ADVERTISEMENT

Unable to “ save “ tickets. No refund, and they sell them to somebody else

83wuzme

Apr 27, 2005
Pretty good deal for PSU to get paid twice for the same seats.
Got an iPhone 12 earlier this week. Hours on the phone with tech support from Apple and my ISP and I still can’t get my email to work on this phone. I suppose it’s too advanced. Old phone was not a smartphone.
Tried calling PSU Athletics. Nobody was answering their number for the whole week. Emails were not returned. They sent me an email this evening asking why I had not “ saved “ my tickets ? Maybe if they had bothered to read my emails they would have understood why.
So, no game tomorrow. Out the cost of two tickets for this game and who knows how many additionally ?
Really pissed. Anybody else the recipient of this kind of customer service ?

I heard it was really bad this year. The PSU ticket program has been getting progressively worse since 2005. They have been making basic economic error after error essentially guaranteeing we'll never again see the gigantic crowds we saw in the early 2000s...mainly because PSU is trying to control the secondary market rather than letting the free market get tickets into the hands of people who want to watch the game. They'd rather see the seats be empty for the chance at some extra money.

I heard it was really bad this year. The PSU ticket program has been getting progressively worse since 2005. They have been making basic economic error after error essentially guaranteeing we'll never again see the gigantic crowds we saw in the early 2000s...mainly because PSU is trying to control the secondary market rather than letting the free market get tickets into the hands of people who want to watch the game. They'd rather see the seats be empty for the chance at some extra money.
That’s exactly the sense I got from this new system. They want the scalper’s market and are willing to pay Ticketmaster just to get a percentage of it.
I am wondering why I bother. Nobody else I do business with has such poor customer service, and that’s saying a lot.

Tickets are $20 each and probably better than your original seats atm.

Tickets are $20 each and probably better than your original seats atm.

So you want him to pay $20 over what he has already paid?

If I was him, I would just come to the game anyway. Penn State has a record of him having tickets. He just hasn't been able to save them yet. If he goes to the ticket window, and waits 5 or 6 hours behind everyone else to clear things up, he might still be able to get in by the middle of the third quarter.

That's what you call efficiency and progress in today's screwed up world. Just think what will happen when the Chinese cut off the support and supply spigot.

Reactions: bison13
Pretty good deal for PSU to get paid twice for the same seats.
Got an iPhone 12 earlier this week. Hours on the phone with tech support from Apple and my ISP and I still can’t get my email to work on this phone. I suppose it’s too advanced. Old phone was not a smartphone.
Tried calling PSU Athletics. Nobody was answering their number for the whole week. Emails were not returned. They sent me an email this evening asking why I had not “ saved “ my tickets ? Maybe if they had bothered to read my emails they would have understood why.
So, no game tomorrow. Out the cost of two tickets for this game and who knows how many additionally ?
Really pissed. Anybody else the recipient of this kind of customer service ?
First of all, you are not the only one having problems with PSU and the mobile ticket app. Yes, it works fine for some (most?) people. But it also has a significant number of "bugs" for many other people. Just one example - I tried listing 2 tickets for sale, but the app wouldn't let me. Why not? Because the app kicked back a message that the two tickets had to be "contiguous" (next to each other). Everybody asociated with Penn State football tickets understands that the seats are numbered in either odd or even numbers. So, seats 10 and 12 are in fact next to each other, but nobody at Penn State bothered to pass that information on to the folks who designed the app. That's just ONE example of issues that people are having with the app that are not due to user "stupidity".

You are absolutely correct that PSU Athletics is wholly unprepared to deal with the customer volume of issues - an inability to reacch anyone for help via the phone or emails which are not answered are two prime issues which need to be addressed.

Finally, one suggestion for your problem. Have you tried logging into your PSU account (using your phone) via a browser and downloading your tickets to your walllet in that manner? Not sure why you would need your email to work unless you have to reset your password which is a whole other problem they have been having with the app.

Good luck.

I used the normal website to sell my extras as it does not have the contiguous issue the app does.

This was an issue even during 19 season. The fact that PSU has not made TM correct it is unacceptable.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bison13
last Game I attended up there 51 years ago they had cardboard tickets for about $6. Now it sounds like ya gotta have a high dollar device, pay an up charge fee on top of exorbitant ticket prices, pay a crazy ass price to park, etc. On top of all that, if your device fails you’re on the outside looking in. If ya do get in you have the pleasure of rubbing elbows and other body parts with thousands of unvaccinated unmasked ignorami that don’t give a damn for anyone but themselves.
Much more relaxing to watch on TV. Plus, if the game’s sucks, you can switch channels.
JMHO

First of all, you are not the only one having problems with PSU and the mobile ticket app. Yes, it works fine for some (most?) people. But it also has a significant number of "bugs" for many other people. Just one example - I tried listing 2 tickets for sale, but the app wouldn't let me. Why not? Because the app kicked back a message that the two tickets had to be "contiguous" (next to each other). Everybody asociated with Penn State football tickets understands that the seats are numbered in either odd or even numbers. So, seats 10 and 12 are in fact next to each other, but nobody at Penn State bothered to pass that information on to the folks who designed the app. That's just ONE example of issues that people are having with the app that are not due to user "stupidity".

You are absolutely correct that PSU Athletics is wholly unprepared to deal with the customer volume of issues - an inability to reacch anyone for help via the phone or emails which are not answered are two prime issues which need to be addressed.

Finally, one suggestion for your problem. Have you tried logging into your PSU account (using your phone) via a browser and downloading your tickets to your walllet in that manner? Not sure why you would need your email to work unless you have to reset your password which is a whole other problem they have been having with the app.

Good luck.
I was able to access them finally. I had two problems with the new phone ; the email function does not work and I cannot use the App Store because it will not accept my password. I have never had either of these problems with my iPad.
I accessed the account on my I Pad, then went on my phone and was able to download the Ticketmaster app on my iPhone not through my email but through Apple. Not sure how I was able to do this now and not last night. They did not transfer into my Wallet, though and I can’t figure out why.

• Love
Reactions: richmin3
Can you print out the tickets or do they need to be in the app or wallet?
If you don't want any problem or issues, put them in your apple wallet (or android equivalent). If you want problems, lines, delays, and frustration - show up with a printed ticket, snapshot, or have them in your app (without being put into your wallet).

last Game I attended up there 51 years ago they had cardboard tickets for about $6. Now it sounds like ya gotta have a high dollar device, pay an up charge fee on top of exorbitant ticket prices, pay a crazy ass price to park, etc. On top of all that, if your device fails you’re on the outside looking in. If ya do get in you have the pleasure of rubbing elbows and other body parts with thousands of unvaccinated unmasked ignorami that don’t give a damn for anyone but themselves.
Much more relaxing to watch on TV. Plus, if the game’s sucks, you can switch channels.
JMHO
I'm thinking this post needs a headline from The Onion...
"Local man upset upon hearing that going to an event isn't the same as it was the last time he went, over a half century ago."

I was able to get help from Apple support. It required the better part of an hour to get everything sorted out, the email, the App Store problems, Ticketmaster, Apple Wallet. I will probably end up switching my ISP because of what will likely be lingering email issues.
Still pissed at PSU Athletics. I’m at least glad I claimed my tickets so they won’t be able to resell them.

Reactions: dcf4psu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT