Steen 57kg U20 FS
Howard 57kg U20 FS
Facundo 74kg U20 FS
Haines 74kg U20 FS
Rodriguez 61kg MFS
Page 62kg WFS
Nolf 74kg MFS
Cochran 86kg U20 FS

There are some pretty good potential matchups. Howard vs Richie Figs, PSU on PSU crime with Haines and Facundo, and Nolf should smash the MFS 74kg field, which includes Gantt and Cam Amine. Jenn Page should be seeded across from Kayla Miracle and that should be the final.

Last edited:
We only have a handful of entrants.

Steen 57kg U20 FS
Howard 57kg U20 FS
Facundo 74kg U20 FS
Haines 74kg U20 FS
Rodriguez 61kg MFS
Page 62kg WFS
Nolf 74kg MFS
Cochran 86kg U20 FS

There are some pretty good potential matchups. Howard vs Richie Figs, PSU on PSU crime with Haines and Facundo, and Nolf should smash the MFS 74kg field, which includes Gantt and Cam Amine. Jenn Page should be seeded across from Kayla Miracle and that should be the final.
Plus Hall & Joseph

Steen 57kg U20 FS
Howard 57kg U20 FS
Facundo 74kg U20 FS
Haines 74kg U20 FS
Rodriguez 61kg MFS
Page 62kg WFS
Nolf 74kg MFS
Cochran 86kg U20 FS

what do you guys think of the haines-facundo match? I think i'd take haines. don't trust facundo's ability to score and haines will keep coming until he finds his way to a finish.

facundo too savvy defensively? size could be a factor too. i thought facundo looked enormous at 165 this year.

excited to see haines, facundo, and howard out there. 3 important pieces for your future. fingers crossed for an 0-6 showing haha
I'm pretty stoked to see if Steen improved.

Tough call, real tough.

I will say this, If Levi does win then I hope we run him, who knows, this might be his last year at 157, right where we need someone (not a hole though lol).

Reactions: mcpat
Hah! Time for a little horn tooting. I was still going on the mat live with the HS kids when I was 62 and holding my own. I have to admit that I have slowed down a bit since then.
I was still scrapping hard until my ACL decided it was not gonna let me toss a off season HWT last June. I was 41. Often think about giving it another go but I'm pretty sure my knee wont take it even after a full ACL and meniscus reconstruction.

Steen 57kg U20 FS
Howard 57kg U20 FS
Facundo 74kg U20 FS
Haines 74kg U20 FS
Rodriguez 61kg MFS
Page 62kg WFS
Nolf 74kg MFS
Cochran 86kg U20 FS

Spratley and Peterson may also be ones to watch at 57kg. Provo won a Fargo title and Flynn had a nice HS career.

I was still scrapping hard until my ACL decided it was not gonna let me toss a off season HWT last June. I was 41. Often think about giving it another go but I'm pretty sure my knee wont take it even after a full ACL and meniscus reconstruction.
As you age, you start doing cost benefit analysis re: seemingly innocent activities. Our office is into ultimate frisbee and pickle ball. I used to love ultimate and played tennis as a kid and for 2 years in high school so I was okay at it, but I can just envision a torn Achilles’ tendon (and the massive hassle rehabbing that would entail) and think better of it. I’m trying to find a safer activity where I can still compete in a way

*Beau Bassett, . Lilledahl, Herring all lost in the round of 16 in the Under 17 Greco Roman. Vince Bouzakis lost in the round of 32.
*Pierson Manville has breezed his way into the Quarterfinals at 65 kg.
*In the Sr. Women's freestlye the only upset so far was #2 Sage Mortimer getting pinned in her first match by Caitlyn Walker @ 50kg.
* Both Bassett 51kg and Herring 55kg won 3 straight in the Consolation rounds and have made the consolation Quarterfinals.
* Pierson Manville wins 7-2 in the Quarters and 8-0 in the Semis so he is in the 65Kg Finals vs. Adams
* Bassett loses his Consolation Quarterfinal 7-1
* Herring won his Quarterfinal Consi 9-0 but then lost his Consi Semi 9-1
* Manville lost the first match of his best of 3 finals 10-1 to Joel Adams.
*Manville drops the second match 7-6 to finish 2nd at 65kg Greco

Last edited:
I absolutely love Levi but would be shocked if he beat Facundo this weekend. A full season in the room getting beat on by CStar, Brooks, and Cunningham will have done wonders for Facundo I assume. Plus, freestyle seems to be Facundo’s best style. Haines is obviously good in freestyle as well but I actually think he’s better in folk because of his top game. End of next year once Levi has had a full season in the PSU room and all bets are off but right now I would put $ on Facundo. I really hope it happens though especially if it’s in the finals.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
apparently former UFC champ urijah faber is wrestling 70kg masters right now

edit: someone named clay guida is at 78kg as well, but his mat doesn't have video so i can't confirm if it's the UFC clay guida.

Last edited:
As you age, you start doing cost benefit analysis re: seemingly innocent activities. Our office is into ultimate frisbee and pickle ball. I used to love ultimate and played tennis as a kid and for 2 years in high school so I was okay at it, but I can just envision a torn Achilles’ tendon (and the massive hassle rehabbing that would entail) and think better of it. I’m trying to find a safer activity where I can still compete in a way

Yah, I run through a cost/benefit analysis when I drop something. A penny, I'd probably leave it. A baby, I'd probably pick up (depending on whose and how heavy the baby is).

edit: someone named clay guida is at 78kg as well, but his mat doesn't have video so i can't confirm if it's the UFC clay guida.
I know there is a younger Guida wrestling. He is either wrestling at Askren or beat one of his guys at a tournament. I remember Ben talking about him. Not certain they are father/son but they are related as per Ben.

Race Pigeons

Facundo should beat Haines at this point in their careers especially since he is better at free than folk I believe.

Anyone want to take a small wager either nlwc or wfl on a Levi vs Fac?

I'm going with fac until a more suitable nickname can be agreed upon.

Yah, I run through a cost/benefit analysis when I drop something. A penny, I'd probably leave it. A baby, I'd probably pick up (depending on whose and how heavy the baby is).
Dude - if I drop something now, especially multiple things in a short time frame, I go “uh oh, Lou Gehrig’s disease”

If I forget something, I get paranoid about Alzheimer’s

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
I know there is a younger Guida wrestling. He is either wrestling at Askren or beat one of his guys at a tournament. I remember Ben talking about him. Not certain they are father/son but they are related as per Ben.

looks like this was the older one, wrestling in masters B. went 0-2.

Reactions: danoftw

I have FLO and watched. It was indeed UFC Clay Guida. He wrestled twice....lost both but had a big smile the entire time.

Reactions: hlstone and psumacw
ADVERTISEMENT