ADVERTISEMENT

Unpopular opinion: Michigan is going to the CFP

PSUFBFAN

May 29, 2001
They are going to win the Big Ten and finish 12-1 and will be selected for the CFP. It is all falling in place for them - a suffocating defense, a much improved offense, and a fg kicker that puts them in scoring position every time they cross the 40 yard line.

They are going to win the Big Ten and finish 12-1 and will be selected for the CFP. It is all falling in place for them - a suffocating defense, a much improved offense, and a fg kicker that puts them in scoring position every time they cross the 40 yard line.
If they beat OSU then sure.

Reactions: JJTopp99

I agree with you. I’ve been saying it for a couple of weeks now. They look like the best team in the conference to me.

I think a strong argument can be made that Michigan is better than OSU right now. They’re going to have a legit shot to beat OSU @ the Shoe.

Why because they beat an incredibly overrated Wisconsin team that has an awful QB? Does is really even matter? I watch a lot of college football and this year it looks like it's Bama and the rest are just playing to see who they put a beat down on in the championship game. Everyone is overrated this year minus Bama. It sucks, but it's the truth. I hope I'm wrong, but barring injuries they are winning it going away this year.

The elements are there for UM to make the CFP. They'd have to win 6 straight to close out the season. Possible, not probable.

I said in the off-season or near the end of last year that Michigan was going to be greatly improved this year because of the sheer number of players that are back and I pretty much got laughed off the board. I think Harbaugh is a weird jackass but I think your assessment is absolutely correct. There defensevis at another level right now and there offense while still not great is improved and physical. People’s Jones is an emerging star and they will get Black back from injury. Idiot kicker but he is good.

Did everyone miss last week when they were trailing into the second half against Northwestern......Wisky is not even good as they have NO OFFENSE.

We'll see how good Michigan is in the coming weeks, but I am not sold at this point.

Did everyone miss last week when they were trailing into the second half against Northwestern......Wisky is not even good as they have NO OFFENSE.

We'll see how good Michigan is in the coming weeks, but I am not sold at this point.
The Wisconsin QB is mediocre and their WRs are meh. Their D is slow-footed.

Reactions: step.eng69
Michigan will not be in the playoff. They will not beat Ohio St. they might even lose another game before that. And Big Ten is not getting two teams in. So there you go.

Whisky have 5 missing starters last night, and they aren’t as good as they have been the past few years.

First I think Michigan is one of the luckiest teams....but sometimes being lucky is better than being good. With that said, they are due to beat Ohio State so maybe it is this year.

Michigan looks great against certain QBtypes. They will not fare as well with Trace again

I admit UM is better than I thought they would be and they are getting better every week. That said, there is a very big gap between UM talent and OSU talent. That game is in Columbus and barring a huge upset OSU will be playing to keep their NC hopes alive, IMO they will beat UM fairly easily. Michigan's weakness is if they allow 30 points they have no chance to win, and OSU will put up 30 at home. IIRC, in their W last night they only threw for around 120 yards. Further, NW showed that a solid team can play UM to the wire and a play here or there and they win/UM loses. I expect Mich will lose to someone else on their schedule in addition to OSU. But that said, yes, they are very good.

Why because they beat an incredibly overrated Wisconsin team that has an awful QB? Does is really even matter? I watch a lot of college football and this year it looks like it's Bama and the rest are just playing to see who they put a beat down on in the championship game. Everyone is overrated this year minus Bama. It sucks, but it's the truth. I hope I'm wrong, but barring injuries they are winning it going away this year.

The nation should just stop playing CFB and simply award Bama the NC every year. At least until Satan retires. I mean what's the point? A Conference Championship? B1G's Jim Defamey bastardized and greatly belittled that accomplishment when PSU won it but pushed for Urban Liar's team to go to the CFB playoff.

I'm the biggest Michigan fan around and am obviously happy with the way things are progressing this year, BUT, to say they're going 12-1 and playoff bound is way, way too early. Still some key games left.

PSU has the type of offense that gives our defense fits. Not looking forward to facing Trace. Not sure about your defense against our offense.

MSU - I just want to beat the $hit out of them and their a-hole coach. Hate him far worse then any coach through America. We need to knock that smile right off his face

And then there's OSU. Yes, I know they're not playing up to their potential but If they ever figure it out, they can beat anyone with their boatload of talent. Just don't think their coaches are earning their pay ay this point. Plus, it's at the Horseshoe this year which has been a nightmare in years past.

My point: there's a ton of football to be played and anything can happen in today's CF

Reactions: KFM74 and JJTopp99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT