ADVERTISEMENT

up next Iowa, and a few thoughts ...

Just another PSU Fan

Jan 25, 2013
Back to the Monday morning keyboard! The fireworks on Friday night were incredible! I had a function that I had to attend, so I didn't get to watch until after 9pm! It took every bit of will power I had NOT to look at my phone! 'nuf said about that "W" in Ann Arbor!

Shifting gears to Chicagoland - I am a huge fan of "randomly" drawing a starting weight that finishes the best match of the night! 149 & 157 Neb v NW were incredible! I am ready for the 2022 Deakin / Carr match at NCAAs!

Let's take this train south to Raleigh --- VT / NC State ends up being a FFT W for NC State as VT had a number of athletes in protocol --- DAMN! Hidlay / Lewis in the NCAA finals wouldn't be shocking to me!

If I had to VOTE for B1G wrestler of the week, Cam Caffey MSU! He dismantled Bulsak on Friday night ... no Iowa dual for MSU this year, but he gets Brucki on 2/13! Could be #1 seed at B1G!

Finally time to share what's between my ears on this upcoming match! Finishing at 285 is perfect after watching Kerk this weekend, will the dual come down to the last match? How many bonus points will be scored?? Early line for me would put the over / under at 1 ... can PSU win 5 bouts? can Iowa win 5 bouts? PSU 8-2 / 7-3 seems unlikely at Carver!

My rank of most anticipated matches to watch! Here's to hoping both schools are at full strength!
174 ... yes please!
285 ... smaller Cass v bigger Kerk?
125 ... which kid is taller?
141 ... how is this #4 on my list?
197 ... how is this #5? should it be lower?
133 ... will DeSanto whirly bird an injury?
184 ... my pick for the 1 bonus point!
165 ... this should be higher than 184, after seeing Berge now that he's healthy
149 ... is this the toss up that decides the dual?
157 ... Young bores me --- but somehow finds a way to ride the ankle for 1:00 ...

DAMN! Hidlay / Lewis in the NCAA finals wouldn't be shocking to me!
giphy.gif

I am ready for the 2022 Deakin / Carr match at NCAAs!
How about 2022 Berge / Carr???
giphy.gif

Back to the Monday morning keyboard! The fireworks on Friday night were incredible! I had a function that I had to attend, so I didn't get to watch until after 9pm! It took every bit of will power I had NOT to look at my phone! 'nuf said about that "W" in Ann Arbor!

Shifting gears to Chicagoland - I am a huge fan of "randomly" drawing a starting weight that finishes the best match of the night! 149 & 157 Neb v NW were incredible! I am ready for the 2022 Deakin / Carr match at NCAAs!

Let's take this train south to Raleigh --- VT / NC State ends up being a FFT W for NC State as VT had a number of athletes in protocol --- DAMN! Hidlay / Lewis in the NCAA finals wouldn't be shocking to me!

If I had to VOTE for B1G wrestler of the week, Cam Caffey MSU! He dismantled Bulsak on Friday night ... no Iowa dual for MSU this year, but he gets Brucki on 2/13! Could be #1 seed at B1G!

Finally time to share what's between my ears on this upcoming match! Finishing at 285 is perfect after watching Kerk this weekend, will the dual come down to the last match? How many bonus points will be scored?? Early line for me would put the over / under at 1 ... can PSU win 5 bouts? can Iowa win 5 bouts? PSU 8-2 / 7-3 seems unlikely at Carver!

My rank of most anticipated matches to watch! Here's to hoping both schools are at full strength!
174 ... yes please!
285 ... smaller Cass v bigger Kerk?
125 ... which kid is taller?
141 ... how is this #4 on my list?
197 ... how is this #5? should it be lower?
133 ... will DeSanto whirly bird an injury?
184 ... my pick for the 1 bonus point!
165 ... this should be higher than 184, after seeing Berge now that he's healthy
149 ... is this the toss up that decides the dual?
157 ... Young bores me --- but somehow finds a way to ride the ankle for 1:00 ...
Hawkeyes in a landslide!

I agree on 149. If this bout doesn't come down to the last 20 seconds I'll be surprised. Hope BB deals with the atmosphere.

I’m cautiously optimistic we have a chance at 157. I was looking at Young’s record this year. 6-5 in Div 1. The losses are to good wrestlers but there’s a loss by fall and a loss by major to Humphreys in there.

So here's a good question. Which Penn state wrestler on Friday pulls off the big move. Like a Bo nickel pin or chenzo throw or late takedown to win the match I'm picking dean with a bow and arrow/turk to get the pin at 197

Reactions: Ski
So here's a good question. Which Penn state wrestler on Friday pulls off the big move. Like a Bo nickel pin or chenzo throw or late takedown to win the match I'm picking dean with a bow and arrow/turk to get the pin at 197
I’d love to see that too but I haven’t seen Dean work the B&A for a few matches now - against the better competition. I hope he can again show the dominance on top we saw earlier this season.

As for a big move? How about Beau?

Reactions: NittanyChris
I’d love to see that too but I haven’t seen Dean work the B&A for a few matches now - against the better competition. I hope he can again show the dominance on top we saw earlier this season.

As for a big move? How about Beau?
You know I was thinking maybe he can finish that move he did at Michigan If he plants murin I'm coming unglued. All of lock haven will hear me yell lol

Well, there are three comparable resullts…

PSU IOWA
Army 32-7 36-7
Maryland. 46-0 38-7
Lehigh 23-16 36-7

Total: PSU: 101-23 vs. IOWA 110-21

Last edited:
@ Ohio State in 2019, it looked like the matches would be split 5-5 and it could come down to bonus
(OSU was favored at 125, 133, 141, 149, 184) Ohio State probably got starry eyed about Moore MAYBE being able to upset Bo. Obviously, we know how that played out, we pulled the upset at 133, 141 and if anything Verk got kind of jobbed against Micah at the end. Bo ended upset talks in the first 1:30.

@ Iowa in 2020, it looked like Iowa would have a good shot to run us out of Carver. We were favored at 2 weights (141 and 174) Carver didn't feel like the place for RBY or Cenzo to beat their counterparts they were 0-2 against for the first time. It took Mark getting overly amped up for them to pull the upset.

Michigan last week, we didn't lose a single toss up match.

It's funny because we look like we could regularly lose to schools like Lehigh, Penn, Cornell at points in the season. Hell, we did lose to Arizona State (yes I know we had people out)

But there are a few duals Cael knows are very important and our guys will be ready for tomorrow then obviously, even more ready for March.

Reactions: nitlion6
WTF!

D4 - are you related to Nostradamus?

Z

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT