ADVERTISEMENT

Updated: Where we stand with Recruits 8/6

The Detroit, Mich., King four-star corner and Nittany Lions' class of 2016 pledge was named the Chicago Nike Football Training camp defensive back MVP following the event, and was also invited to Nike's premier summer football showcase in Beaverton, Ore.

Hill was named one of the best defensive players at the event by 247Sports, which noted he had three interceptions during competition drills and ran a 4.41 second 40-yard dash and 4.10 second shuttle. Before the event, he checked in at 5-foot-10, 178 pounds according to a tweet from camp staffer Brian Stumpf.

16171f9a293b9c32d211b464b241e387e109544b5652162f17b11bc706ff4362_large

Last edited:
So Harbaugh has no problem picking up 2 star guys with crap offer sheets because they play well for 3 days at a non contact camp- but he's not convinced Hill is worthy of 'turning up the heat' because he's inconsistent? And what is the dig at Detroit kids?
It's not a dig on Detroit kids but recognizing the reality. Detroit's financial issues aren't exactly a secret and that has for a long time had a significant effect on finding the public schools athletic programs. This you get a lot of kids who have great potential who haven't come close to scratching the surface of it. Anyone who follows Detroit hs football will tell you this.

As far as the Hill and our staff...just telling you what has been reported about him going back for a long time...from multiple sources over and over. Actually, the success rate in Cass kids...4 stars...is below average. Some have become stars...more have been busts. Maybe that is why he transfered out?

The Detroit, Mich., King four-star corner and Nittany Lions' class of 2016 pledge was named the Chicago Nike Football Training camp defensive back MVP following the event, and was also invited to Nike's premier summer football showcase in Beaverton, Ore.

Hill was named one of the best defensive players at the event by 247Sports, which noted he had three interceptions during competition drills and ran a 4.41 second 40-yard dash and 4.10 second shuttle. Before the event, he checked in at 5-foot-10, 178 pounds according to a tweet from camp staffer Brian Stumpf.

16171f9a293b9c32d211b464b241e387e109544b5652162f17b11bc706ff4362_large
Yes...As I noted he sometimes shows out great...thanks for selectivly ignoring what I wrote...now can you please post reports on him while in full pads in a real game

Since you can't quote your "multiple sources", and we CAN quote young Mr. Hill himself, I am going to assume that what he tells us is more accurate than what you tell us.

"Multiple sources" generally should not include anonymous posts on Michigan web sites.

It's not a dig on Detroit kids but recognizing the reality. Detroit's financial issues aren't exactly a secret and that has for a long time had a significant effect on finding the public schools athletic programs. This you get a lot of kids who have great potential who haven't come close to scratching the surface of it. Anyone who follows Detroit hs football will tell you this.

As far as the Hill and our staff...just telling you what has been reported about him going back for a long time...from multiple sources over and over. Actually, the success rate in Cass kids...4 stars...is below average. Some have become stars...more have been busts. Maybe that is why he transfered out?
Alright man, it was nice of you to add your perspective but everything you said on Hill was put out as "well, we don't want him anyway." You win some you lose some. Things may change but as of right now it is how it is.

That should be the end of it.

I hope you don't pay a lot for your recruiting info

Watch this video of LaVert in drills at Chicago. The first minute is all him. Then come back here and tell me how he looks.

Yes...As I noted he sometimes shows out great...thanks for selectivly ignoring what I wrote...now can you please post reports on him while in full pads in a real game

You can't pretend your staff is slow playing Hill when they are picking up garbage from camps, dudes who are not in "full pads in a real game".

It has been rumored that the staff has Hansford higher than Ferns and may not be pushing Ferns to commit until Hansford makes a decision, so Ferns may not be the take that some believe he is.
I think we have a decent shot at Safety JoeJuan Willams, but he may be more of a plan B behind Hamlin and Fuller.
Pryts isn't coming here and many believe we aren't even in his top 5.

I think it's going to be Nixon, Hansford, Dioubate but I'm not sure who the last 1-2 spots are going to go, but no matter who we get, I don't see the staff settling for Plan B guys.

Ferns is a take no matter what. Literally, if it means going to 26 or 27 or 28 (not even possible but you get my point) he's a take.

Terrell Hall is not considering Penn State. He decommitted to go to Alabama. We have a better shot at Gary and the national title.

I stated that Hall was Bama's but you just never know with this staff- I don't think we have any chance whatsoever with Gary. I highly doubt we get Hall as well but it's a wildcard- that was my point.

Disagree completely on Ferns. We have limited spots left and unless we miss out on some guys I'm fairly certain we lead for, I could see Ferns being told "sorry". I used to agree with you on Ferns and Hansford but as I've read through various sources on Cam Brown, he's being given the chance to play LB at PSU. I know, most "experts" on here so he's not but I'll go with what the coaches told the kid.

I'm also not as high on Ferns as you are, he's not a "must take", imo.

Reactions: Judge Smails
I stated that Hall was Bama's but you just never know with this staff- I don't think we have any chance whatsoever with Gary. I highly doubt we get Hall as well but it's a wildcard- that was my point.

Disagree completely on Ferns. We have limited spots left and unless we miss out on some guys I'm fairly certain we lead for, I could see Ferns being told "sorry". I used to agree with you on Ferns and Hansford but as I've read through various sources on Cam Brown, he's being given the chance to play LB at PSU. I know, most "experts" on here so he's not but I'll go with what the coaches told the kid.

I'm also not as high on Ferns as you are, he's not a "must take", imo.
I said all along Brown was a OLB.

Ferns is a top 100 guy. I don't know how you tell a top 100 "sorry". You just don't do that.

What do you think about Rashaun Smith? Maryland thinks they are going to flip him from Clemson.

What do you think about Rashaun Smith? Maryland thinks they are going to flip him from Clemson.
He did decommit. Said he wants to take visits and Clemson doesn't allow their commits to take visits. IDK, but I think they'll all be to all southern schools. Again WIN GAMES and that's an off the radar guy that could bring about the possibility.
He's not going to Maryland. I expect he'll visit Bama, Auburn, LSU, and FSU in addition to Clemson. I guess if they could somehow beat out one of them for a visit, but I really doubt that. Miami will want one too.

I said all along Brown was a OLB.

Ferns is a top 100 guy. I don't know how you tell a top 100 "sorry". You just don't do that.

I'm not convinced we lead for Hansford, but he is a 4.5 flat kind of kid. Can fly. He's a guy you take regardless of numbers, imo. Pry says they want to land two linebackers a year and they are looking like they are in very good shape for 2017 LBs David Adams, Avery Roberts, Dylan Rivers and Drew Singleton. With the LBs already in the class, and what is on tap for next year, I could see the coaches holding out for a homerun in Hansford. Much like they did with WRs in this class with Tre Nixon.

Reactions: mickey_PSU
I'm not convinced we lead for Hansford, but he is a 4.5 flat kind of kid. Can fly. He's a guy you take regardless of numbers, imo. Pry says they want to land two linebackers a year and they are looking like they are in very good shape for 2017 LBs David Adams, Avery Roberts, Dylan Rivers and Drew Singleton. With the LBs already in the class, and what is on tap for next year, I could see the coaches holding out for a homerun in Hansford. Much like they did with WRs in this class with Tre Nixon.
I would replace Singleton with Anthony, who is better anyway, so it only furthers your point. I think we'll get Adams, Roberts, and Anthony.

Maybe they already know Ferns is picking WVU and this whole argument doesn't matter.

Agree, Kelly may change the calculus on LBs this class. You can take Ferns or Hudson maybe and still look to lock down '17.

Yeah, Hudson's spot may have just reopened. If I were him, I'd commit fast, if that is what he wants.

Just a guess but the problems with Kelly must have been known to the staff, that is, this was not a snap decision. Maybe Hudson was told wait two weeks and you can come to PSU. The timing of the two events seems far from coincidental. Anyway, I also urge folks to wait on information before sending off "flame" posts.

I was just going to post that- Ferns to WVU seems to be picking up steam... and on Kelly, I think that does change the dynamics. If Ferns to WVU is known to the staff and with Kelly now gone, it seems Hudson may be the logical "next man up". One thing we know for sure (or as "for sure" as we're going to be), one more ship just opened up.

Here's my "wish list", taking into consideration liklihood of coming to PSU:

1. Dioubate
2. Hansford
3. Fuller
4. Hamlin (trend seems to be toward Notre Dame)
5. Hudson (star position, hybrid LB/DB)

Then there's Nixon, Ferns (doubtful based upon the latest information), Smith (think he's staying south), Hall (very likely Bama) and the DB from Florida whose name I can never remember LOL. Another consideration are the so-called soft verbals- Hill has been a constant subject of flip talk while there's been some talk of Sanders reconsidering (but I think we keep him). It's only August, lots of time for things to shake out.

I was just going to post that- Ferns to WVU seems to be picking up steam... and on Kelly, I think that does change the dynamics. If Ferns to WVU is known to the staff and with Kelly now gone, it seems Hudson may be the logical "next man up". One thing we know for sure (or as "for sure" as we're going to be), one more ship just opened up.

Here's my "wish list", taking into consideration liklihood of coming to PSU:

1. Dioubate
2. Hansford
3. Fuller
4. Hamlin (trend seems to be toward Notre Dame)
5. Hudson (star position, hybrid LB/DB)

Then there's Nixon, Ferns (doubtful based upon the latest information), Smith (think he's staying south), Hall (very likely Bama) and the DB from Florida whose name I can never remember LOL. Another consideration are the so-called soft verbals- Hill has been a constant subject of flip talk while there's been some talk of Sanders reconsidering (but I think we keep him). It's only August, lots of time for things to shake out.
Yea, I have no idea who you mean when you say DB from Florida? Do you mean Joejuan Williams from TN?

It has been rumored that the staff has Hansford higher than Ferns and may not be pushing Ferns to commit until Hansford makes a decision, so Ferns may not be the take that some believe he is.
I think we have a decent shot at Safety JoeJuan Willams, but he may be more of a plan B behind Hamlin and Fuller.
Pryts isn't coming here and many believe we aren't even in his top 5.

I think it's going to be Nixon, Hansford, Dioubate but I'm not sure who the last 1-2 spots are going to go, but no matter who we get, I don't see the staff settling for Plan B guys.

Not only are we in Pryts top 5, but we are leading.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT