ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer to join Fox's studio team

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Urban Meyer did not rule out a return to television after announcing his retirement as Ohio State's football coach. On Monday, that move officially happened.

Fox has announced it has hired Meyer as one of the analysts for its retooled college football pregame show. Meyer will join Brady Quinn, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and Rob Stone on the one-hour show.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26230905/former-buckeye-meyer-join-fox-studio-team
No Wanstache?

He's still assistant AD? Isn't that a conflict of interest? Oh, I forgot Delany is retiring so anything goes.

I'm sure Urban will give an honest and straight broadcast on all other teams that aren't tOSU. He certainly wouldn't use this as a recruiting opportunity. ;)

Last edited:
USA TODAY’s Dan Wolken absolutely trashes Fox and Meyer in an article at USA’s sports web site. Would somebody please post that article here for The Board. (Thank you in advance.)

Urban Meyer did not rule out a return to television after announcing his retirement as Ohio State's football coach. On Monday, that move officially happened.

Fox has announced it has hired Meyer as one of the analysts for its retooled college football pregame show. Meyer will join Brady Quinn, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and Rob Stone on the one-hour show.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26230905/former-buckeye-meyer-join-fox-studio-team
This basically is the same playbook that he used after he left Florida. I remember him being an analyst on at least one of PSU's games in 2011. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the sidelines in a few years, like Mack Brown.

That is a drab lineup. I'd love to see a decent competitor to ESPN for anything but that lineup will do nothing but put people to sleep.

Glad to hear it! I don’t watch that show.

Do people still watch GameDay?

Does anyone know what type of ratings they get? (I haven’t seen any convenient place to look that up, TIA)

Based on the trends wrt “studio shows”, perhaps Fox (or anyone trying to enter that market) should just contract with the Sounders chick (the ex-golfer), and just run a 7 minute video off of her iPhone in a continuous loop :)

That seems to be the trend in “sports personality infotainment”.
Hell - that may may a nice pairing with Urby and his boy Zach Smith providing “anal-ysis”.

:)
Stop picking on Holly. She’s just a mentally damaged, surgically reconstructed slut trying to make her mark in an industry overrun with ethical giants such as Urban.

Reactions: stormingnorm
Do people still watch GameDay?

Does anyone know what type of ratings they get? (I haven’t seen any convenient place to look that up, TIA)

Based on the trends wrt “studio shows”, perhaps Fox (or anyone trying to enter that market) should just contract with the Sounders chick (the ex-golfer), and just run a 7 minute video off of her iPhone in a continuous loop :)

That seems to be the trend in “sports personality infotainment”.
Hell - that may may a nice pairing with Urby and his boy Zach Smith providing “anal-ysis”.

:)
Instead of showing these insipid pregame and halftime talking head shows with the "supporters" in the background with their signs and fat heads, which has become tired, somebody should take a risk and maybe show the bands in pregame and during halftime.

Gameday is second only to Twitter in the dumbing down of the population

Is thread still about Urban Meyer, or has another thread been taken into politics??
You are the first person who said anything about politics, the conversation was about Urban Meyer- and dumb people.

Instead of showing these insipid pregame and halftime talking head shows with the "supporters" in the background with their signs and fat heads, which has become tired, somebody should take a risk and maybe show the bands in pregame and during halftime.
I loved watching the other big 10 school bands playing at halftime,but Wisky ruined that when they surrounded the Lion and blew their horns resulting in hearing damage and getting sued plus getting shit canned from the Beav.As far as gameday,they pack the house on campus with students and get some great guests coming back for predictions.It will be hard to break that traditional niche.

I loved watching the other big 10 school bands playing at halftime,but Wisky ruined that when they surrounded the Lion and blew their horns resulting in hearing damage and getting sued plus getting shit canned from the Beav.As far as gameday,they pack the house on campus with students and get some great guests coming back for predictions.It will be hard to break that traditional niche.
I just think that it would be great if they actually showed the pregame band shows, especially from the bands that the Big 10 has, what with Script Ohio and what the Blue Band does.

I just think that it would be great if they actually showed the pregame band shows, especially from the bands that the Big 10 has, what with Script Ohio and what the Blue Band does.
So you're a band geek? No one wants to see the bands on TV. You have to know that. Unless you are a former band member or parent of current band member. Please.

This basically is the same playbook that he used after he left Florida. I remember him being an analyst on at least one of PSU's games in 2011. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the sidelines in a few years, like Mack Brown.
He used that time to peek into different CFB programs cupboards with respect to how well they were stocked with talent in order to help make his decision of where he would land his next coaching gig.

ADVERTISEMENT