ADVERTISEMENT

UFO Evidence that demands a verdict ...

I once saw a 2-3 second glimpse of a UFO through a foggy mirror. At least I think it was a UFO, it definitively was of an unidentified nature.

Did you slam a locker? I'm told aliens hate the sound of slamming lockers. Like finger nails on a chalk board.

Were you shaving at the time ?

No, was just stopping by work to drop of a new pair of work shoes.

Did you slam a locker? I'm told aliens hate the sound of slamming lockers. Like finger nails on a chalk board.

I wish there was a locker to slam, everyone knows that aliens hate that. I was forced to clear my throat very loudly.

Why does it demand a verdict? Modern psychology has proved even the most sophisticated observer is very easily fooled by their own eyes. Then there are all the con artists who make a cottage industry of conspiracy theories (e.g., Dolan). Putting the onus on the doubters to disprove odd coincidences is intellectually dishonest and unscientific. The most compelling argument is that there are so many worlds out there, not some unexplained phenomena or conspiracy theory.

I hear you. But if it's foolish to think we are alone in the universe then it's equally foolish to think they can't reach us just because we can't reach them.

Of course there are aliens! How else could you explain @SJLuvsLions?
For those concerned about distances... if wormholes exist as theorized, that could explain how one could cover vast distances. In the movie Contact, that’s how Jodie Foster’s character travelled to make contact. The machine either created a new, or opened up access to an existing, wormhole.

But let’s say the solution to Einstein’s equations are wrong and there are no wormholes. Why do we assume all life forms are like us? If a civilization is advanced enough for interstellar travel, presumably their medicine is also advanced. Maybe through regeneration or replacement of body parts, and treating all diseases, other beings can live hundreds or thousands of years. Or maybe they are alien/machine hybrids that allow them much longer lifespans. A species like that could travel across galaxies in a generation or two or three in a large mothership. And since the odds that they are using rockets is virtually nil, sources of energy could be much more sophisticated. Maybe the energy source is the ship itself, which generates more energy as it’s used up, so you don’t need large fuel reserves.

Especially if they have mastered travel at or near the speed of light. Time slows down as you approach the speed of light, relative to objects traveling much slower. So, if you’re traveling near the speed of light, a year in the spaceship could be 10+ years on earth. Combine that with longer lifespans, and suddenly crossing large swaths of space becomes more practical, even without wormholes.

There are a number of things I’ve read/heard over the years that raise interesting questions about our history, if they’re true. There’s supposedly evidence, in India, of nuclear blasts that occurred thousands of years ago. There’s supposedly evidence underwater and in Antarctica of advanced civilizations that existed during the ice age, that were buried when the ice melted and the oceans rose.

More interesting is that some scientists say the asteroid belt exists where a planet should be, if you look at how the planets are arranged. Mars used to have an atmosphere, and probably life. Was there a war between Mars and a neighboring planet that blew one up and ruined the other? On top of that, our circadian rhythm supposedly resets to 23.5 hours in space, instead of 24. Guess how long a day is on Mars? And if we evolved on earth, why are our eyes and skin so sensitive to the sun? It’s almost like we were built for a planet not so close to the sun. Many of the oldest religions and societies, like those of Native Americans and in India, believe our ancestors came from the stars. Then there the supposed incident where NASA did a geological test and it essentially caused the moon to ring for hours. Is the moon artificial and hollow? Life on this planet wouldn’t exist as it does without the moon and it’s affect on the tides, etc. Like I said, I haven’t verified all of this, but, it does make one wonder.

I’ve often wondered, what if we’re just a big, long-term science project for some other species. Or we’re like The Truman Show, where the entire planet is entertainment for another species. LOL
I actually believe it is more likely an undersea species that had a 200,000 million year+ to evolve and does not breathe air but extracts O2 through gills and hence are not able to interact on land without breathing apparatus. Wait think I saw that on Star Trek Enterprise. OK not original thought. Look closely at @SJLuvsLions, he always wears collared shirts.

Of course there are aliens! How else could you explain @SJLuvsLions?

I actually believe it is more likely an undersea species that had a 200,000 million year+ to evolve and does not breathe air but extracts O2 through gills and hence are not able to interact on land without breathing apparatus. Wait think I saw that on Star Trek Enterprise. OK not original thought. Look closely at @SJLuvsLions, he always wears collared shirts.

My college g/f called me "E.T. the Extra Testicle". I took it as meaning I'm "otherworldly". ;)

Reactions: gslachta
Thanks for the contribution to the thread.

I don't understand why scientists seem to focus on radio waves to look for ET life, but then have little to say about clear video evidence that demonstrates technology within our own atmosphere that is far in advance of our own. Surely some form of life other than our own developed it. That these are human craft would seem to be much more far-fetched than originating from some other life form within the universe.

The various reports and sightings to me come with an associated probability of being ET. We balance the credibility of witnesses, the number of witnesses, their reports, and so on. Some are directly explainable (0%). Some are perhaps 50%, and others approach 100% (such as the tic-tac encounter that was recorded in multiple ways and witnessed by multiple, highly credible witnesses (e.g., Commander Fravor) in both 2004 and 2015 (that we know of).

I don't see the tic-tac UFOs as something that could be Chinese or Russian. These countries do not behave like they have technology at this level.

Why does it demand a verdict? Modern psychology has proved even the most sophisticated observer is very easily fooled by their own eyes. Then there are all the con artists who make a cottage industry of conspiracy theories (e.g., Dolan). Putting the onus on the doubters to disprove odd coincidences is intellectually dishonest and unscientific. The most compelling argument is that there are so many worlds out there, not some unexplained phenomena or conspiracy theory.

You are right. Those videos prove nothing to me. A small speck of light soaring through the air.

I was on vacay and some of my family had sky lanterns. Once they started floating in the air and got high enough it looked like a UFO. It was another white speck of light. I said there are probably people a mile away saying "look it looks like a UFO."

The Nazis even developed a flying saucer, but it didn't last long. They wanted an aircraft that could have a vertical lift off without it needing a runway to build up speed. I remember pictures of it in the woods or some field in Germany. If people came across and didn't know better, they for sure would say it's a UFO.

People are unreal. They believe it because they want to. David Blain the magician/illusionist does amazing sh!t. He elevates in the air, does that mean he has super powers? Nope.

Remember what UFO stands for.

UFO: Unidentified Flying Object

Unidentified does not mean mean Alien Aircraft.

The report that has to be released this June should be interesting.

Report on UAP due this June

I have a feeling it’ll be a quick read. ;)

iu

From the article:

“The New York Times reported that pilots had sightings -- and, in one instance, a near collision -- while flying training missions off the East Coast between 2014 and 2015.

Then last August, Deputy Defense Secretary David Norquist officially created the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force, a Navy-led unit, to hunt down any pertinent encounters service members may have had with aerial objects that pose a threat to national security.”

A near collision?! That’s the first I’ve heard of such a thing.

“ Threat to national security “ is a phrase that has come up before and again. If we are being visited, it is quite obvious that we would not have the means to defend ourselves against a civilization with this kind of technology. So the assumption is that if their intention was to eliminate us and acquire our planet that would have already happened.
As it is, if we are being visited, we would possibly have a hard time understanding their motives.

When I was 14 myself and 2 other friends had an unexplainable experience. It was summer time and we had a sleepover on my friends porch. Sometime around midnite myself and one friend saw something drop from the sky above a house next door. By the time we took a second look it was gone, or so we thought. His yard was boxed in by bushes. About 100 feet away by the bushes it reappeared. It was slightly smaller than a softball and glowed yellow. It wasn’t like it was shining light but was a very bright glow. The object blinked in a pattern then suddenly came half way across the yard. When it blinked off that’s when it moved. We could see it move. It blinked in the same patter then jump once again, now 3/4 way across the yard. It blinked one more time and appeared within 10 feet. Then it slowly floated towards us. I was so frightened I crawled in my sleeping bag paralyzed with fear for a few minutes. I peeked out from under the sleeping bad and it was within a few feet from the porch. My other friends where frightened out of their wits but kept watching it. It slowly drifted to the right and went behind the porch balcony. We all jumped up to see where it was. Just like that it was gone. Our next memories were waking up in the morning and talking about what we saw. The 3 of us have never discussed what we saw past that morning. None of drank or did drugs at that age. Make fun of me if you like. But we saw something that nite we have no explanation for.

When I was 14 myself and 2 other friends had an unexplainable experience. It was summer time and we had a sleepover on my friends porch. Sometime around midnite myself and one friend saw something drop from the sky above a house next door. By the time we took a second look it was gone, or so we thought. His yard was boxed in by bushes. About 100 feet away by the bushes it reappeared. It was slightly smaller than a softball and glowed yellow. It wasn’t like it was shining light but was a very bright glow. The object blinked in a pattern then suddenly came half way across the yard. When it blinked off that’s when it moved. We could see it move. It blinked in the same patter then jump once again, now 3/4 way across the yard. It blinked one more time and appeared within 10 feet. Then it slowly floated towards us. I was so frightened I crawled in my sleeping bag paralyzed with fear for a few minutes. I peeked out from under the sleeping bad and it was within a few feet from the porch. My other friends where frightened out of their wits but kept watching it. It slowly drifted to the right and went behind the porch balcony. We all jumped up to see where it was. Just like that it was gone. Our next memories were waking up in the morning and talking about what we saw. The 3 of us have never discussed what we saw past that morning. None of drank or did drugs at that age. Make fun of me if you like. But we saw something that nite we have no explanation for.

Thank you for this account. There are others like it.

The fact that it was not brief, appeared to move with intelligent control, and was witnessed by multiple individuals suggests (to me) that it is some type of probe.

Those videos prove nothing to me. A small speck of light soaring through the air.

You are probably one of the most close-minded people to post on our boards. I would dig deeper with you on why this is but that subject is not appropriate for this board.

Surely you did not listen to what Commander Fravor had to say about circling the UFO. Surely you did not watch the testimony of the radar commander. Fravor's interaction was with just one of these objects that were verified on radar over a period of weeks.

And surely you did not think the Gimbal footage off the east coast was a "spec of light." The disc-like object was shown to reorient itself on its axis, had no flight surfaces, but did have what looked like an antenna. And it moved at incredible speed -- nothing like a drone of any kind propelled by burning fuel to compress gases. The propulsion system of these objects seems to manipulate an electromagnetic field in some way. The power source is most likely some form of nuclear energy, as radiation is often detected with landing incidents.

Gorki, you are in denial because you struggle to fit this kind of thing into your belief system. That is OK. A lot of people are at this stage in their evolution. But I do believe that after you pass on you will be given the knowledge that you currently lack. This will make sense.

Surely you did not listen to what Commander Fravor had to say about circling the UFO. Surely you did not watch the testimony of the radar commander. Fravor's interaction was with just one of these objects that were verified on radar over a period of weeks.

The Fermi paradox is the incongruity between the Drake equation and the absence of any astronomical detection of ET signaling. If they are out there within any reasonable proximity to earth, then they are deliberately shielding themselves from astronomical detection. If they are smart enough to do that, they are smart enough not to bump into Commander Fravor while perusing the earth. There are other more plausible explanations to consider before jumping to a conclusion of alien spacecraft. Alien visitation is an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence. Eyewitness accounts, "verified" by radar or not, are not extraordinary evidence.

The Fermi paradox is the incongruity between the Drake equation and the absence of any astronomical detection of ET signaling. If they are out there within any reasonable proximity to earth, then they are deliberately shielding themselves from astronomical detection. If they are smart enough to do that, they are smart enough not to bump into Commander Fravor while perusing the earth. There are other more plausible explanations to consider before jumping to a conclusion of alien spacecraft. Alien visitation is an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence. Eyewitness accounts, "verified" by radar or not, are not extraordinary evidence.
Just curious. What makes you think we even have a clue as to what to look for, let alone detect ET signalling?

Don't know how I missed this thread before. I am also fascinated by this topic. Of course, plenty of UFO/UAP sightings turn out to be something terrestrial, such as military aircraft (perhaps of the experimental variety), atmospheric phenomenon, video recording glitches, etc.

But Fravor's description (and those of other reputable observers) of the object accelerating at phenomenal rates, no visible means of propulsion, moving with what appears to be an intelligence, etc. can't be explained by those terrestrial ideas. Manned vehicles would collapse and occupants liquified at those accelerations. Drones can't move like that either.

Watch the two seasons of Unidentified on the History Channel. Luis Elizondo, Chris Mellon, and Steve Justice are not crackpots-- see what they have to say about this, and all the people they've interviewed (like Lt Ryan Graves). They're convinced a number of these sightings are NOT China or Russian technology, nor weather balloons, camera glitches, or atmospheric phenomena.

Sincere question -- if these are advanced aircraft from elsewhere, why do they show up on a primitive (to them) system like radar? We have aircraft that barely show up on radar and we are a long way from interstellar travel. If this has been going on since (at least) the 1940s, they've had plenty of time to make their craft undetectable which at their advanced level should be easy.

For me, the biggest argument against us being visited is the apparent lack of a microbial signature you would expect.
It is reasonable to assume that life in the universe always begins at the microbial level. From our own limited spacefaring, we know that microbial life can be pretty tenacious and even survive for periods in space.
If beings are coming to Earth from someplace else, it is reasonable to expect that there would be evidence of this in microbial life. We would at least be seeing microbes that were radically different on the molecular level from our indigenous species. They might use DNA, but the nucleotide coding would undoubtedly be dissimilar. And, as H.G. Wells predicted, our microbial life might be dangerous to any visitors.

Sincere question -- if these are advanced aircraft from elsewhere, why do they show up on a primitive (to them) system like radar? We have aircraft that barely show up on radar and we are a long way from interstellar travel. If this has been going on since (at least) the 1940s, they've had plenty of time to make their craft undetectable which at their advanced level should be easy.

Any alien race that could visit the earth would probably see humans as we do ants. I don't try to disguise myself when I'm looking at ants.

As scientific observation increasingly points to a universe of mind-boggling dimension and complexity, it's harder to believe there is not other intelligent life inhabiting it than to believe there is.

Though some find this challenging to their religious doctrines, as a believing Christian myself, I don't see why. Nothing about it contradicts or negates the teaching of the Church...or Christ.

In fact, the anxiety is kind of reminiscent of the scandal surrounding Galileo's thesis that the sun did not revolve around the earth...but rather the reverse. Similarly, many people even in our day would like to think that the universe, figuratively speaking, revolves around earth when our planet is no more than a speck of sand on a vast beach.

There's a fascinating documentary of recent vintage compiling much of the testimony, evidence, and questions surrounding this topic. It's titled The Phenomenon and difficult to watch without coming away with the opinion that something (and someone) else is likely out there:

The Phenomenon (2020) | Trailer HD - YouTube

Reactions: tlbakernc
OK, here's my UFO story. Late nineties and I rent a house on the cape of NC, right off the beach. I'm sitting on the back porch with 3 friends having a beer. All of a sudden I notice a pair of lights that look like dots. One was red, the other green. They were circling the house, maybe 200 yards high and a mile away in complete silence. So these two lights keep circling the house for 10-15 minutes. They occasionally come to a sudden stop without any de-acceleration and start blinking. One light would blink a couple of times, stop, then the other would blink couple of times and stop. Then they would start circling, again without any acceleration. It was like someone hit pause then play. All the while these two lights were circling they weren't in perfect formation. They would vary their position relative to each other. Anyway, after about 15 minutes of this, they just took off down the coast of the beach and disappeared over the horizon. No noise, no acceleration, in the blink of an eye. I think we stood there for a while just stunned at what we'd seen. I have no idea how much time passed, maybe a couple of minutes, but a little while later. Two twin engine air force or navy jets come screaming down over our house headed the same way the lights had went, then a minute later a cargo jet of some kind follows the same path. The absolute craziest thing I have ever seen.

I'm not an expert on this by any means, and when I look at the Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge and the Mesoamerican pyramids, an extraterrestrial source of knowledge and capability makes sense....but when considering how far away potentially inhabitable planets are, and the light years of travel required to reach any of them, I can't imagine any realistic possibility of UFOs....
I got into a healthy discussion at Machu Picchu with the tour guide there about aliens creating the place. He proceeded to tell me how people cut rocks with sticks. No way. I laughed at him and the crowd enjoyed it.

OK, here's my UFO story. Late nineties and I rent a house on the cape of NC, right off the beach. I'm sitting on the back porch with 3 friends having a beer. All of a sudden I notice a pair of lights that look like dots. One was red, the other green. They were circling the house, maybe 200 yards high and a mile away in complete silence. So these two lights keep circling the house for 10-15 minutes. They occasionally come to a sudden stop without any de-acceleration and start blinking. One light would blink a couple of times, stop, then the other would blink couple of times and stop. Then they would start circling, again without any acceleration. It was like someone hit pause then play. All the while these two lights were circling they weren't in perfect formation. They would vary their position relative to each other. Anyway, after about 15 minutes of this, they just took off down the coast of the beach and disappeared over the horizon. No noise, no acceleration, in the blink of an eye. I think we stood there for a while just stunned at what we'd seen. I have no idea how much time passed, maybe a couple of minutes, but a little while later. Two twin engine air force or navy jets come screaming down over our house headed the same way the lights had went, then a minute later a cargo jet of some kind follows the same path. The absolute craziest thing I have ever seen.

How does something go from stopped to moving without acceleration?

How does something go from stopped to moving without acceleration?

That's one of the reasons I called it a UFO, and why I compared it to hitting pause/play on a video. Or just the acceleration happened so fast it couldn't be discerned to the naked eye. Like if it went from 0 to 300 mph in 1 second.

That's one of the reasons I called it a UFO, and why I compared it to hitting pause/play on a video. Or just the acceleration happened so fast it couldn't be discerned to the naked eye. Like if it went from 0 to 300 mph in 1 second.

Going 0 to 300 mph in 1 second is equivalent to an acceleration of 440 ft/s^2 (1,080,000 miles/h^2).

very interesting and fascinating. Actually, I thought this very interesting discussion was about the new PSU MBB coach.

Reactions: BBrown
Thank you for this account. There are others like it.

The fact that it was not brief, appeared to move with intelligent control, and was witnessed by multiple individuals suggests (to me) that it is some type of probe.
Months after that encounter a friend and I were walking down a dark road from my house when a shooting star crossed the sky. I freaked out and started running back to my house. My friend was yelling it’s just a shooting star. But my initial reaction was pure panic.

I’ve often thought about going under hypnosis to help recall details of what happened after what I recall the end of the encounter. As I stated we just kind of woke up the next day. After we had an encounter like that how could of we possibly fallen asleep. But I’m not sure how much faith I hold in hypnosis. I don’t want suggestions or false memories to placed in my head.

Thats really interesting.

Thanks for sharing this. Believe it or not, this sounds like a number of other accounts I've heard of UAPs/UFOs, including the military jets chasing after the objects. Makes one wonder why the military would give chase to a "weather balloon", drone, atmospheric phenomenon, or some other mundane explanation that so many skeptics want to assign to this.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I believe the multiverse theory may have merit. It has several different variations of theories and possibilities. Could possibly explain ghosts, UFO’s, reincarnation, Nick Saban, and Cardi B.

Months after that encounter a friend and I were walking down a dark road from my house when a shooting star crossed the sky. I freaked out and started running back to my house. My friend was yelling it’s just a shooting star. But my initial reaction was pure panic.

I’ve often thought about going under hypnosis to help recall details of what happened after what I recall the end of the encounter. As I stated we just kind of woke up the next day. After we had an encounter like that how could of we possibly fallen asleep. But I’m not sure how much faith I hold in hypnosis. I don’t want suggestions or false memories to placed in my head.

Skip the hypnosis. No one wants to bring back memories of being anally penetrated by extraterrestrials.

ADVERTISEMENT