ADVERTISEMENT

UNC dominating the Duke even in the NBA article.

Let me save everyone some time and summarize the main point of this article: Duke has 23 players in the NBA. UNC has 14.

Go Duke.

Let me save everyone some time and summarize the main point of this article: Duke has 23 players in the NBA. UNC has 14.

Go Duke.

Ah, 22 bench-warmers and one GAY JJ player.

hVDxQ9DntY4qKmF_eKg9kOcPuH9x1GXRFPrN6yjrEVk.png

:);););):)

Damn, with all those great players it seems like unc has underachieved.
For example, if I were Duke, I would celebrate that Blue Devil alums have won seven NBA championships. Actually, I probably wouldn’t because I would realize that Michael Jordan won six by himself and that Tar Heels have won a combined 34 NBA championships. That’s just shy of five times the number of championships for Duke players.

Perhaps Duke could recognize the number of NBA MVPs. Actually, we probably shouldn’t go there either. Duke doesn’t have any. Carolina has six.

What about the number of NBA All-Star selections? Duke has 24 of those. Definitely worth tweeting about! Oh. Wait. Carolina has 63 NBA All-Star selections.

Come again?

:D;):D

Who are these two teams you guys are talking about, and why does anyone here care?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Remember when Matt Doherty's team was a shoe-in to the Final Four in 2001, but along the way he became one of the only men in history to be outcoached by Jerry Dunn?

Remember when Matt Doherty's team was a shoe-in to the Final Four in 2001, but along the way he became one of the only men in history to be outcoached by Jerry Dunn?
I have a funny story (if you're a Duke fan) about that game that I've relayed here before, so I won't waste anyone's time. I will say that a couple of Duke players (Mike Dunleavy and Jason Williams) were big PSU fans at that time.

I have a funny story (if you're a Duke fan) about that game that I've relayed here before, so I won't waste anyone's time. I will say that a couple of Duke players (Mike Dunleavy and Jason Williams) were big PSU fans at that time.
Well what is it? I wouldn’t mind reading it

I do remember that Dunn looked like a maestro with his substitutions and managing fouls. And then you realized it was just that Doherty was that bad

Well what is it? I wouldn’t mind reading it

I do remember that Dunn looked like a maestro with his substitutions and managing fouls. And then you realized it was just that Doherty was that bad

I was working at Duke at the time and my kids were attending a school for kids with autism on UNC's campus in Chapel Hill. The Monday after the game, I took my kids to school and picked up a copy of the Daily Tar Heel (Carolina's version of the Collegian). The front page had an article and picture of a totally dejected Julius Peppers and Matt Doherty walking off the court (the article is at https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2001/03/tar_heels_season_ends_with_loss_to_penn_state but there's no image), so I took a copy. When I got to my office I cut out the picture and taped it to my door.

That fall, Duke was going to Hawaii to play in the Maui Tournament and Mike Dunleavy and Jason Williams came into the office to talk about a project they would work on since they were going to miss some classes (which is why I can say with certainty that Duke athletes work hard). After our meeting, we all walked out of the conference room and were standing outside my office talking when Jason Williams sees the picture. He points at it, smiles and says, "That game was awesome! I was the biggest Penn State fan that day." I looked at him and said "Second biggest." He nodded and said, "Niiiiiice."

I ran into him in Newark Airport a few years after his motorcycle accident and had a nice chat about his life. He thanked me for helping him with his work while in school. He was a very nice, very intelligent and personable young man.

For example, if I were Duke, I would celebrate that Blue Devil alums have won seven NBA championships. Actually, I probably wouldn’t because I would realize that Michael Jordan won six by himself and that Tar Heels have won a combined 34 NBA championships. That’s just shy of five times the number of championships for Duke players.

Perhaps Duke could recognize the number of NBA MVPs. Actually, we probably shouldn’t go there either. Duke doesn’t have any. Carolina has six.

What about the number of NBA All-Star selections? Duke has 24 of those. Definitely worth tweeting about! Oh. Wait. Carolina has 63 NBA All-Star selections.

Come again?

:D;):D
Yeah they have all those accolades in the NBA why didn't they win more Championships in college?

ADVERTISEMENT