ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Open Freestyle today

Nico looked good in his first two matches and was getting to legs on Colon but had a hard time finishing. I think he looks better though than last time out.

DT was super sharp his first two matches but did what he need to. Followed those bouts with a quick pin in the third match.
Nico is letting everyone head pinch or frontheadlock him..

Reactions: diggerpup
Verkleeren has looked good, along with Aaron Brooks. Interested to see Brooks in a rematch against Wittlake.

Seth Nevills wins 15-4

C. Pyles posted on Twitter that Zain is scheduled for a wrestling camp/clinic on May 20 and thereby concludes that he won't be at World Team Trials (which conclude on May 20). Any word on whether Zain is taking the season off or planning to be at WTT? PSU can be notoriously silent on plans for its wrestlers.

C. Pyles posted on Twitter that Zain is scheduled for a wrestling camp/clinic on May 20 and thereby concludes that he won't be at World Team Trials (which conclude on May 20). Any word on whether Zain is taking the season off or planning to be at WTT? PSU can be notoriously silent on plans for its wrestlers.
A general question. Is Zain still a PSU wrestler since he is still enrolled, or has he transitioned to a NLWC wrestler since his collegiate days are over?

A general question. Is Zain still a PSU wrestler since he is still enrolled, or has he transitioned to a NLWC wrestler since his collegiate days are over?
Good question, had to think about that...

Zain is out of eligibility, and the rulebook defines the end of a season as championships...so he can't officially do folkstyle ever again. To me, he's an NLWC wrestler, with no limits on practice time, etc., even though he's still a student.

Zain is out of eligibility, and the rulebook defines the end of a season as championships...so he can't officially do folkstyle ever again. To me, he's an NLWC wrestler, with no limits on practice time, etc., even though he's still a student.
He could wrestle in the Midlands, no?

Coon absolutely big brothered Steveson. Pushed him out with underhooks a few times, launched him on a crotch lock when Steveson was in deep on a high C, and got a go behind and gut to close it out. 11-0. Steveson needs more bulk before he can tangle with the senior level big boys. Makes what a 225 pound Kyle Snyder did against Coon look that much more impressive.
To me that’s Gable’s only issue, he’s 6 foot tall tops and already in the 240-250 range. He doesn’t have that much more room on his frame to add bulk without losing a bit of what makes him great, his feet and athleticism. I mean sure his 17 year old self is going to get a lot stronger than he is now, but I don’t know if much more than 250 is in the cards for him unless he has another growth spurt. To me a full size heavyweight like the 6’5 285 Adam Coon is always going to give him trouble, though I don’t imagine he’s the only one with that problem. Think Coon wins this weekend and gives Gwiz all he wants in the Final X

Looks like Berge and Verkleeren might be on a collision course for a semifinal meetup. Who wins? Doesn't Verkleeren have better freestyle chops? If they meet, it could have psychological implications for who wins the spot next year in the PSU room.

Thank you! A corollary question Roar. Between seasons, are collegiate wrestlers bound to practice time restrictions for freestyle, or is it unlimited since it is outside the bounds of the university? Thanks

Looks like Berge and Verkleeren might be on a collision course for a semifinal meetup. Who wins? Doesn't Verkleeren have better freestyle chops? If they meet, it could have psychological implications for who wins the spot next year in the PSU room.

Well, both with TFs in the semis except that Berge won and Verk lost.

Reactions: fronk71
Frigging Flo just flipped back to the Ness vs Eiremann match from many hours ago again.

At least you guys get to watch... My shitty satellite internet service went out yesterday, and my best friend from HS, training partner, and college roommate placed 5th at the US Open in his first ever Greco event since his junior year in HS.

Reactions: dunkej01
Had to bail and couldn’t watch Seth’s quarter...updates greatly appreciated!

ADVERTISEMENT