ADVERTISEMENT

Undeserved MNCs.

so now they are ranking undeserved mythical titles?
anything for clicks, I guess

Someone has to consider a title real before it can be considered undeserved. No one that doesn't live in Oakland consider them real. I personally have over 100 national titles that are as real as Pitt's.
Good point.

The writer overlooked 1994 Nebraska. Certainly did not deserve the title that year.

That MNC that Georgia Tech won (split) as I recall was bullshit. It was awhile ago however.

so now they are ranking undeserved mythical titles?
anything for clicks, I guess

No doubt, since none of them are won on the field via a legitimate playoff sanctioned by the NCAA like all other awarded "NCAA Championships", it is rather silly to debate this topic especially when they're are multiple teams with the same final record - i.e., they are all "deserving" teams at a shot at a title, but none of them are true "National Champions" since no such actual NCAA Playoff exists like they do in virtually every other NCAA Sanctioned sport at every single NCAA level.

The notion that any of these teams is more deserving than the other based on "opinion polls", rather than an actual on-field playoff, is comical. Clemson again proved this last year.....under the "traditional bowl" system, Clemson and Bama wouldn't have even played each other and likely would have both won their Conference-Affiliated bowl game resulting in Bama being coronated the "MNC". But we still don't know if Clemson was truly the absolute best team in the nation as 2 of the 5 "Bc$ Conference" Champions were left out of the "Bc$ 4-Team Invitational Tournament", let alone all 6 of the "non-Bc$" Conference Champions being left out (IOW, 8 of the 11 FBS Conference Champions were left out of the "Bc$ Conference" controlled, falsely named, "playoff", which is actually a "4-Team Invitational Tournament", while a the "Bc$ Controlled" system admitted an FBS Team that didn't even win its own Conference's Regular-Season Division, let alone a "Conference Championship" -- didn't even qualify for their Conference's Post-Season "1-Game Playoff Championship between Reg-Season Division Champions"!!!).

Long-&-Short of it is that we absolutely know that Clemson-Bama utterly invalidates the old "MNC Traditional Conference-Affiliated Bowl System" of awarding MNC's via biased, opinion-based polls, but we still don't know if Clemson really was the most "deserving" FBS Conference Champion determined on the field of play! (again, only 3 of 11 FBS Conference Champions, and only 3 of 5 "Bc$ Conference" Champions, were even given a shot at the title in the "Bc$ 4-Team Invitational Tournament", while a completely UNDESERVING FBS team that was an "also ran" in its own conference was INEXPLICABLY given a shot at the title in the "Bc$ 4-Team Invitational Tournament" fraudulently labeled a "playoff" by the "Bc$ Conference" controllers of the bull$hit structure!

ADVERTISEMENT