ADVERTISEMENT

Ultimate Warrior Tournament

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
This is one of my favorites. I can’t wait for Bainey Vs Gill. Perry is looking tough. Walizer at 145. Any insight on who Simcox lost to at wrestle offs? Could you imagine that. Perry vs Simcox. Best two 139 aaa guys in the state wrestling off to make the team. Wonder who drew the short stick and had to ref that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: LHavenlion
This is one of my favorites. I can’t wait for Bainey Vs Gill. Perry is looking tough. Walizer at 145. Any insight on who Simcox lost to at wrestle offs? Could you imagine that. Perry vs Simcox. Wonder who drew the short stick and had to ref that one.
This match is a big deal for Landon. It's a chance to move his ranking up, and to win a match against a kid that he hasn't seen yet.
I hope I'm not disappointed tomorrow.

Ultimate Warrior Sport GIF by WWE

This match is a big deal for Landon. It's a chance to move his ranking up, and to win a match against a kid that he hasn't seen yet.
I hope I'm not disappointed tomorrow.
That is, if Gill beats Garshnick. Either way, if Landon wins this tournament he goes to #3 for seeding at Hershey and sees Botero in the semis

Reactions: BrockBronson
That is, if Gill beats Garshnick. Either way, if Landon wins this tournament he goes to #3 for seeding at Hershey and sees Botero in the semis
How would Botero not be the 1 seed at Hershey?

Seidel is the current #1. Botero #2. Gill #3. Bainey #4. Nobody beating Seidel or Botero until Hershey. Bainey vs Gill will determine #3.
Seidel and Botero are both in SE Regional. Winner will be the 1 at states, loser will be in the other side, unseeded, and could face Bainey in the quarters or the semis.

Bainey will be the 2 seed, presuming he wins SW Regional.

Gill did not compete in last year's postseason, thus gets zero "prestige points" toward seeding. He will be the 4 unless the NE champ also did not paticipate in last year's postseason (which is unlikely unless it's a freshman).

Reactions: danoftw
Seidel and Botero are both in SE Regional. Winner will be the 1 at states, loser will be in the other side, unseeded, and could face Bainey in the quarters or the semis.

Bainey will be the 2 seed, presuming he wins SW Regional.

Gill did not compete in last year's postseason, thus gets zero "prestige points" toward seeding. He will be the 4 unless the NE champ also did not paticipate in last year's postseason (which is unlikely unless it's a freshman).
What I took from that is 121 is loaded. 127 on the other hand is a free ride for anyone who wants to move up to then get destroyed by Forrest 😂

Reactions: El-Jefe
One thing though...this kid Garshnick from United is only a sophomore and is going to be something special real soon.

What I took from that is 121 is loaded. 127 on the other hand is a free ride for anyone who wants to move up to then get destroyed by Forrest 😂
The other thing you should take from it is: PIAA does not use rankings at all.

The only things that matter are this year's Win % and last year's postseason placement -- and those only matter for the regional xhamps.

The other thing you should take from it is: PIAA does not use rankings at all.

The only things that matter are this year's Win % and last year's postseason placement -- and those only matter for the regional xhamps.
Win percentage overall? Or win percentage IN STATE? Bainey has a loss to a kid from West Virginia.

Win percentage overall? Or win percentage IN STATE? Bainey has a loss to a kid from West Virginia.
Overall. But really, that loss won't affect Bainey's seed at all because of the seeding process.

Refresher on PIAA seeding at states:
- Only regional champs get seeded
- Max 200 total pts
- Max 100 pts for Win % -- straight math
- Max 100 "prestige pts" for last year's PIAA postseason. S1 = 100, S2 = 95, S3 = 90, etc., all the way down to sectionals.

Gill gets no credit for being a past state champ. Only last year's postseason counts.

Should also note: Bainey is favored but not a lock to win SW with Fanella and Sledzianowski there. Fanella gets the 2 if he wins SW. If McCort wins SW, then Gill might get the 2 after all.

Overall. But really, that loss won't affect Bainey's seed at all because of the seeding process.

Refresher on PIAA seeding at states:
- Only regional champs get seeded
- Max 200 total pts
- Max 100 pts for Win % -- straight math
- Max 100 "prestige pts" for last year's PIAA postseason. S1 = 100, S2 = 95, S3 = 90, etc., all the way down to sectionals.

Gill gets no credit for being a past state champ. Only last year's postseason counts.

Should also note: Bainey is favored but not a lock to win SW with Fanella and Sledzianowski there. Fanella gets the 2 if he wins SW. If McCort wins SW, then Gill might get the 2 after all.
All true, but IF Landon comes through regional on top of the podium he can possibly gain momentum for Hershey. I think Fanella is going 27 though..

All true, but IF Landon comes through regional on top of the podium he can possibly gain momentum for Hershey. I think Fanella is going 27 though..
Meh. Momentum isn't getting him past Botero or Seidel, and Gill would have to make a mistake.

Unless "momentum" is code for he tags in Desmond or Lilledahl.

Gill has to get by Garshnick.
GIll and Garshnick cannot meet at states until the finals or deep into consis, unless Pisarchick wins NW Regionals.

I know Garshnick pinned Gill. Gill has faced a far tougher schedule and has beaten several national-level guys: Dillard, Mascaro 2x, Rivera. Unless Garshnick is some bad style matchup, I'm considering that a fluke.

Last edited:
GIll and Garshnick cannot meet at states until the finals or deep into consis, unless Pisarchick wins NW Regionals.

I know Garshnick pinned Gill. Gill has faced a far tougher schedule and has beaten several national-level guys: Dillard, Mascaro 2x, Rivera. Unless Garshnick is some bad style matchup, I'm considering that a fluke.
Possibly. Possibly not. Garshnick had Landon pinned last year at regionals but the clock was at zero. Anyways the semis tomorrow is Louie's chance to show that. Garshnick is going to be sensational...

I agree about Garshnick. Where did he come from. I don’t remember him as a youth. The whole United team looks tough. Is United a new school? Did a few schools merge? I remember seeing them at State duals last year.

GL Perry and Bainey today

I agree about Garshnick. Where did he come from. I don’t remember him as a youth. The whole United team looks tough. Is United a new school? Did a few schools merge? I remember seeing them at State duals last year.

GL Perry and Bainey today
United has been around for a while. We wrestled against them in the 90’s when I was at WB. Always seemed to have some pretty tough teams back then as well.

139 pounds- #1 Dalton Perry

R32: D.Perry FALL M.Schenck (1:34)
R16: D.Perry FALL R.Allegretto (2:47)
QF: D.Perry TF #8 M.Formaini (5:08)
SF: D.Perry MD #4 C.Bell 18-7
Finals: #1 D.Perry MD #3 M.Gable 11-3

Last edited:
139 pound semi-finals: #1 Dalton Perry vs. #4 Chase Bell

PBP is from the FloArena dashboard, so please excuse any errors.

P1:
Perry TD 2-0
Perry 3 Nearfall 5-0
Bell escape 5-1
Perry TD 7-1
Bell escape 7-2
Perry TD 9-2
Perry rides him out

P2:
Perry down
Perry escape 10-2
Perry TD 12-2
Bell escape 12-3
Perry TD 14-3
Bell escape 14-4
Perry TD 16-4
Bell escape 16-5

P3:
Bell down
Bell escape 16-6
Perry TD 18-6
Bell escape 18-7

#1 D.Perry MD #4 C.Bell 18-7

Finals: #1 D.Perry vs. #3 M.Gable

139 pound semi-finals: #1 Dalton Perry vs. #4 Chase Bell

PBP is from the FloArena dashboard, so please excuse any errors.

P1:
Perry TD 2-0
Perry 3 Nearfall 5-0
Bell escape 5-1
Perry TD 7-1
Bell escape 7-2
Perry TD 9-2
Perry rides him out

P2:
Perry down
Perry escape 10-2
Perry TD 12-2
Bell escape 12-3
Perry TD 14-3
Bell escape 14-4
Perry TD 16-4
Bell escape 16-5

P3:
Bell down
Bell escape 16-6
Perry TD 18-6
Bell escape 18-7

#1 D.Perry MD #4 C.Bell 18-7

Finals: #1 D.Perry vs. #3 M.Gable
Looks like a tech in college!

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
Looks like a tech in college!
I think that'd be a 2nd period tech in college! Perry sounds great on his feet! He had 7 takedowns in the semi's & 5 in the finals. There are so many good kids in the pipeline it's hard to keep track of them all!

Last edited:
139 pound Finals: #1 Dalton Perry vs. #3 Marcus Gable

P1:
Perry TD 2-0
Gable escape 2-1
Perry TD 4-1
Perry rideout

P2:
Perry down
Perry escape 5-1
Perry TD 7-1
Perry rideout

P3:
Gable down
Gable escape 7-2
Perry TD 9-2
Gable escape 9-3
Perry TD 11-3 (with 3-sec left)

Finals: #1 D.Perry MD #3 M.Gable 11-3

I didn't see a clock, but Perry must have had well over a minute of riding time too.
Correction: Perry had 1:23 riding time, check next post for more details.

Last edited:
I didn't see a clock, but Perry must have had well over a minute of riding time too.
We can piece it together from FloArena:
P1:
T2 1:36, E1 1:25 --> 0:11
T2 0:22, rode out the period --> 0:22 --> 0:33 total
P2:
took bottom, E1 1:44 --> -0:16 --> +0:17 total
T2 0:47, rode out the period --> 0:47 --> +1:04 total
P3:
started on top, E1 1:57 --> 0:03, +1:07 total
T2 0:28, E1 0:19 --> 0:09, +1:16 total
T2 0:07, rode out the period --> 1:23 total

• Love
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
Possibly. Possibly not. Garshnick had Landon pinned last year at regionals but the clock was at zero. Anyways the semis tomorrow is Louie's chance to show that. Garshnick is going to be sensational...
Gill 10-4 over Garshnick in the semis, then 11-3 MD over Bainey in the finals.

In the 3rd place match, Garshnick beat Colton Wade (Sullivan County) 2-0. Wade and Rothermel from Line Mt are the most likely NE Regional finalists. Wade beat Garshnick 2-0 SV in last year's state 7th place match.

P1:
P2:
P3:
Excellent! Perry also sounds pretty good on top. Just need Zain to teach him the bow & arrow, so he can score some back points too!

P1:
P2:
P3:
Perry is so tough. He wins another title this year

Gill 10-4 over Garshnick in the semis, then 11-3 MD over Bainey in the finals.

In the 3rd place match, Garshnick beat Colton Wade (Sullivan County) 2-0. Wade and Rothermel from Line Mt are the most likely NE Regional finalists. Wade beat Garshnick 2-0 SV in last year's state 7th place match.
I knew Gill was really tough but he had an extra gear today. Baineys dad lost his mind in that semis match. Wade’s poor dad was speechless.
Which of the 120’s do we see bumping to 127.

Perry is so tough. He wins another title this year
I hope so but 139 AAA looks very wide open with PSU-on-PSU crime in NW in Perry and Weiss; Shaw, Reihner, and Mack in SW; and Parkins and Fanelli in NE. None of them are bullet-proof (2 weeks ago Perry lost to a regional 7th place finisher).

I'm not sure all of them can win the title, but most likely all of them can beat any of the rest of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT