ADVERTISEMENT

UNC falling apart. Must feel guilty about all the cheating that has been

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
documented at UNC....

I don't root for ND. That is unless they are playing a team from a university or program that has been cheating unabated for years....

yep, don't usually root for ND, but glad they beat UNC ***

nm

I don't know. But if he did, at least he paid the price.

Didn't the whole UNC athletic program take made up courses so they could act like they were actually going to college?

There a many things about ND athletics that I do not respect but at least they generally recruit kids that can work on a degree from ND and when they don't they don't play. QB recently sat out a year as well.

Hard to cheer for ND but they wanted it more. Basically an away game after attending all of those classes.

Re: UNC wouldn't know the first thing about Success With Honor - Always

Dean Smith would

Nittlion bringing it. Nice work.

Didn't the UNC cheating scandal start in the last few years of Dean Smith's tenure? ;).

psu00, Dean Smith had no knowledge of the shenanigan's sir.

He has been exonerated of any and all wrong doing.

This is true.

Dear Greg, come on over so I can rub some Preparation H on you lips & forehead sir.

A potty-mouth like that must be painful.

OUCH!

Tough to take a sip of any liquid I presume.

Glov, I have no idea what Smith did or didn't know. I honestly haven't kept up on the scandal as much as the NC people here have. I do wonder how they could have exonerated Smith though. He had dementia and was not able to accurately discuss the situation when it first became public. You'll understand after the UNC investigations (? led by a former NC governor?) said there was nothing to see.....(until the Raleigh News and Observer found all the stuff that the UNC investigation couldnt find).......that I don't have the highest degree of confidence in any UNC controlled investigation. ;). Honestly, I have no idea what he knew but how did they clear him? I'm just curious.

I am no UNC fan or anything, not even close but trying to even hint that maybe he was a part of or behind something like this isn't fair given the evidence and is probably what we'd have all wished for Joe who was brutalized basically on what to this point amounts to nothing.

It's actually what Pitt poster on the lair do. Along with their unhealthy obsession of misrepresenting facts they also have an unhealthy obsession with the words "PED" and "little boys". It's creepy.

Seriously, it's potty-mouthed to defend an athletic program that has been a

Long time NCAA rules violator on this board.

Why would anyone here root for an underachieving team representing a shamed athletic program that mostly plays their conference tournament in front of a home crowd???

This post was edited on 3/15 9:10 AM by CappyToCJF

I doubt they felt guilty. All the credit goes to nd. The Irish easily could have been distracted by Monday's classes, upcoming exams, etc., yet they were able to stay focused and get it done on the court. For unc, all they have is the court, yet they still faltered.

Re: Do you really want to compare Dean Smith to JVP?

They both did great things in their own ways for college athletics and the athletes they coached. Neither was perfect and no man is. You don't have to knock everyone else down to build Joe up.

Yes, he was cleared of any wrongdoing and he also had no knowledge of it.

That's why this is such a crime to destroy or taint all that he helped build.

He, like Joe, took social causes to the for front when it came to minorities in sports and how they were treated. And also not just in sports in general but across the board in society.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Yo Glov...not only do your Heels lose....but ND does them in....you ok today? Musta been a tough nite for ya, hope the Jameson made it pass smoothly.

Originally posted by TheGLOV:

Yes, he was cleared of any wrongdoing and he also had no knowledge of it.

That's why this is such a crime to destroy or taint all that he helped build.

He, like Joe, took social causes to the for front when it came to minorities in sports and how they were treated. And also not just in sports in general but across the board in society.

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Not saying anything about Dean Smith one way or the other, but this doesn't really address psu00's question.

Dean Smith was able to walk away at right time. Very hard, but he did it.*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT