ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Open Freestyle today

psu_flip

Jun 30, 2006
It's been quiet on here today. Some of our guys going today in both Juniors and Seniors. Good matchup with Nico vs. Cory Clark later today.

Reactions: diggerpup
Nico won 12-9. Nico got to the legs pretty easily. Cory got a TD and hit a 4 pt head pinch and scored with a few more head pinches. Good match.

Nico lost to Colon 5-2. Got to legs whenever he wanted, but not strong enough up a weight (hopefully yet) to finish any of them. Early pushout, then two exposures off his own shots (plus a challenge point against).

Teasdale vs Moomey

G takedown in first 5 seconds then 6 points on leg lace turns and final 2 points on a locked up cradle
all in 50 seconds

DT doing DT things.

10-0 tech
10-0 tech
0:35 WBF
Into the semis vs Dudley.

What's up with Flo??? Trying to watch the Varner match and switches to the Eierman/Ness replay...

Looks like Varner handled Nelson 5-1, but we couldn't watch it.

What happened to Decatur? He challenged Teasdale over Twitter and I don't see him in the bracket.

Berge vs Oster from Northwestern

10-0 winter in less than 2 minutes Brady shows a great ankle pick for 2 takedowns
Who could have taught him that move???

Coon absolutely big brothered Steveson. Pushed him out with underhooks a few times, launched him on a crotch lock when Steveson was in deep on a high C, and got a go behind and gut to close it out. 11-0. Steveson needs more bulk before he can tangle with the senior level big boys. Makes what a 225 pound Kyle Snyder did against Coon look that much more impressive.

Jarod Verkleeren vs Tonge

TD for Jarod in 1st 15 seconds then 4 fast leg lace turns for 10-0 win in 47 seconds
i'm pulling for a Jarod vs Brady semi-finals but Brady has Brayton Lee of Indiana next

Nico looked good in his first two matches and was getting to legs on Colon but had a hard time finishing. I think he looks better though than last time out.

DT wasn'y super sharp his first two matches but did what he need to. Followed those bouts with a quick pin in the third match.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT