ADVERTISEMENT

Um Mr. Brooks

giphy.gif

Reactions: Creek Side
I posted awhile ago that AB would eventually move up to 197 many didn't believe me. The fact that he will be a 86kg guy in the future is why. Time will tell see how big AB gets and it will get figured out down the road.

Reactions: Maddog
I posted awhile ago that AB would eventually move up to 197 many didn't believe me. The fact that he will be a 86kg guy in the future is why. Time will tell see how big AB gets and it will get figured out down the road.
Very well could be. In his recent Basch interview he both reiterated that freestyle is definitely his favorite style and the the world be hitting the weights which is “new to” him.
But we will see.

I dont know why you werent believed. I'm almost certain Mr. Brooks had said himself on this very board that Aaron was growing and filling out and he could one day see Aaron at 197.

I dont know why you werent believed. I'm almost certain Mr. Brooks had said himself on this very board that Aaron was growing and filling out and he could one day see Aaron at 197.
How much more growth does AB have left? He doesn't look that big... even for 84.

No idea..just put it out there what Mr Brooks said. I'll say this though, by eye test, I wouldnt have seen Bo Nickal moving up either..
Twice he moved up. As a sophomore, we went to 184, and then to 197 as a Junior (from 174 as a freshman). All without approval from this board!!! There were so many discussions that he wasn't big enough, or strong enough. And the team would be worse off with the move from a point perspective (you never move a NC up a weight - right?). I need to check the record book, but I think it worked out OK for Bo and PSU.

It's kind of funny that Bo moving up always coincided in being the best move for the team.

184 (opened it up for Mark ultimately and thus the fantastic 5 moment, it sucked for Cutch but I think even he would agree that was the best move for the team)
197 (moved Cassar and Shak to their best weights even though Shak ended up getting hurt)

Maybe he's not trying to break apart the room ;)

ADVERTISEMENT