ADVERTISEMENT

Ultimate duals

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017

M2 with 2 amazing teams. The Basset brothers are both repping M2 along with Mason Gibson. Levi wrestling at 77kgs. I don’t really know anything about this event but wonder why no team from young guns? Good tuneup for next weeks trials. Also for those that might not be able to read the article, M2 also has Asher Cunningham, Tyler Kasak, Pierson Manville, and Dalton Perry along with a bunch of other top kids wrestling for the club in these duals

I'll be there as my 7th grader is filling a spot on a HS team. Kinda upset though, the regular division and the elite division will be at different venues. He won't be in the elite division so I won't be able to watch the top guys. Should be a good experience for him though, he'll be able to ID his weaknesses by the end of the weekend I would imagine.

M2 with 2 amazing teams. The Basset brothers are both repping M2 along with Mason Gibson. Levi wrestling at 77kgs. I don’t really know anything about this event but wonder why no team from young guns? Good tuneup for next weeks trials. Also for those that might not be able to read the article, M2 also has Asher Cunningham, Tyler Kasak, Pierson Manville, and Dalton Perry along with a bunch of other top kids wrestling for the club in these duals
As an aside, you’ve got to figure that M2 is now heavily eroding the numbers of top guys who would ordinarily go to YG Altoona

Last edited:
Holy cow M2 is very tough. I will be excited to see a few matchups. Bethlehem Catholic is loaded and will beat club teams. It’s down right amazing all those kids came up through the Bethlehem parochial system.
Gibson vs Kilkreary, New PSU Pierce vs Kasak, Desmond vs Bassett, Levi & Perry vs everyone

Is Haines growing at a rapid clip, or is he just going up in weight to get better competition?

3rd meet they dominated again.
Bo Bass is an animal. He kept cross facing the kid to turn him. Brutal.
I didn’t see Levi again. Feed is in and out. I can understand, flo is streaming 16 mats plus all the scoreboard stuff.

Bo Bassett over Nathan Desmond of Becahi 13-5.
Wow!! Thought Bo would win but thought it would be a very tight match. Would love to see a Bassett vs Knox rematch sometime soon to see if Bo has jumped another level. Might see it next week at trials?

Reactions: hlstone
The PIAA will deem him ineligible since he hasn't transfered to BECA.
This is true. Seems like d11 does what ever they want and supported by the PIAA. Someone told me, Beth cath was at duals and Karam & Cruz were on full watch. Anyone who beat one of their kids they were basically passing out business cards. they must realize they have to keep up with faith Academy.

As much as I hate private schools, they put their work in. Looking at the results Beth cath, Faith, McCort, McDevitt wrestlers all there.
another result that stood out was Williams beat Kilkreary.

Can BMC even field a team next year, thought they were penalized 2 years?
Postseason ban. They can still compete at duals and regular season tourneys such as Powerade.

Bassett can't coach at any PIAA institution thru 2023. Though in reality that probably means McCort holds study hall during "practice" and trains at his club.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Believe he’s there on a break glass in case of emergency basis. So we’ll see if they’re challenged at all.
I see that he got a couple matches today. Not challenged at all. Rocco Welsh was at the same weight but their teams never met unfortunately. That would have been a fun one. Gibson, Kasak, Manville, and Bassett all looked really good. Bassett’s win over Desmond was impressive. Desmond is slick and almost hit a couple nice throw bys but Bo recovered each time. When Desmond took committed shots he got in deep and finished at least once. Bo’s pace and physicality is what really sets him apart though. He was always in Desmond’s face and never gave him a moment to breathe let alone get comfortable. He was always wrestling off of his back foot which is a hard way to win. Bo hit a beautiful high c as well which was nice to see because usually all I see his snap down to go behind. His go behind is deadly but as he gets older and the competition matures he is going to need some leg attacks. It looks like he actually has one even if he doesn’t use it a ton yet. I can’t wait to see him next week at trials. He really is special for his age and yes I know he’s old for his grade. Overall those M2 kids are something else. Hammer after hammer. DT has created something special. I figured it would turn into a powerhouse but it has happened much quicker than I thought.

Wow. That has to be the best club team in the country right? With DT starting M2, and Bo starting the mma gym, psu is going to have the market cornered on any young talent lol (not that they didn’t already). Amazing.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ADVERTISEMENT