is for that age group. Second, now I am hearing 90% and more. But with the breakthroughs, we are now staring down the barrel at a third shot, at least. So, to be fair, things have changed. It is clear that Delta is less susceptible to the vax than previous strains. I am seeing statistics that have gone from 95% effective to in the 70% range. I read, today (who knows what is true) that 60% of COVID hospitalizations are vaxxed people.

Will there be other strains? Will they be vax resistant? Deadly? Will this force more changes in public policy?

giphy.gif
In Florida a week or two ago half of all people going for monoclonal treatments were vaxxed.

The kids issue is not my fight either, I have no kids and I'm in no position to make decisions for parents. But the first part of the article says this isn't even peered reviewed. Here's a different perspective:
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...on-after-covid-19-infection-than-vaccination/
"Researchers analysed the records of healthcare organisations that cover a fifth of the US population. They found that, during the first 12 months of the pandemic, males aged 12 to 17 were most likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching covid-19, at a rate of about 450 cases per million infections.

This compares with 67 cases of myocarditis per million males of the same age following their second dose of a Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, according to figures from the US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices."

But these numbers are SO low that it's basically statistically 0, it's hardly a talking point IMO.
I don't think they know yet, TBH (from the NYT Sept 1 but you can google it and find many similar articles from the US, UK and Israel).

On the female birthing people side

NIH funds research investigating link between COVID-19 vaccine, changes in menstruation

Reactions: 91Joe95
  1. A very deadly first wave due to no vax, a lack of effective treatments, lack of understanding and not protecting those who were most vulnerable. Panic ensued.
  2. A second wave where understanding and treatments became more effective. A Vax was developed giving us all a false sense of security.
  3. The Delta wave. Here, the strain is more resistant to the vax but is far less deadly. Partly because we have better treatments, we have better understanding leading to greater protections for the most vulnerable and people already infecter/vaxed seem to be less sick.
I suspect it will never "be over' but our understanding and medical advancements will make it more manageable. Moderna, at least, has announced that a yearly flu shot is in the works that will be both COVID and "regular flu" effective. This means we may just end up with a once-a-year flu shot that is all-encompassing. I suspect COVID-19 and COVID Delta+X and COVID-19 + X will be in our futures forever.
Ok, you keep bringing up "Delta"...in the future could you please refer to Delta as:

"THE HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS DELTA VARIANT" with lots of emphasis on THE HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS.

It is very discouraging that we still don't have the data to make smart decision as individuals. Anybody with half a brain would want the following data:

Hospitalizations and Deaths broken down into the following:

1. Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated
2. Broken down by Age in 10 years segments (10-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, etc..) and Co-morbidity status (no co-morbidity, one comorbidity, and 2+ co-morbidities)

If we had that simple information, then all would be known. The fact we do NOT have that information is telling me that the CDC and Politicians don't want us to know it as that is the information that we need to make informed decisions and they don't want us to make those decisions, they want to make them for us.
As of 9/20/21, approximately 19,100 hospitalizations of vaccinated (about 2900 of these hospitalized for non-Covid reasons) and 4500 deaths of vaccinated. As of 4/30/21, approximately 1000 hospitalizations of vaccinated and 160 deaths of vaccinated. Total Covid deaths as of 9/20/21 were ~ 697,600 and as of 4/30/21 were 592,900.

Of the ~105,000 deaths in this time period, there were about 4% vaccinated and 96% unvaccinated. 23x more unvaccinated deaths than vaccinated in this time period. At most, 15% of hospitalizations would have been vaccinated as compared to unvaccinated.

COVID ain’t over till FAUCI. o_O says it is.

Last edited:
As of 9/20/21, approximately 19,100 hospitalizations of vaccinated (about 2900 of thhospitalized for non-Covid reasons) and 4500 deaths of vaccinated. As of 4/30/21, approximately 1000 hospitalizations of vaccinated and 160 deaths of vaccinated. Total Covid deaths as of 9/20/21 were ~ 697,600 and as of 4/30/21 were 592,900.

Of the ~105,000 deaths in this time period, there were about 4% vaccinated and 96% unvaccinated. 23x more unvaccinated deaths than vaccinated in this time period. At most, 15% of hospitalizations would have been vaccinated as compared to unvaccinated.
Thanks. first, do you have a source? Not doubting your numbers, but I like to see the context.

second, since 4/30/21 we've seen both the Delta variant "rage" across the world. In addition to that, we've seen the mRNA vaccinations degrade in effectiveness. Probably some combination of time and delta.

The kids issue is not my fight either, I have no kids and I'm in no position to make decisions for parents.

You don’t get how this works. I mean, you’re on the interwebs. You’re supposed to take a side, ignore alternative points of view, and get on the bully pulpit to admonish anyone who disagrees with you. Make your views of COVID your cause, your crusade. People are stupid and need to be told what to do. It isn’t for them to make their own decision, certainly not a decision that goes against what you have decided is right.

You don’t get how this works. I mean, you’re on the interwebs. You’re supposed to take a side, ignore alternative points of view, and get on the bully pulpit to admonish anyone who disagrees with you. Make your views of COVID your cause, your crusade. People are stupid and need to be told what to do. It isn’t for them to make their own decision, certainly a decision that goes against what you have decided is right.
giphy.gif

I am DJSnake69PSU! goddamit!

You don’t get how this works. I mean, you’re on the interwebs. You’re supposed to take a side, ignore alternative points of view, and get on the bully pulpit to admonish anyone who disagrees with you. Make your views of COVID your cause, your crusade. People are stupid and need to be told what to do. It isn’t for them to make their own decision, certainly not a decision that goes against what you have decided is right.
The interwebs makes me feel safe. It's my safe space. Bob, get a vaccine, a booster, wear a mask (even while driving alone), practice social distancing, curl up in the fetal position in your basement in a snuggie while avoiding contact with other people, and don't argue. Show us that you care, Bob.

As of 9/20/21, approximately 19,100 hospitalizations of vaccinated (about 2900 of these hospitalized for non-Covid reasons) and 4500 deaths of vaccinated. As of 4/30/21, approximately 1000 hospitalizations of vaccinated and 160 deaths of vaccinated. Total Covid deaths as of 9/20/21 were ~ 697,600 and as of 4/30/21 were 592,900.

which is why the data needs to be presented in the fashion that i showed before. In the end, vaccinated people are still going to die of Covid, it is not some Captain American serum that makes you superhuman. If you are 80+ years of age with multiple co-morbidities and in a nursing home, your life expectancy is less than 6 months as it is. So those people who normally died of the flu or pneumonia or a cold or their co-morbidity I suspect are just dying of Covid as we have seen the flu and most other common ailments are just around in such less numbers as Covid has taken over everything. point being, they are not really Covid deaths but natural deaths.

We need to understand the number of people (vaccinated and unvaccinated) at this point who are dying of Covid whose life expectancy is greater than 6 months as they are 'reasonably' healthy people. That will tell us the real story and the reality of where Covid as a true pandemic.

Another point of information I would really like to know is more about the long haul symptoms. We have seen anecdotal evidence of issues that last with covid mainly surrounding breathing difficulties and loss of taste/smell for extended periods of time. But we have no data that actually tells us if this is 1% of those that get Covid or 0.0001% of the people. Another very important piece of information that we know nearly nothing about.

The interwebs makes me feel safe. It's my safe space. Bob, get a vaccine, a booster, wear a mask (even while driving alone), practice social distancing, curl up in the fetal position in your basement in a snuggie while avoiding contact with other people, and don't argue.
what if your computer, or internet device, gets a virus? aren't you afraid? Do you put a mask on it?
rawImage.jpg

Unfortunately a few weeks ago when I posted this info from the UK too many people here didn't like the message. Said data was being cherry picked. That said they still aren't providing comorbidity info. However the stats still aren't changing over 80% of cases and 75% of deaths are still coming from teh vaccinated. Yes I know 80 to 90% of the poputation over 18 is vaccinated. And accroding to some people the only number that matters is cases per 100K. You hit the nail on the head though on your last thought. Bidens mandate is to force the vaccine to as many people as possible before the true stats come out. The questoin is why? Especially since we know the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting or keep you from spreading. So why would the population with no risk need or even want a vaccine.

Just for the record, that statement is not correct. And I will continue to reply back to misinformation that is posted. The vaccine is not as effective against delta as it was against the original strain, but it still does lessen the chance of spreading and going to the hospital, as well as 'getting it' depending on what your definition of 'getting it' is.

The info I've seen shows the opposite, you're more likely to get myocarditis from infection than vaccine, but also the data shows no one has died from myocarditis and it almost always recovers on it's own in a few days. This is really a non issue and IMO only made an issue by anti-vaxxers because there was a link even though basically it's a 0% issue. Let's latch onto anything we can type of mentality.

Well, who spread the myocarditis is serious message? Oh, that's right, it was the government and media.

Thank you

So basically it becomes an election year.

Reactions: bison13
This is really a non issue and IMO only made an issue by anti-vaxxers because there was a link even though basically it's a 0% issue. Let's latch onto anything we can type of mentality.
You couldn't be more wrong. Most of the people agreeing with you on this were all over the myocarditis when it was caused by covid.....when it's caused by the vaccine it is just "who cares no big deal".

Reactions: paradox1984 and Ski
Just for the record, that statement is not correct. And I will continue to reply back to misinformation that is posted. The vaccine is not as effective against delta as it was against the original strain, but it still does lessen the chance of spreading and going to the hospital, as well as 'getting it' depending on what your definition of 'getting it' is.
Not judging by the UK numbers its not incorrect. When the percentage of cases all but matchs the percentage of the population vaccinated It doesn't keep you from getting or spreading. We will never know here because we don't have the data base like they do in the UK. The misinformation is anyone telling you that you can't get or spread it without any true data in the US.

updated on 9/27 for the vaccinated on this site who still pretend to be anti vax for some unknown reason.

Not judging by the UK numbers its not incorrect. When the percentage of cases all but matchs the percentage of the population vaccinated It doesn't keep you from getting or spreading. We will never know here because we don't have the data base like they do in the UK. The misinformation is anyone telling you that you can't get or spread it without any true data in the US.

There's plenty of US data that shows that you're either cherry-picking or misrepresenting the information, especially regarding the death numbers. There have been a grand total of ~4500 deaths through Sept 21 among vaccinated people since Jan, during the same period there have been ~350,000 deaths. Even if you shifted that entire number of deaths to the last three months to account for delta, it would be 4500 vac'd deaths of ~100,000 total deaths.... still nowhere near the numbers you're suggesting.

Is the 4,500 number included in the 15,000 deaths from vaccine adverse effects? Or, is it 4,500 vaxxed that exclusively died with COVID?
You really should read the links that are provided.

"FDA requires health care providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem."

0.585M shots yesterday (nothing reported) so total up to 391.1M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.701M.

So far, 213.7 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 185.2 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Total Population with at least one dose = 64.4%; Fully vaccinated = 55.8%

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 75.3%; Fully vaccinated = 64.9%

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 77.1%; Fully vaccinated = 66.7%

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 93.5%; Fully vaccinated = 83.2%

105,633 positives reported yesterday compared to 133,670 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 111,510

Fatality was 1,836 reported yesterday compared to 2,224 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,629.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 76,251 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 75,112 compared to one week ago 84,925 DOWN 10.2%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 8,701 compared yesterday 7-day average of 8,588 compared to one week ago 10,210 DOWN 14.8%.

Daily Positives: Texas-9176, California-7901, Ohio-7283, Minnesota-6192, Pennsylvania-5429, Florida-5056, Kentucky-4535, New York-4389, Georgia-3865, Wisconsin-3635, North Carolina-3469, Tennessee-3390, Washington-3074, Virginia-2641, Illinois-2375, Indiana-2318, Colorado-1897, New Jersey-1888

So obviously very good numbers, daily positives really driving down hard now. Minnesota only state that I could see in the top 20 still on the rise. PA has plateaued along with a couple of other northern states and are not yet declining but if you base it on what other states did, I expect we will see every state on the decline by next week at this time.

September the country peaked at 167,079 cases, I suspect when the Sep 30 numbers are posted on Friday we might push real close to daily 7 day being 100,000.

Fatality curve looks like it has peaked on Sep 15th at 1,857 so the two week rule for fatality peaking after daily positive peaking appears to hold true still.

The next question is how low will the numbers get moving into October and November? Will wee see another mini spike when movement indoors occurs in most of the country in a few weeks? Last year's run up started in early October and peaked in late January. Will delta still be out there such that the residual positives remain higher than back in June when they got as low as 12,000 per day rolling average for the entire country.

0.791M shots yesterday (nothing reported) so total up to 391.9M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.706M.

So far, 214.0 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 184.3 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Total Population with at least one dose = 64.5%; Fully vaccinated = 55.5%

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 75.4%; Fully vaccinated = 65.0%

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 77.2%; Fully vaccinated = 66.8%

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 93.7%; Fully vaccinated = 83.3%

123,276 positives reported yesterday compared to 136,168 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 112,361

Fatality was 2,190 reported yesterday compared to 2,376 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,651.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 74,923 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 76,251 compared to one week ago 83,786 DOWN 10.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 8,507 compared yesterday 7-day average of 8,701 compared to one week ago 9,984 DOWN 14.8%.

Thank you

It has been over once the vaccines could mitigate but not eliminate. Pandemic is now endemic.

I thought this was funny....

that is so true - I guess the government and big tech think we are all to stupid and unqualified to have an opinion on anything - COVID has let these people get away with a crazy amount of censorship - at least we have the comfort in knowing that these experts are never wrong and science is static and never evolves or changes so no need to challenge anything.

Question.
If you are fully vaccinated, you feel fine and have no symptoms, why would you get tested for Covid?? And why would anyone care? And why would we keep reporting these positive numbers?
It's a requirement to fly back into the US for one reason. We know there is a portion of this country that doesn't care...no matter what....they don't care. I don't think there are a ton of people out there just deciding to get up and get tested daily without a reason. Maybe some who are hypochondriacs are doing this...really wouldn't be a surprise there either.

I haven't tuned into this thread for dozens and dozens of pages.

Let me just simplify it for you all and then tune back out. If you're vaccinated and you get the virus, you don't die (in the overwhelming # of cases). If you're unvaccinated and get the virus (particularly if you're an "older") person - you very well might die... a slow, agonizing, PREVENTABLE death.

Anecdotal, I know, but I personally know of two cases in recent weeks in Central PA involving 2 couples - husbands both vaccinated, and wives not. One wife is dead due to COVID. The other is in the ICU. Husbands are both fine.

Also anecdotal - I personally know hundreds of people who have been vaccinated. Not a single bad reaction, beyond maybe a sore arm.

This isn't hard to figure out. Some of ya'll are just thinking way too much.

Let me just simplify it for you all and then tune back out. If you're vaccinated and you get the virus, you don't die (in the overwhelming # of cases). If you're unvaccinated and get the virus (particularly if you're an "older") person - you very well might die... a slow, agonizing, PREVENTABLE death.

Anecdotal, I know, but I personally know of two cases in recent weeks in Central PA involving 2 couples - husbands both vaccinated, and wives not. One wife is dead due to COVID. The other is in the ICU. Husbands are both fine.

Also anecdotal - I personally know hundreds of people who have been vaccinated. Not a single bad reaction, beyond maybe a sore arm.

So you’re saying self-medicate with the horse pills from Tractor Supply Company.

o_O

So you’re saying self-medicate with the horse pills from Tractor Supply Company.

o_O

No, no, no! He is saying stop taking horse pills to treat Covid and stop taking rat poison to control your blood pressure.

Reactions: BobPSU92

But but but but people like WeR will tell you we have no idea of the long-term effects of taking the shot 5, 10, 20 yrs down the road. 🙄

ADVERTISEMENT