ADVERTISEMENT

Urban grabbed Kevin Wilson as OC for many reasons but one is he knows how to move on our defense....

Keep in mind, we did shut down OSU's unstoppable offense in 2014 when Tom Herman was calling the plays. Granted, I agree that Kevin Wilson will present some problems - but we will present some problems for them, as well.

On another note, could you imagine the public outrage if Penn State hired Kevin Wilson as our OC and Greg Schiano as our DC? What would they say about our culture then?

Keep in mind, we did shut down OSU's unstoppable offense in 2014 when Tom Herman was calling the plays. Granted, I agree that Kevin Wilson will present some problems - but we will present some problems for them, as well.

On another note, could you imagine the public outrage if Penn State hired Kevin Wilson as our OC and Greg Schiano as our DC? What would they say about our culture then?

They would say we are ready to move to the SEC....

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Urban recruits 5 star players and coaches. He also has the best set of headphones and communication system in the business. Life is good at O$U.

Pushing players to play while hurt

Pushing players to play or practice when they have injuries doesn't help you to win. Sometimes it amazes me just how stupid coaches can be. Then Bill Walsh's observation comes to mind.

Pushing players to play or practice when they have injuries doesn't help you to win. Sometimes it amazes me just how stupid coaches can be. Then Bill Walsh's observation comes to mind.

And he's the best coach indiana has had in a while, so the situation was so bad that Indiana had to fire one of their better head coaches.

it depends on the nature and extent of the injury. Sometimes the drop off in talent from 1 to 2 is tremendous, so playing a LBer with a club on their hand is the way to go. That said, if the trainer hasn't released the kid, you really cant ask the kid to play. If, however, the trainer has released the kid, and the kid says he thinks he still cant play, you have a conversation with the kid. I don't know what happened in this case, but the only kids that should be playing are ones who were released by the trainer/MD. And if you have too many on the list, maybe you need a new trainer. Ask Dangerous Dan Martin.

They'd say we fail the eye test?

They'd say we fail the eye test?
They'd probably say we're back to our "winning at all costs" culture with two coordinators notorious for perpetuating and enabling abuse. Remember, Schiano according to Mike witnessed Sandusky doing something so awful that he fled the scene and turned "white as a ghost" when talking about it. Buckeye? No problem. Nittany Lion? Stone him!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT