ADVERTISEMENT

unsportsmanlike

Thorpe had a reputation in high school of being ultra aggressive, even after the whistle. He took a lot of 15-yard penalties in high school too. I would imagine we’ll see another before his career is over. One of those guys that you take the bad with the good.

If he's going to go all Richie Incognito on us I can do without him.
If he can get his emotions under control he'll be a good one.

MSU o line could have been called for holding on every snap. That being said their o line #64 should have been flagged at least three times for cheap shots / late hits. Refs came and talked to him twice but didn’t gifted him a clean pass.

I saw them talking to him twice and thought ok you told him once throw the flag.

There is a big difference between missing a call, like a hidden fumble just before going down, and a phantom call. The grab by Windsor was so benign, and so rarely called even when it's meaningful to the play, that I place it in the phantom category.

When taken in context with other things that happened during the game (especially blatant non-called MSU OL holds, on big plays no less), and (allegedly) where these officials reside, in my mind it confirms corruption.

The long term effect is that it will have our players afraid to be aggressive. That's how we'll get pacified in this league.

There is a big difference between missing a call, like a hidden fumble just before going down, and a phantom call. The grab by Windsor was so benign, and so rarely called even when it's meaningful to the play, that I place it in the phantom category.

When taken in context with other things that happened during the game (especially blatant non-called MSU OL holds, on big plays no less), and (allegedly) where these officials reside, in my mind it confirms corruption.

The long term effect is that it will have our players afraid to be aggressive. That's how we'll get pacified in this league.
Lol...Windsor held him. But if it’ll help you sleep better at night to claim it’s corruption, go for it.

There was one long range replay into the end zone - looked like C J retaliated, but that is who gets caught. Amazed there wasn’t multiple views shown, but that wasn’t the narrative.
That was my take too. It looked like either a late shove or refusal to get up after the play by the MSU player and CJ retaliated with a shove. As is usually the case, the retaliation is what got called. It's not always right, but that's usually what happens and we have to be more disciplined than that.

That was my take too. It looked like either a late shove or refusal to get up after the play by the MSU player and CJ retaliated with a shove. As is usually the case, the retaliation is what got called. It's not always right, but that's usually what happens and we have to be more disciplined than that.
I thought I saw a "gesture" (think "we were communicating" in Top Gun)....

I thought I saw a "gesture" (think "we were communicating" in Top Gun)....
The replays weren't great, I thought I saw a shove to the helmet of the MSU player but given the replay quality what I saw was hardly conclusive. But anything that can be construed as such in that situation is just dumb, undisciplined football. You can't give the refs the opportunity to make that call in that situation.

BTW, congrats on keeping the Crew in town. The end result seems to have worked out for both Austin and Columbus.

Yeah, that seemed like complete BS. If it was backwards then it doesn’t matter whether it was completed or not. They never showed an angle on TV that indicated clearly whether it was forward or back, but it sure seemed like it went out of bounds behind where it was throw.
I don't know what they showed on TV, but at the game, they showed the replay many times and it definately was backwayds, by at least 5 yards. A backwards pass is a lateral and therefore should have been rulled a fumble.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I did see 69 take a swipe at the MSU player. Others stated he kicked him too, but didn't see that personally.

he punched him square in the ****ing facemask and should have been ejected ... utter ****ing bullshit scumbag shit it was highlighted on our local news last night

This crew should be investigated and never do a PSU game again
Because they called a hold when a PSU player held? Or because they correctly called the incomplete pass? Or because they threw a flag when a PSU player punched someone?

Or all of the above?

Because they called a hold when a PSU player held? Or because they correctly called the incomplete pass? Or because they threw a flag when a PSU player punched someone?

Or all of the above?
Yeah your right MSU played a flawless game no holding, cheap shots, and PSU just happened to make critical mistakes on 3rd down. Please tell what Robert Windsor did on the holding play that took all of 3 seconds .

Last edited:
Yeah your right MSU played a flawless game no holding, cheap shots, and PSU just happened to make critical mistakes on 3rd down. Please tell what Robert Windsor did on the holding play that took all of 3 seconds .

He grabbed his jersey (but that doesn’t align with the “grand conspiracy” of that officiating crew)...

Yeah, that seemed like complete BS. If it was backwards then it doesn’t matter whether it was completed or not. They never showed an angle on TV that indicated clearly whether it was forward or back, but it sure seemed like it went out of bounds behind where it was throw.
It absolutely went backwards; at least 2 yards. I was in the stands and it was on our side of the field. Also, the replay on the Jumbotron showed it very clearly.

He grabbed his jersey (but that doesn’t align with the “grand conspiracy” of that officiating crew)...

That "hold" in your photo looks like it could not have done much given Windsor's relative position. You are not stopping a 300+ LB B1G 10 OL with that kind of grip. Or else the OL took a dive.

That "hold" in your photo looks like it could not have done much given Windsor's relative position. You are not stopping a 300+ LB B1G 10 OL with that kind of grip. Or else the OL took a dive.
Note that it began as they were engaged, but Windsor didn’t let go after the disengaged.

But, It doesn’t matter what it “did”. It stretched out the jersey enough, and right in front of the umpire unfortunately. Sure, there are plenty of holds every game that are missed, but this one happened in a spot where the umpire had a clear view of it. Sucks, but doesn’t make it a conspiracy against us.

I don't know what they showed on TV, but at the game, they showed the replay many times and it definately was backwayds, by at least 5 yards. A backwards pass is a lateral and therefore should have been rulled a fumble.

It absolutely went backwards; at least 2 yards. I was in the stands and it was on our side of the field. Also, the replay on the Jumbotron showed it very clearly.

2 yards .... 5 yards ...
I'd estimate is was between 0.5 and 1.5 yards
Definitely no where near 5 yards

ADVERTISEMENT