ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer will...

osu68

Oct 19, 2007
return as the head coach at The Ohio State University football team on or before September 29. 2018.

Reactions: kijanalives
Congratulations, your sick wife-beating football above all else culture will completely expose itself for exactly what it is.

That’s before we even scratch the surface of what happened in your wrestling and diving programs. I guess as long as you embrace what you are at your core, a conscience is completely unnecessary.

Again... congratulations.

return as the head coach at The Ohio State University football team on or before September 29. 2018.

In other “Captain Obvious” style news, Pitt’s Pat Narduzzi will make himself look like a giant buffoon by throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines on or before September 29, 2018.

Reactions: nittany dave
Remotely from a psychiatric ward or along the side lines just after blowing all the male members of the investigating committee? Just curious.

BTW ... who cares?

Last edited:
Not that I care what goes on in ohio, but I did some checking and saw purple is the ribbon color of choice for DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Wear those ribbons proudly.

It would also be nice to see the team forgo the normal black on black on black w/ black and red trim, really cool (to tacky Tosu fans anyway), graphite helmet alternative uniforms for something that expresses a little more remorse, frankly. Tosu should wear these whenever they play a school from a state where their coaches have beaten women.

a4-youth-all-porthole-practice-football-jersey.jpg

Well, if he comes back, at least everyone will know what the OSU is truly all about. I hope all of the women associated with that university are happy.

The petition would indicate that many are fine with it
We'll never get "all" of any group to agree on anything

I still doubt that, I think he gets fired, but if you’re right then prepare to be told that you’re complicit for domestic violence on a regular basis.

Do you really think he gets fired? I think you're in the small minority that think that.
I don't care either way to be honest (I see both sides) but I'd be shocked if he was fired.

Do you really think he gets fired? I think you're in the small minority that think that.
I don't care either way to be honest (I see both sides) but I'd be shocked if he was fired.
College Football show on Sirius this morning did not agree with you. They were leaning he gets canned.

Shocking! Boy, no one would have seen that coming....everyone thought Ohio State would actually investigate and make sure they’re not putting wins ahead of everything else.

Reactions: Locolion
Have heard he's reached out to player families and has been pretty positive with what he believe the outcome will be. Is anyone surprised?

I do. I find it all interesting but have no dog in the fight really. I think the social justice emphasis on campuses tips the scales — the massive media backlash if they keep him is too unappealing to a major state University IMO.

College Football show on Sirius this morning did not agree with you. They were leaning he gets canned.

Out of curiosity...who was on that show?
I can't believe they brought in an ""independent group" to do anything but pave the way for his return as this will slip out of the minds of the media and public

I do. I find it all interesting but have no dog in the fight really. I think the social justice emphasis on campuses tips the scales — the massive media backlash if they keep him is too unappealing to a major state University IMO.

You may be right. Like I said, if he is fired I won't be the least bit upset. I just believe everything being done is for his return.

If he does stay, I'm very interested to see if the media actually cares. I'm torn on that right now simply because of the world we live in

I can't believe they brought in an ""independent group" to do anything but pave the way for his return as this will slip out of the minds of the media and public
Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarsour. They had a guest reporter on, who's name I don't recall, and he also leaned towards firing. Meyer will be damaged if he returns and it will hurt Ohio State's image too. I know you don't believe that, but you're wrong a lot.

Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarsour. They had a guest reporter on, who's name I don't recall, and he also leaned towards firing. Meyer will be damaged if he returns and it will hurt Ohio State's image too. I know you don't believe that, but you're wrong a lot.

I'm rarely wrong and I never said it won't hurt their image. I just don't believe they care about that. It won't hurt recruiting if that's what you're trying to imply.

This was according to Chris Carter on whatever afternoon talk show he appears on for FS1. He said he's very close with a lot of players and families and said Meyer had been reaching out to some of them. FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing will happen to Urban, he will say I should have done more, think we heard that before. I'm guessing a two game suspension, but the AD may take the fall. This is the difference between a school that supports you because you bring in lots of $$$; and one that vilifies you regardless of what you have done for the school from athletics to academics. One big thing against Urban, there are a few high powered politically savvy women on the committee.

I doubt it, but if it did happen. Beaver stadium would already be a crazy environment for this game. If Urbie the love bug does get a bogus 3 game suspension, your new qb is going to be shitting his pants. He probably will anyway, but he will strap on the Depends if this happens.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
This was according to Chris Carter on whatever afternoon talk show he appears on for FS1. He said he's very close with a lot of players and families and said Meyer had been reach out to some of them. FWIW.
Thanks....but it would be shocking if he didn't do that. First, he's got to keep the team from falling apart. So he's got to call players and recruits. Second, if he's going to make those calls, he doesn't have any choice other than to say he is innocent at this time. anything less is a tacit admission of guilt. third, it is denial 101.

Having said that, I don't know of any court in the world that says "give us 14 days and we'll give you justice". You can't put a time frame on how long it takes to get the truth.

Not to say he is going down or not going down, just my take on these calls at this time.

Exactly: how do they know the investigation will be over in 14 days (without having done the investigation), unless they are pre-scripting to a known outcome. (The ultimate ‘confirmation bias’).

Either way, could care less, tho’ I do like the idea of them keeping the guy with a low character/ integrity score.

ADVERTISEMENT