U.S. figure skater Ashley Wagner

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Ashley-Wagner%20%2816%29.jpg

Ashley-Wagner%20%2812%29_0.jpg

879854396.jpg

Ashley+Wagner+Ashley+Wagner+visits+Hillsdale+5bVS_-JXRFXl.jpg

Any questions?

She looks great in the 1st photo. The 3rd one is more typical. Which reminds me, are they running at Santa Anita today?
That is not very nice Mr. Gambit and I could not disagree more. But I will say this - I knocked off a bucket list item when we were last in the Rose Bowl. The Winter Meet at SA starts right around New Years so I took a run out (we were staying in North Hollywood). The weather was atrocious but the facility and track are gorgeous. I was betting the live card at SA and the Simulcast from Golden Gate Park. Cashed a few, trashed a few, but had a minor thrill in the SA 10th. Hit the triple when the third place runner got thrown out in an inquiry, my guy moved up and cha-CHING. Paid all my expenses for the day, made up for the losers, bought a couple souvenir ball caps and still walked out with about $40 in profits.

So yes - they are running today! Del Mar (Where the Turf Meets the Surf) runs the Fall Meet, then everybody just vans up to SA. Very nice to have two premier tracks so close to each other.

Reactions: fairgambit
That is not very nice Mr. Gambit and I could not disagree more. But I will say this - I knocked off a bucket list item when we were last in the Rose Bowl. The Winter Meet at SA starts right around New Years so I took a run out (we were staying in North Hollywood). The weather was atrocious but the facility and track are gorgeous. I was betting the live card at SA and the Simulcast from Golden Gate Park. Cashed a few, trashed a few, but had a minor thrill in the SA 10th. Hit the triple when the third place runner got thrown out in an inquiry, my guy moved up and cha-CHING. Paid all my expenses for the day, made up for the losers, bought a couple souvenir ball caps and still walked out with about $40 in profits.

So yes - they are running today! Del Mar (Where the Turf Meets the Surf) runs the Fall Meet, then everybody just vans up to SA. Very nice to have two premier tracks so close to each other.
Congrats on the bucket list checkmark.
Yes, I felt badly about the comment, and I tried to do it obliquely, but you got me to thinking. A gentleman should not do that under any circumstances, so I removed the offensive sentence.

Congrats on the bucket list checkmark.
Yes, I felt badly about the comment, and I tried to do it obliquely, but you got me to thinking. A gentleman should not do that under any circumstances, so I removed the offensive sentence.
Not on my account I hope. Everyone's opinion on the pulchritude or lack thereof is equally valid. But you make a fine observation - if you find someone less appealing, that's fine, you're entitled - but what is to be gained by saying so? Save going to battle for when it matters.

So FG with today's Points to Ponder.

Reactions: fairgambit
Not on my account I hope. Everyone's opinion on the pulchritude or lack thereof is equally valid. But you make a fine observation - if you find someone less appealing, that's fine, you're entitled - but what is to be gained by saying so? Save going to battle for when it matters.

So FG with today's Points to Ponder.
I probably would have changed it anyway, but you confirmed it was in poor taste and so I acted sooner. She does look lovely in the 1st photo.

LB I was meaning to ask you - do you live in the Bay Area yet or East Coast?
Lafayette, CA. An East Bay suburb of San Francisco. My sons are living in State College, so I am a twice yearly visitor back there. Next visit is in May, for graduation. It's somehow appropriate that they will be graduating on Cinco de Mayo, as I plan to consume several Mad Mex margaritas that day.

Lafayette, CA. An East Bay suburb of San Francisco. My sons are living in State College, so I am a twice yearly visitor back there. Next visit is in May, for graduation. It's somehow appropriate that they will be graduating on Cinco de Mayo, as I plan to consume several Mad Mex margaritas that day.
I got it now. I was wondering if you had a connection perhaps to Lafayette College, a small but plus school in Easton, Penna.

5/5 - a date that will live in infamy, my wedding anniversary!

Reactions: LafayetteBear
ADVERTISEMENT