ADVERTISEMENT

Typical no class Iowa fans. Booing when Penn State players injured. Iowa Coach Ferentz doubles down.

I've been banned on HR numerous times for doing exactly what JS and Turk are doing in this thread...defending their opinion.

Just a quick request tho guys, please dont go crying to our mods to ban them. I'd kinda like to keep making fun of them over there about being a bunch of whiny pu**ys. :)
got ourselves a posting warrior right here. what's your unit soldier?

You know what? None of this matters. We do and think things as fans that make sense only to us. Same with Hawk fans. I’ve been embarrassed by PSU fans in the past. I’ve seen a lot of fans from tOSU, UM, Iowa, and others make asses of themselves. In the end, we are all friends. @js8793 , @WildTurk and others make life more interesting. Just pause and realize that we’re not that different. Arguing about what stupid drunk fans do is stupid.
Do I agree with what Kirk Ferentz said about those drunks? No. Would CJF have said similar things in the same situation? I hope not. But who knows?
The only F’d up thing is @js8793 loves Iowa wresting and LSU football. Did you graduate from High School? Just kidding. Love you man!

You know what? None of this matters. We do and think things as fans that make sense only to us. Same with Hawk fans. I’ve been embarrassed by PSU fans in the past. I’ve seen a lot of fans from tOSU, UM, Iowa, and others make asses of themselves. In the end, we are all friends. @js8793 , @WildTurk and others make life more interesting. Just pause and realize that we’re not that different. Arguing about what stupid drunk fans do is stupid.
Do I agree with what Kirk Ferentz said about those drunks? No. Would CJF have said similar things in the same situation? I hope not. But who knows?
The only F’d up thing is @js8793 loves Iowa wresting and LSU football. Did you graduate from High School? Just kidding. Love you man!
Somewhat off topic but for the past two weeks I have been getting vids on my fb feed of fights at stadiums throughout the U.S. Back in the day it seemed fights at games were few and far between and a really big deal. Now, it seems like theres dozens of fights throughout college and pro venues every week. Is this alarming or are things pretty much the same as they always been and we are just hearing of them more because everyone has a camera and a place to post their work?

Somewhat off topic but for the past two weeks I have been getting vids on my fb feed of fights at stadiums throughout the U.S. Back in the day it seemed fights at games were few and far between and a really big deal. Now, it seems like theres dozens of fights throughout college and pro venues every week. Is this alarming or are things pretty much the same as they always been and we are just hearing of them more because everyone has a camera and a place to post their work?
Wonder the same

lol i was waiting for someone to question the LSU thing. my favorite nfl player when I was like 7 went to LSU, so I just decided that was the college team I'd root for and I've stuck with it. It was a fortuitous choice. As a Bears fan, I believe the universe owed me that 2019 offense and if covid hadn't happened between that team and Iowa rolling to NCAA's, it would have likely been the greatest sports year I'd have ever experienced. alas...

lol i was waiting for someone to question the LSU thing. my favorite nfl player when I was like 7 went to LSU, so I just decided that was the college team I'd root for and I've stuck with it. It was a fortuitous choice. As a Bears fan, I believe the universe owed me that 2019 offense and if covid hadn't happened between that team and Iowa rolling to NCAA's, it would have likely been the greatest sports year I'd have ever experienced. alas...
That’s what being a Penn State fan feels like. It’s pretty awesome.

It was on Twitter as well. Unfortunately both cowards deleted their accounts.

Also, does this mean that y'all are taking the stance that the crew over at HR doesn't represent Iowa fans? They are anonymous after all...
Correct. I've never said Hawkeye Report is exactly how Iowa fans are in real life. Can't speak for the rest of the board though.

got ourselves a posting warrior right here. what's your unit soldier?
Johnstown is a proud member of the Centre County Highlanders (814th Regiment). He received a Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster for helping beat back the Buckeye Nation Rapid Reaction Email Force in the pitched battle for Cambria County.

He’s not to be trifled with. The White Walkers have got nothing on the Rapid Reaction Email Force from Columbus. The Ahia Staters never tire in their quest to wage electronic war over their beloved Bucks - deluded but fearsome

Johnstown is a proud member of the Centre County Highlanders (814th Regiment). He received a Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster for helping beat back the Buckeye Nation Rapid Reaction Email Force in the pitched battle for Cambria County.

He’s not to be trifled with. The White Walkers have got nothing on the Rapid Reaction Email Force from Columbus. The Ahia Staters never tire in their quest to wage electronic war over their beloved Bucks - deluded but fearsome
That pretty much sums it up!

i myself saw action in the battle of nelson brands' fingernails. got a bit hairy but i made it out in one piece

i've always said that you can tell the true measure of a team by the most important position on the roster, backup qb.
Using that metric, how does Iowa stack up?
College is a different animal. Most teams don't have 4 or 5 star QBs willing to wait their turn. Transfer portal has altered that.
I don't think PSU's backup QB is bad, he's just young.
You have a new OC coming in and your starter is obviously taking a high percentage of snaps. Then you have a tough schedule with little room for blow outs and field time.

I took my son-in-law (age 29) out to Iowa for the game. He was so concerned about the fights that he had seen on social media ….. that he brought an Iowa hat and shirt the day before the game. Now to be fair, he is a VT fan. He let me know that he sure as hell wasn’t going to wear PSU gear. His strategy paid off with many free beers at various tailgates. I wore a garish old school PSU football jersey and a #26 Barkley hat. The adult fans offered me good natured barbs and plenty of beer. A few punks exercised their right to free speech with me, but, my corn fed Iowa friend (6’4” former Hayden Fry player) offered to them his opinion that speech is not always free. All in all, the crowd psychology was deplorable, but, 90% of the personal interactions were great.

Using that metric, how does Iowa stack up?
College is a different animal. Most teams don't have 4 or 5 star QBs willing to wait their turn. Transfer portal has altered that.
I don't think PSU's backup QB is bad, he's just young.
You have a new OC coming in and your starter is obviously taking a high percentage of snaps. Then you have a tough schedule with little room for blow outs and field time.
I'll admit, when first reading his take I thought it was good... maybe even philosophical. Then I really started to think about it and realized how dumb it was.. lol
joke-not-getting-the-joke.gif

Just call it like I see it. One of MANY reasons, the Chicago Bears are super bowl favorites. Is there a better back up qb than the Red Rifle himself? Don't think so.
You are so right, backup QB is why LSU won it all back in 2019!

I’m going to try not to use all of my booos on Ben Simmons. I’ll save some for Desanto.
- Philly/Psu wrestling fan

I am on record in this thread of saying what the coaches and fans did was wrong. I am not an Iowa football fan. I'm an LSU fan (good thing they're never in trouble right...).

What I don't agree with is the holier-than-thou attitude of many in the thread acting like PSU fans would never stoop so low. I almost guarantee 100% we could go back through game film in the last 10 years and find at least one example of the PSU crowd booing an injured player after a big play. It's extremely commonplace in today's game. And I also haven't forgotten how this board reacted to the Desanto injury either. Sports are emotional and make good people say and do bad things they wouldn't do otherwise.

I also wonder if this is a generational thing. I know I'm younger than most of you and grew up in the age of the internet. Basically every public figure gets death threats online now. Every big game, you hear about players getting death threats/racist abuse/other abuse online from their own fans or opposing fans. Your own fans have been publicly called out by your QB for doing just that.

It never surprises me anymore. Unfortunately, it's the new norm.
You twice very widely missed the point of my post.

The standard should be much higher for Ferentz and his coaches than some jerk in the stands or some dweeb on the internet.

And if Ferentz is going to level that charge at Franklin -- which he did in a weaselly way by "they smelled a rat" -- then he bears the burden of proof.

Last edited:
Yeah...my theory is that they know that they looked very bad to the world, so they keep trying to justify their boorish behavior. What surprised me is Ferentz giving credence to this sh&t.

Never expected that from him....twas very Brands-like.
I have a tough time imagining Brands being tolerant of the boorish behavior.

There is trash in every fan base.
Was at a PSU match in Rec hall and had to listen to some lady behind me squawk the entire match, some of her points were valid but seriously...
Isnt it enough we have to listen to this behavior at the house but now from someone else at a match.
DWY to repeat this in a way it gets back to the CINC is breaking the man code, just a reminder.

Reactions: js8793
You twice very widely missed the point of my post.

The standard should be much higher for Ferentz and his coaches than some jerk in the stands or some dweeb on the internet.

And if Ferentz is going to level that charge at Franklin -- which he did in a weaselly way by "they smelled a rat" -- then he bears the burden of proof.
You keep trying to make me defend Ferentz when I've explicitly said he and the fans were wrong.

One things for certain. If his future girlfriend asks him to bite her neck she's in for a surprise.

Reactions: nitlion6
You hate tough wrestling.
Brands will talk shyt to other coaches and of course ridicule referees. Haven't seen or heard him jabber at another team's kid since Cael was about to demonstrate the physics of the windshield and bug over Brands' bullshyt with Wade.

I don't mind their antics when firing their own kid up and even a little jabbering at the ref..
I don't like his jabbering away at their opponents. It's bush league.

There is trash in every fan base.
Was at a PSU match in Rec hall and had to listen to some lady behind me squawk the entire match, some of her points were valid but seriously...
Isnt it enough we have to listen to this behavior at the house but now from someone else at a match.
DWY to repeat this in a way it gets back to the CINC is breaking the man code, just a reminder.
I find it hard to believe that anything resembling squawking would ever come out of Mrs Cstroke's mouth. But, just in case, mum's the word.

For the best. They would have gotten murdered in the playoffs. Now we have a better shot at 3 good games. I'm a proud hoosier today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT