ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated cover song...

Not sure this is a cover song as Spencer Davis wrote the song,but used the Jordan brothers arrangement tomake it a hit but.....
The Jordan Brothers were great. They should have gotten more national recognition. Used to go to see them nearly every weekend at Lakeside Ballroom. Great fun a long time ago.

Not a fan of country music, but Dwight Yoakum's cover of Elvis Presley's Suspicious Minds live from the Filmore is hard to beat.

Reactions: DeacsnNits
Most of you are probably going to say "WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!?" But trust me, give this a view. It might not be the BEST cover song ever, but it just might be one of the most interesting ones you'll ever hear.

I will tell you that pretty much every cover song on Umphrey's McGee's mashup album Zonkey is awesome. In this case, I give you "Frankie Zombie".

Fast forward to 50 seconds for the start of the song.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenerHallTerror
If you haven't seen or heard Tom Jones do this song - i suggest you do so and discover how it should be done... you'd roll your eyes at the Black Crowes overated amateur-hour version

the Grateful Dead just ripped the lid off this song. Jerry just seems determined to take this ship out of orbit and into the sun:

I'll take Built To Spill covering Neil Young's Cortez The Killer all day every day.
Love it.

I also like Dave Mathews with Warren Haynes in Central Park playing Cortez the Killer my favorite Neil song...... Warren kills the solo......at one point Dave turns to Carter Beufort the DMB drummer and you can read his lips where he just says Wow!!

Dixie Chicks -- Landslide, Stevie Nicks

Natalie Maines, I really enjoy her vocals.

Dixie Chick Emily Robison's (left, above) father-in-law is former PSU wrestler Marty Strayer. I have seen Emily at a couple of Penn State wrestling matches with her husband Martin Strayer (I don't think many people at the match knew who she was)..

Chris Cornell covers Sinead O'Connor covering Prince.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was first sung by a band call "The Family" which was a band that prince created. In the same genre as Sheila E.

They had 1 album and I have never seen the album that I have never seen in iTunes.

Listening to Eddie Trunk I just learned The Green Manilishi(with the two pronged crown) was originally a Fleetwood Mac song, I only knew the version by Judas Priest, I'm sure many of you metal heads heard this version, so I'll post the original.

Pearl Jam could probably play a 3 hour show of just covers. They've covered The Doors, The Who, Elvis, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, The Beatles, and many more. One of my favorites was a cover of Bob Dylan's Master of War

New Order's True Faith covered by Anberlin. As a child of the 80's, I thought they did a great job with this cover while adding their own touch!

Last edited:
Last edited:

The best part of that video is her husband Marty wearing his Penn State Wrestling tee shirt.

Courtyard-Hounds-Amelia-PSU-wrestling.jpg

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
I just got Jerry Garcia Band Live, Volume 8

this cover of Clapton is just amazing, David Kemper's drum riffs are just sublime:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT