ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Open Freestyle today

Gavin looks great. He is much better at freestyle. His head pinch is deadly.
Berge looked amazing. Thought Braydon Lee would at least give him a match but he dominated in all positions. In the finals he could have Austin O’Conner or David Carr. Either one should be a great match.
Was hoping for a Wittlake-Brooks final but will definitely take a labriola-brooks final instead. Brooks looks so good. Just keeps improving at such a high rate.
Beard looked super gassed his first match. Has come back strong in the consis though. Hope him and Hoffman meet up on the backside.
Nevills has looked great as well especially considering he doesn’t have much freestyle experience. I think he is going to win this thing.
Future looks very bright! Gavin doesn’t look big at all. Should be able to make 125 for at least next year and Berge looks like he will be fine at 149. Wish RBY was wrestling. Anyone know why he isn’t there?

What is Mechancial Engineering? :)

Webster's - Mechancial Engineering: The discipline of fusing auto mechanics with a financial escalation clause in such a way as to maximize profits for the proprietor. A common practice is to also retain the customer's vehicle for an extended period of time to transport offspring to wrestling events and attempted rendezvous to solve twitter beefs.

Neville goes down in a total “freestyle” loss...looked like he did all the work and Metz got the benefit of a couple big point moves - one of which confused the FLO guy and myself completely - oh well, great run for an almost exclusively folkstyle kid...hope he comes back for 3rd

Reactions: diggerpup
I'm trying to watch Nico and Graff on Mat 4 and it keeps switching to a match that is already over between Hidlay and Reyes. Flo absolutely blows.

Teasdale moves on to the 3rd place final, beating Ty Smith 6-5. A few lead changes, many stoppages. Only match I saw him in but it doesn't appear conditioning is his thing this weekend. He'll face NDSU freshman Paul Bianchi for 3rd.

Just saw Brooks teched Labs, but can’t watch.

Nice!!!!!!!!

very-nice.jpg

I timed laundry all wrong so I missed the end of Berge's 2-2 criteria loss in the finals to Austin O'Connor, who had a pretty nice redshirt season this year for North Carolina.

And only caught the end of Aaron Brooks teching Michael Labriola, who also had a solid redshirt season for Nebraska.

Gable Steveson got eaten alive by Coon the other day and just got edged out by Dom Bradley 2-2 for third place on a pushout with 4 seconds left. Tournament was a good barometer for where Steveson's at, which turns out to be somewhat short of the rosiest predictions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT