ADVERTISEMENT

Typical no class Iowa fans. Booing when Penn State players injured. Iowa Coach Ferentz doubles down.

Karma? It's football. Lol. Like i said last week Purdue could very well win the game.

David Bell is an outstanding player. Iowa simply got out coached today, repeatedly. No excuses. Congrats to Purdue.

Last edited:
Karma? It's football. Lol. Like i said last week Purdue could very well win the game.

David Bell is an outstanding player. Iowa simply got out coached today, repeatedly. No excuses. Congrats to Purdue.
Oh no…it’s definitely karma! Ferentz doubled down on stupid and caused a weeklong distraction for his team. Way to go, Kirk!!!!

Last edited:
To be clear. Ferentz was defending the fans booing players when they were down on the field. The fans booing (and the coach mocking) didn't know, at the time, how soon those guys would return to the field. Some came back soon, some didn't.

Kind of sh*tty to defend the ones that, only with hindsight, seem questionable while conveniently ignoring the rest.
Just curious how those fans were prescient enough to know in advance which were legitimate and those that were presumably not. So which of those injuries were ‘questionable’ in your mind when most of those guys have had injury issues throughout the season so far … our perspective might be to praise those guys for playing thru issues

Way overrated. Their luck finally ran out.
It's a great defense, but living off turnovers is always unsustainable. Went through this with the Bears post-2018. It turns out you can't win a bunch of games with a below average offense if you don't get to start in opponent's territory 2-3 times per game.

Reactions: backdrft76
By the way, LSU fans booed an injury today...while they were on defense lmao. Boos rang out when the Florida qb was running off the field with a hand injury and then stopped short of the sideline to sit down while trainers came out. First I've seen of that. Classic lol.

And now Tennessee fans booing an injured Ole Miss defender. The trend that's sweeping the nation!

Officially supplanting the Iowa fans from last week as most classless when they cheered Matt Corral going down.

And now they've been throwing things onto the field for 10 minutes, stopping the game. Unreal. Kiffin got hit by a golf ball from the stands.

Last edited:
And now Tennessee fans booing an injured Ole Miss defender. The trend that's sweeping the nation!

Officially supplanting the Iowa fans from last week as most classless when they cheered Matt Corral going down.

And now they've been throwing things onto the field for 10 minutes, stopping the game. Unreal. Kiffin got hit by a golf ball from the stands.
The only thing that makes it worse is when the head coach endorses his fan's behavior and doubles down by accusing his opponents players of faking injuries to help them win the game.

The only thing that makes it worse is when the head coach endorses his fan's behavior and doubles down by accusing his opponents players of faking injuries to help them win the game.
i feel like we should be able to acknowledge a difference between booing, a common sports occurrence, and spending 20 minutes throwing things on the field, forcing the band to flee for their safety and police to clear out the student section. iowa fans classless? definitely. as bad as what just happened at tennessee? not even close. losing sucks, but let's be reasonable.

What comes around goes around. Iowa is the worst #3 in the history of college football and they will be exposed soon enough.

Savant.
catching-ball-michael-rooker.gif

Edit:
Creepy Boilermaker gif:
ElementaryDistortedLeafcutterant-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
i feel like we should be able to acknowledge a difference between booing, a common sports occurrence, and spending 20 minutes throwing things on the field, forcing the band to flee for their safety and police to clear out the student section. iowa fans classless? definitely. as bad as what just happened at tennessee? not even close. losing sucks, but let's be reasonable.

You are correct, we should make that differentiation.

There's nothing like watching a mediocre coach win the biggest game of his career. Create a distraction. Then choke against an unranked team.

lol so iowa thinks PSU was faking injuries last week>kind if like iowa thought they were plaingd football this week!!!ROFLMFAO

You are correct, we should make that differentiation.
Lol didn't see that. That dude is awesome. However, still a matter of degree. Unless I'm mistaken, they didn't have to shut down the game for player safety because of the fans. Iowa fans have been misbehaving, but the vols fans put on a historic performance last night.

Maybe it's just that I've been paying more attention to it lately, but does it seem like fan behavior has been terrible this year to anybody else? I've seen a lot of fights in the stands at NFL games too.

Lol didn't see that. That dude is awesome. However, still a matter of degree. Unless I'm mistaken, they didn't have to shut down the game for player safety because of the fans. Iowa fans have been misbehaving, but the vols fans put on a historic performance last night.

So Iowa fans have to use Tennessee fans to minimize their own poor behavior last week? Gotcha.

Maybe it's just that I've been paying more attention to it lately, but does it seem like fan behavior has been terrible this year to anybody else? I've seen a lot of fights in the stands at NFL games too.
There's a reason most stadiums sell beer and soda only in cups: a full, sealed can or bottle, if thrown from the upper deck, is potentially lethal. There's no "matter of degree" to that.

(To be fair, the Tennessee mustard bottle if full and golf ball could both also cause serious harm.)

i feel like we should also be able to acknowledge a difference between booing (such as referees and coaches), a common sports occurrence, and booing injured players, an occurrence to be found only among the more CLASSLESS fan bases.

So Iowa fans have to use Tennessee fans to minimize their own poor behavior last week? Gotcha.
don't know how many times i have to say i'm not an iowa football fan and that they were wrong, but keep searching for that sense of aggrievement

Reactions: PASLP2
i feel like we should also be able to acknowledge a difference between booing (such as referees and coaches), a common sports occurrence, and booing injured players, an occurrence to be found only among the more CLASSLESS fan bases.
sure, but tennessee fans cheered an injury and then pelted the field with potentially dangerous items. i think they were more classless and if you didn't have an emotional attachment to the iowa loss it would be easy for you to acknowledge that.

and unfortunately booing injured players is becoming a common occurrence too. i saw it in both games i watched yesterday multiple times.

There's a reason most stadiums sell beer and soda only in cups: a full, sealed can or bottle, if thrown from the upper deck, is potentially lethal. There's no "matter of degree" to that.

(To be fair, the Tennessee mustard bottle if full and golf ball could both also cause serious harm.)
who brings a golf ball to a football game??? and the close up shot of the bottle of mustard laying on the ground was pure cinema. not sure i'll see anything like that display for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT