ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Charolette football game this week cancelled....

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
so what? why does that matter. Well Marshall was to play Appy State this week. Appy State played Charolette last week, so they are testing like hell. Why is this so important. Well the Marshall vs Appy State game was to be at 130 pm on CBS sports, but got bumped to 330 pm on CBS because the game CBS was to have was cancelled due to Covid19. So if MU vs Appy isn't played, CBS will have reruns of NCIS or maybe Minersville vs Panther Valley or something. getting down to the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

so what? why does that matter. Well Marshall was to play Appy State this week. Appy State played Charolette last week, so they are testing like hell. Why is this so important. Well the Marshall vs Appy State game was to be at 130 pm on CBS sports, but got bumped to 330 pm on CBS because the game CBS was to have was cancelled due to Covid19. So if MU vs Appy isn't played, CBS will have reruns of NCIS or maybe Minersville vs Panther Valley or something. getting down to the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

I saw UVA/VT has been rescheduled for Dec. 12th.

Reactions: NedFromYork
While I don't think they'll be able to schedule anything this quickly one thing that this season has shown me is that there is no need to schedule out of conference games 10 years in advance. BYU and other teams were able to come up with complete schedules in 2 weeks so I think the NCAA should say that there are nothing more then 2 year contracts and you don't schedule more than 4 years in advance. It would definitely make for some interesting out of conference matchups instead of thinking that some teams going to be good 10 years from now

I saw UVA/VT has been rescheduled for Dec. 12th.

Imagine that. A bye week came in handy for VT and UVA. Who would have thought they’d be so important this year? 🙄

The Big Ten office is nothing short of a disaster. Kevin Warren has to go after this mess.

Reactions: Bertway0 and Ski
FWIW, I just read the VT COVID DASHBOARD this afternoon. VT has run 1132 tests Campus wide this week and 187 came back positive. That’s a 16.5% positivity rate. I don’t think that’s a good stat. With numbers like that it makes you question why they are even attempting to play this year. Punt it for Chris sakes!

Shows exactly why they should be playing as clearly playing is a non issue.
Kids are getting infected regardless.

LdN

Go Battlin’ Miners!!!!!

Reactions: sluggo72
While I don't think they'll be able to schedule anything this quickly one thing that this season has shown me is that there is no need to schedule out of conference games 10 years in advance. BYU and other teams were able to come up with complete schedules in 2 weeks so I think the NCAA should say that there are nothing more then 2 year contracts and you don't schedule more than 4 years in advance. It would definitely make for some interesting out of conference matchups instead of thinking that some teams going to be good 10 years from now

Can you think of any reason why a lot of teams may have haD available dates this year? Anything come to mind?
And by the way, did you see their schedule? If they go undefeated I would love to see them in the playoff discussion. That is assuming that they can get back on the field this year.

Imagine that. A bye week came in handy for VT and UVA. Who would have thought they’d be so important this year? 🙄

The Big Ten office is nothing short of a disaster. Kevin Warren has to go after this mess.
Good thing they had two bye weeks, since they cancelled two games so far. Maybe they should just have a season of bye weeks and no games to make sure they always have a free week to reschedule any games they have to miss.

Can you think of any reason why a lot of teams may have haD available dates this year? Anything come to mind?
And by the way, did you see their schedule? If they go undefeated I would love to see them in the playoff discussion. That is assuming that they can get back on the field this year.
Well dumbass you don't think that if you stop scheduling games 10 years down the road that all the teams will also have non-conference openings every other year?

Go Battlin’ Miners!!!!!
@sluggo72 @lionville no joke, the battlin miners had to shut down practice a few weeks back due to some positive cases so they did not play last week and open their season this Sunday. Why Sunday? Because they needed to get required number of practices in before they could play. So, cbs can’t even broadcast their game. Lol

Reactions: sluggo72
FWIW, I just read the VT COVID DASHBOARD this afternoon. VT has run 1132 tests Campus wide this week and 187 came back positive. That’s a 16.5% positivity rate. I don’t think that’s a good stat. With numbers like that it makes you question why they are even attempting to play this year. Punt it for Chris sakes!
How many of these kids are actually sick? How many were hospitalized? I don't know the answers to these questions, but I highly suspect the answers to them are few, and none.

Im sorry. Did that hurt your feelings? I thought it was funny.

You seem to always know everything about everything...amazing? Maybe if you weren't such a board "know it all" people would be nicer to you.

On the other hand you seem to know nothing about anything. Amazing too!

LdN

Yep, play no matter what. No one is getting sick.......Football forever
Just curious. Are you in favor of shutting down the campuses? None of these outbreaks are football related. Va Tech hasn't even played. If you are in favor of shutting down campuses I understand, but shutting down football while keeping campus open seems backwards.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Damn right! They are young- they have a lifetime to get over all the unknown effects- Play now- I'm bored on Saturdays!

Another completely emotional and irrational argument.
Please demonstrate how playing makes them more susceptible.
Show me how letting them play (it is their choice) hurts them beyond the ACTUAL risks of playing football.

Put numbers behind your emotion.

And once this is done let me know why these make-believe "unknown effects" would be any different playing vs. not playing.

LdN

Reactions: psu2016
I thought this statement from the article was interesting and certainly provides perspective on the actual student athlete impact...

“Charlotte has administered 3,150 tests for student-athletes, coaches and staff since June 10 and reported a total of 20 cases.”

Reactions: Ski
Well dumbass you don't think that if you stop scheduling games 10 years down the road that all the teams will also have non-conference openings every other year?

Good point. Maybe they should just schedule week to week so everyone is available the next week. That would really help with all the cancellations too.

ADVERTISEMENT