ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer on Administrative Leave

From Bruce Feldman BREAKING #OhioState announces that Urban Meyer will be on administrative leave. OC Ryan Day will serve as acting head coach.

scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
  1. pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.
Is this in reference to Meyer's last decade of knowing about the daily misfortune of Courtney Smith living under constant physical threat of one of Urby's boys?

Does the pitino standard apply on the north side of the Ohio river?

The question gene smith has to answer is whether he wants to appeAr more ethically challenged than the university of Louisville.

Reactions: nittany dave
It's probably just to give them time to work out a settlement, but at least they're saying they're investigating. Contrast that with our BOT who didn't even bother to have anyone check with Joe what his side of the story was before acting.
Correct. This is another media feeding frenzy and everything may have occurred exactly the way Ms. Smith portrayed it. But, by stepping back, permitting a legitimate investigation, everyone's best interest is served.
Surma knew what he was doing with Joe. He had no interest in the truth. He's a special kind of scum bag.

Urbz every time his wife said “I was talking to Zach’s wife today”

FF4122_B6-9_FF4-4_BF3-9641-653_A78_B57_CC5.gif

Meyer's wife is a mandatory reporter, as an RN. This could get dicey. If they claim she didn't tell anybody what she knew, she can be prosecuted.
Stupid yet serious question. Who is a mandatory reporter required to report to? I doubt reporting to her husband would fulfill her obligation. At minimum, I'd assume the report would need to be made to a designated person within the university administration..

Stupid yet serious question. Who is a mandatory reporter required to report to? I doubt reporting to her husband would fulfill her obligation. At minimum, I'd assume the report would need to be made to a designated person within the university administration..

I have no idea, but I've read elsewhere tonight that she could be in a heap of trouble, potentially.

Doesn't there have to be some nexus to the mandatory reporter's job to mandate a report? Otherwise, they'd be liable anytime they came across any type of situation that required reporting, even if they weren't involved. Can't believe that's the standard.

Meyer's wife is a mandatory reporter, as an RN. This could get dicey. If they claim she didn't tell anybody what she knew, she can be prosecuted.

I’m not sure where this myth comes from. She’s only a mandated reported if the information was presented to her as she was fulfilling the duties of her professional role. If she came across it outside of performing as a nurse, then no, she’s not a mandated reporter. And I hear the media get this wrong all the time too.

Don't believe that she is required to report. According the laws in Ohio mandatory reporting is only required if you are treating the patient.

The Ohio Revised Code (ORC section 2921.22) requires that health care providers who suspect or
identify that a patient is abused must document or write that assessment in the patient’s medical
record. Patients who identify that they have been abused can use the information recorded in the
medical record at a later time for civil or criminal remedies.

Reactions: Aardvark86
I have no problem with this. Seems to me every Penn Stater should support a fair process of investigation. Now if this is just a way to keep him on while it blows over and the media moves on that's a different story. Meyer is a big fish so I doubt the press will move on. If this were nowhere U. it would eventually disappear.

Reactions: Zenophile
This seems to point that Meyer knew:

"Text messages exchanged between Courtney and other wives of Ohio State football staff members, including Shelley Meyer, the wife of Urban, show widespread knowledge of the abuse Courtney was suffering at the hands of Zach, according to McMurphy’s reporting, which also included images of a bruised Courtney.

Among the exchanges in McMurphy’s report is a Nov. 5, 2015, conversation between Courtney and Lindsey Voltolini, the wife of Brian Voltolini, OSU’s director of football operations and a longtime colleague of Meyer. The exchange makes it seem that Meyer was aware of a 2015 incident where Courtney accused Zach of domestic violence.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ohio...eyer-paid-administrative-leave-221320520.html

Reactions: junior1 and N&B4PSU
I’m not sure where this myth comes from. She’s only a mandated reported if the information was presented to her as she was fulfilling the duties of her professional role. If she came across it outside of performing as a nurse, then no, she’s not a mandated reporter. And I hear the media get this wrong all the time too.

Does the fact that she’s an employee at OSU change this at all? As far as title IX is concerned, does she need to be working in a professional capacity when she learned of this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT