ADVERTISEMENT

U23 Worlds - Wonder who will go?

E) our fate is in our hands. We have seven AAs. Three NC locks. The title comes down to Mark-CJ-Cutch-Nevils. If they perform to their actual potential we win the title.

Reactions: Dogwelder
E) our fate is in our hands. We have seven AAs. Three NC locks. The title comes down to Mark-CJ-Cutch-Nevils. If they perform to their actual potential we win the title.

I agree our fate is in our hands. However, I think we may score a few points at 133 and 141 too. Not to mention IMHO we will score 10+ more bonus points than tOSU.

Locks that weren't

A) Tony nelson
B) Dustin Kilgore

BjXYy4YCIAAwTga.jpg

I would buy that shirt if Blue Chip put it to print.

Pfarr originally called it a career after the college season. Ran camps out on the west coast with Kroells. Couple weeks ago Eggum talked both into lacing the shoes up again. Sounds like Pfarr has decided to train for a couple years now.

A lot of locks won. Our locks have the best wrestling room and coaches in the sport.
By definition, shouldn't ALL "locks" win? All NoVa is saying, imo, that there is no such thing as an absolutely sure thing. I like our chances too, though after watching upsets galore in all sports, will never say lock myself.

Last edited:
By definition, shouldn't ALL "locks" win? All NoVa is saying, imo, that there is no such thing as an absolutely sure thing. I like our chances too, though after watching upsets galore in all sports, will never say lock myself.
I understand the reticence. I enjoy placing a "bet" based on what I've observed. There are no locks but I'm betting we have four. I can't say CJ is a lock out of respect for his weight class.

I agree our fate is in our hands. However, I think we may score a few points at 133 and 141 too. Not to mention IMHO we will score 10+ more bonus points than tOSU.
They will ALL be chasing 2nd place AGAIN....DYNASTY !!!!

We talked earlier in this thread about the possibility of a season changing injury taking place at this tournament. I genuinely hope NATO recovers if only to beat Suriano.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
We talked earlier in this thread about the possibility of a season changing injury taking place at this tournament. I genuinely hope NATO recovers if only to beat Suriano.
Uhhh yep. Not only do I want Nato to be healthy for Nato's sake, but I also want him to be healthy because this could be an excuse to not send wrestlers to this tournament next year. Injuries can happen anywhere, and one could argue that practice has a higher probability to injure a wrestler than competition.

I was working a camera, and one of the refs (all FS/GR people) even commented, "I wish the PSU boys all came." Granted, we were all FS/GR minds, it still resonates. And I don't think everyone was obligated to go or anything dumb like that, but I really hope college coaches (all of them) get on-board and develop this tournament. It gives their wrestlers a chance to compete on a world level in college, which helps their program, their wrestler get the experience, and their brand.

Now, I'm off my soapbox.

Reactions: funkisfun12
Uhhh yep. Not only do I want Nato to be healthy for Nato's sake, but I also want him to be healthy because this could be an excuse to not send wrestlers to this tournament next year. Injuries can happen anywhere, and one could argue that practice has a higher probability to injure a wrestler than competition.

I was working a camera, and one of the refs (all FS/GR people) even commented, "I wish the PSU boys all came." Granted, we were all FS/GR minds, it still resonates. And I don't think everyone was obligated to go or anything dumb like that, but I really hope college coaches (all of them) get on-board and develop this tournament. It gives their wrestlers a chance to compete on a world level in college, which helps their program, their wrestler get the experience, and their brand.

Now, I'm off my soapbox.

It just needs to replace universities.

It just needs to replace universities.
your probably right cause the demos are nearly identical, but I also like as much wrestling as we can get.

more kids getting more usa team experience and getting more international experience should only serve to better our world/olympic teams. it also gives more exposure to the sport and maybe that helps keep the young'ns interested.

its only two obscure and hardly watched tourneys but there is something about rooting for team USA to kick some butt.

the run this summer with cadets, juniors and world team was some of the best entertainment i had all summer, even if it had us up at 3am and sleeping at 5pm

Reactions: nitlion6
I believe the dates will align differently next year which should increase participation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT