Nico Megaludis- 61KG
David Taylor- 86KG
Jake Varner- 125KG
Jon Gingrich- 125KG
Frank Molinaro- 70KG
Dan Vallimont- 74KG
Josh Rodriguez- 57KG

Last edited:
Where can you see this / what is the exact name of the event? Can't seem to find it on either track or FLO. Thanks in advance.

Seems like last year there weren't any PSU guys signed up until last day or so. Its my only chance to watch our guys live all year so hope for a big group coming west.

Preview on the Team USA site here.

Interestingly, Taylor Miller speculates that Zain could be going 70kg.

Preview on the Team USA site here.

Interestingly, Taylor Miller speculates that Zain could be going 70kg.
Has anyone listened to yesterday's FRL get? They talk about Zain possibly not wrestling this summer and potentially bumping to 70kg. Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread but does anyone know anything about this?

Well that would make the Final X here less fun...

That USA wrestling article does have Taylor & Dake as returning medalists sitting out till final X, though. So?

It does? The article I read doesn't have them in Final X already. See link. Since neither were actually on the World team last year I don't see how they could have been medalists.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/April/17/US-Open-mens-freestyle-preview
4th paragraph:
Retuning 2017 World medalists such as Thomas Gilman, James Green, Jordan Burroughs, David Taylor, Kyle Snyder and Nick Gwiazdowski are not expected to compete at the Open as they are already sitting in Final X.

Clearly an editorial misstep, but it does make me question the reliability of the rest of the piece.

4th paragraph:

Clearly an editorial misstep, but it does make me question the reliability of the rest of the piece.

I completely missed that as I blew past the top part of the article to the preview section. Apparently they are in need of a proof reader, a lost art these days.

Verkleeren at junior 70 as well. That's turning into a heck of a bracket with Berge, Verkleeren, David Carr, Jacori Teemer, Dom Demas, Brayton Lee, Jared Franek, Austin O'Connor, etc.

do we want to start the thread now, to get the jump on it.....I mean we know one of these guys will have a bad FS day and the board(s) will translate it to folk success 11 months from now......

Reactions: diggerpup
Nico, DT and Luke Gardner in addition to Gingrich and Molinaro are now registered for the US Open. No sign of any others. Hope to see at least Mark Hall jump in. I think he might need to in order to qualify for World Team Trials. Zain, Nolf, Joseph, and Nickal are already qualified by winning NCAA. At the Junior level, Verkleeren, Beard, Berge, Seth Nevills, and Aaron Brooks are registered.

do we want to start the thread now, to get the jump on it.....I mean we know one of these guys will have a bad FS day and the board(s) will translate it to folk success 11 months from now......
If one or two of the PSU guys has a bad day will that translate to no chance next March, maybe losing the title by 50 or so.

Asking for a friend.

125? Big Jake will have to cut off an arm and a leg to make that

giphy.gif

So is Hall still planning on 74 kg as his freestyle weight?

Is Nolf healed and wrestling this summer? Is there any Nolf update?

Does Bo go all in on bulking up and go 86 kg at WTT and 197 next season?

Does Bo get to finally avenge all of the imaginary losses to PD3 that took place in the heads of PD 2/3 since Bo was protected by the NCAA not granting a waiver.

Last edited:
Is it possible Hall is going to go U23 instead of seniors? He doesn’t have a spot for the WTT at this point, correct? Or maybe he just hasn’t registered for Vegas yet.

see Ashnault in registered.... c'mon - where are the PSU insiders... want to hear about why a lot of our guys are not entering... just wondering why... respect all of their decisions..

Reactions: 1AA
Ohio State has a lot of entrants this weekend with a couple of interesting/surprising weights:

Kaleb Romero at 74kg (162.8 lbs ) jumps out. Clearly he can be their 165 this year ( if he beats out Cleary and maybe Campbell). Ethan Smith & Campbell at 174? Also....Kevin Snyder is registered at 92kg (202.4 lbs ). Looks like he is dropping weight to get to 197. Interesting
Definitely looking forward to possible Wittlake/Brooks III and Hoffman/Beard II

Reactions: kevin310
Ohio State has a lot of entrants this weekend with a couple of interesting/surprising weights:

Kaleb Romero at 74kg (162.8 lbs ) jumps out. Clearly he can be their 165 this year ( if he beats out Cleary and maybe Campbell). Ethan Smith & Campbell at 174? Also....Kevin Snyder is registered at 92kg (202.4 lbs ). Looks like he is dropping weight to get to 197. Interesting
Definitely looking forward to possible Wittlake/Brooks III and Hoffman/Beard II
Romero’s going 165 next year, Smith is going to compete with Campbell for 174

Teasdale registered at Jr 57kg. That weight is loaded with talent (Cashman, Heinselman, McKee, Thomsen, Tagg, Severado, Hoskins, Courtney, Colaiocco, etc.). Twitter suggests Jordan Decatur will register as well.

Reactions: diggerpup
Is it possible Hall is going to go U23 instead of seniors? He doesn’t have a spot for the WTT at this point, correct? Or maybe he just hasn’t registered for Vegas yet.

I could be wrong but I thought Hall had his spot locked up for WTT because he won Junior Worlds last year

ADVERTISEMENT