ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated cover song...

Ike and Martin, a duo from the Lake Tahoe area, do a great Baba O'Riley. Ike's from England and Martin is from Mississippi.

Cheap Trick does the unthinkable. They do an album live in it's entirety. BUT... not their own album - The Beatles "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band". An album that the Beatles themselves never attempted live. You judge the results on this difficult Beatles masterpiece.

Thank you that was worth the full 50 minutes of listening, a hidden gem.

From the PNW, I wish I could find a better recording of this, but the Helio Sequence version of Tomorrow Never Knows is Fan*^(kinstic!

Keeping it local for a moment. Noah Figlin with Unbanned perfoming a Beatles medley ("Tomorrow Never Knows", "Because", "Eleanor Rigby", and "A Day In The Life") at the Strawberry Fields benefit concert at the State Theatre two years ago.

Being born and raised in Doylestown have to nominate our very own ...

CB grad myself (back when there was just one). Pink's Central Bucks roots has always gotten me to favor her over Christina Aguilera simply because Christina went to hated Western PA football rival North Allegheny.

Reactions: bwifan
Just came across this guy. He's got dozens of acoustic cover uploads and all of them are great!

This is one of the best songs ever recorded. Written and originally performed by John Prine, Bonnie Raitt still sings this during her concerts and is probably best known for her cover. She also recorded it with John Prine who I believe wrote it for her. I got to hear Bonnie Raitt sing it live in concert last summer in Philly and have tickets to see John Prine perform in April of next year. Here is the Bonnie Raitt version.

Or this more recent version.

Last edited:
This is one of the best songs ever recorded. Written and originally performed by John Prine, Bonnie Raitt still sings this during her concerts and is probably best known for her cover. She also recorded it with John Prine who I believe wrote it for her. I got to hear Bonnie Raitt sing it live in concert last summer in Philly and have tickets to see John Prine perform in April of next year. Here is the Bonnie Raitt version.

Or this more recent version.

Keeping it local once again - the Pure Cane Sugar version

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT