ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated cover song...

probably the greatest cover of all time:

Have you ever heard the original? I haven't. It was written by a woman named Anne Bredon, while she was an undergrad at Berkeley in the 50s. Zep was aware of Joan Baez' version (she did not know the source and listed it as Traditional), not the original and did not credit it to Anne Bredon until 1991. Zep's arrangement is brilliant. Here is an early version (1964) by the folk singer Barbara Muller:

Last edited:
Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Two come mind can't link but
Aaron lewis' cover of pj's black and
Of all bands, hootie and the blowfish cover of zepplin's hey hey what can I do

Not sure this is a cover song as Spencer Davis wrote the song,but used the Jordan brothers arrangement tomake it a hit but.....
Not sure this is a cover song as Spencer Davis wrote the song,but used the Jordan brothers arrangement tomake it a hit but.....

These guys were bring in the shekels from the mid 50s to mid 80's in Schuylkill County and surrounding counties playing at local dance venues (today the money is in concerts) o weekends.

Love this cover of Marley's "Redemption Song". Irks me that it's from one of those TV song competitions, but what the heck.

I don't remember who covered whom, but Proud Mary by Tina Turner and by Credence Clearwater Revival are pretty damn good.

Nice contributions ITT. I humbly submit the greatest cover ever IMO. Simply amazing.

Yep, I'm subscribed to Mike Masse, amazing musician. His Radiohead and Grateful Dead covers are my favorites. Super talented guy who regularly outperforms the big name artists.

Any other Playing for Change fans in the house?

Last edited:
And then you follow Little Feat to Robert Palmer with his cover/original/cover with 'Sailin Shoes/Hey Julia/Sneakin Sally Through the Alley.'

(Sneakin Sally Through the Alley is Allen Toussaint again!)

Last edited:
Reactions: LafayetteBear
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT