ADVERTISEMENT

Typical no class Iowa fans. Booing when Penn State players injured. Iowa Coach Ferentz doubles down.

Coach. Singular. The one who fell down on the sideline mocking the player. I have no problems with any other Iowa coach in regards to this incident and not sure why I would.

Personally, I would stack rank them (with the most abhorrent behavior being last) it would be 'fans booing inured player', 'coach mocking injured player', 'fans wishing death on children receiving cancer treatment'.
I highly doubt any Penn State fans were wishing death on children receiving cancer treatment. Penn State students and fans have raised over $177 million to help kids/families with cancer behind the largest student-run philanthropy in the world. This is very near and dear to our hearts.

Don’t pull a muscle patting yourself on the back for waving to them.

Then why does the falling down on the field thing bother you? They were both directed at PSU players "faking" injuries.

Is it just the obnoxiousness that bothers you?
The Ferentz quote referred specifically to the players who returned 1 or 2 plays later and gave his reasoning as to why it was questionable to him.

The other guy acted like a jackass.

Reactions: sstark46
I highly doubt any Penn State fans were wishing death on children receiving cancer treatment. Penn State students and fans have raised over $177 million to help kids/families with cancer behind the largest student-run philanthropy in the world. This is very near and dear to our hearts.

Have you ever been on twitter? If you think HR is bad...

Reactions: WildTurk

Love THON! I actually donate yearly to THON after losing a bet to a PSU fan at NCAAs a few years back. Was supposed to be a one time thing but opted for the recurring donation the next year when I got the email. Iowa has a similar org that started in the 90's. The wave isn't the only thing we do to support those children but nice little potshot there. Feel better about yourself?

The Ferentz quote referred specifically to the players who returned 1 or 2 plays later and gave his reasoning as to why it was questionable to him.

The other guy acted like a jackass.
To be clear. Ferentz was defending the fans booing players when they were down on the field. The fans booing (and the coach mocking) didn't know, at the time, how soon those guys would return to the field. Some came back soon, some didn't.

Kind of sh*tty to defend the ones that, only with hindsight, seem questionable while conveniently ignoring the rest.

Love THON! I actually donate yearly to THON after losing a bet to a PSU fan at NCAAs a few years back. Was supposed to be a one time thing but opted for the recurring donation the next year when I got the email. Iowa has a similar org that started in the 90's. The wave isn't the only thing we do to support those children but nice little potshot there. Feel better about yourself?
Not really. Just took offense that you are ripping on PSU fans over kids with cancer. I have a very hard time believing that any true PSU fan said anything so heinous.

Thanks for your THON donations. I’d be willing to reciprocate with a donation to Iowa’s kids as well. Is there a charity set up? The wave is actually a very nice show of love to the kids and their families. Didn’t mean to poo poo it….I was just a bit put off.

Not really. Just took offense that you are ripping on PSU fans over kids with cancer. I have a very hard time believing that any true PSU fan said anything so heinous.

Thanks for your THON donations. I’d be willing to reciprocate with a donation to Iowa’s kids as well. Is there a charity set up? The wave is actually a very nice show of love to the kids and their families. Didn’t mean to poo poo it….I was just a bit put off.

Here is the link https://dancemarathon.uiowa.edu/

I'm gonna bow out of this topic since I don't see anything productive coming from it after this post. Go Hawks (and Gilman).

Dude, your own fans sent death threats to your own QB after a loss. It's the internet. Might be time to open your eyes.

Saw at least one other example in the comments. This took 5 minutes to find.

Again, this is what the internet is.

• Wow

Saw at least one other example in the comments. This took 5 minutes to find.

Again, this is what the internet is.
Heinous as that is, it's a sideshow. Anybody can find an internet jackass.

An official representative of the University of Iowa, who happens to be the highest paid state employee, made unwarranted accusations of an opponent behaving unethically. And he did so in order to excuse and condone churlish behavior by his fans in the stands and his coaches on the sideline.

An official representative of the University of Iowa, who happens to be the highest paid state employee, made unwarranted accusations of an opponent behaving unethically. And he did so in order to excuse and condone churlish behavior by his fans in the stands and his coaches on the sideline.
moving-goalpost.gif

You may think, and repeatedly claim, that discussing the coaches is "moving the goalposts", but when the coach comes out and voices support for the fans making these claims, that seems relevant to the discussion.

It's disingenuous to only focus on the fans when the coaches were willfully involved during and after the game.

Ferentz knows something sideshow message boards don't. He got the important message out. So put that scuba gear away and quit turtling up. A Lot of season left boys

Coach. Singular. The one who fell down on the sideline mocking the player. I have no problems with any other Iowa coach in regards to this incident and not sure why I would.

Personally, I would stack rank them (with the most abhorrent behavior being last) it would be 'fans booing inured player', 'coach mocking injured player', 'fans wishing death on children receiving cancer treatment'.
Ferentz is their boss and they are his employees, so he should have a problem with this incident because it is an embarrasment to the university and the entire BIG 10 football coaching fraternity.

I was a fan of Kirk Ferentz, as I always thought he was a straight shooter who did more with less talented personnel. Unfortunately, that has changed, over these fake injury comments directed toward James Franklin and the PSU football players. Kirk is now in the same boat as Randy Edsell with me. I liked Edsell when he coached at U Conn and Maryland, until the classless pregame no handshake debacle.

It is what it is. There's one thing that I'm sure of, if the shoe was on the other foot and CJF made those accusations against Iowa the BIG 10 Athletic Admins would step in and ask CJF, where's your proof? The coach that demonstrated would be fired, no doubt in my mind.

Ferentz knows something sideshow message boards don't. He got the important message out. So put that scuba gear away and quit turtling up. A Lot of season left boys

It's increasing obvious that WildTurk and the rest of the Iowa posters know Ferentz was wrong. That's why they've been over here for the past 5 days with feeble attempts to defend him.

Yes Kirk, Franklin was trying to slow down that high powered, fast paced Iowa offensive juggernaut.

Reactions: creamery freak
Non-specific allegations backed up by secret information that can't be shared or demonstrated.

Reactions: Lion8286
It's increasing obvious that WildTurk and the rest of the Iowa posters know Ferentz was wrong. That's why they've been over here for the past 5 days with feeble attempts to defend him.

Yes Kirk, Franklin was trying to slow down that high powered, fast paced Iowa offensive juggernaut.
When I say I stand with Kirk Ferentz how exactly does that make me think he is wrong? Baffling.

And I have always been here Lion8286. Long before 5 days ago. You know that

When I say I stand with Kirk Ferentz how exactly does that make me think he is wrong? Baffling.

And I have always been here Lion8286. Long before 5 days ago. You know that

I did not say "think", I said you and your fellow posters "know" he was wrong. Because he was. Do delusional Iowa fans and Ferentz really think Penn State was trying to slow Iowa's plodding offense. Is that even possible to slow it up more than it already is?

You weren't here defending Ferentz more than 5 days ago. You know that.

• Haha
Reactions: Creek Side
I did not say "think", I said you and your fellow posters "know" he was wrong. Because he was. Do delusional Iowa fans and Ferentz really think Penn State was trying to slow Iowa's plodding offense. Is that even possible to slow it up more than it already is?

You weren't here defending Ferentz more than 5 days ago. You know that.
You are incorrect.

You can't put words in people's mouths. I can't repeat it enough evidently. I stand with Ferentz because I believe he is "RIGHT". Hopefully that clears it up for you.
Also, I have been defending and supporting Ferentz, win or lose, for 23+ years since I was in High School. That is a Fact.

Also, I have been defending and supporting Ferentz, win or lose, for 23+ years since I was in High School. That is a Fact.
I'm sure he's so very grateful for your service. Prolly wouldn't still be here if he didn't have you. ;-)

You are incorrect.

You can't put words in people's mouths. I can't repeat it enough evidently. I stand with Ferentz because I believe he is "RIGHT". Hopefully that clears it up for you.

But Ferentz is wrong. Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Ferentz has yet to offer any support for his suggestion that Penn State players weren't injured. If he has, please show us his evidence.

You know what accusing people without evidence amounts to? Nothing.

I am on record in this thread of saying what the coaches and fans did was wrong. I am not an Iowa football fan. I'm an LSU fan (good thing they're never in trouble right...).

What I don't agree with is the holier-than-thou attitude of many in the thread acting like PSU fans would never stoop so low. I almost guarantee 100% we could go back through game film in the last 10 years and find at least one example of the PSU crowd booing an injured player after a big play. It's extremely commonplace in today's game. And I also haven't forgotten how this board reacted to the Desanto injury either. Sports are emotional and make good people say and do bad things they wouldn't do otherwise.

I also wonder if this is a generational thing. I know I'm younger than most of you and grew up in the age of the internet. Basically every public figure gets death threats online now. Every big game, you hear about players getting death threats/racist abuse/other abuse online from their own fans or opposing fans. Your own fans have been publicly called out by your QB for doing just that.

It never surprises me anymore. Unfortunately, it's the new norm.

That's your opinion. Don't tell me what mine is.
Iowa fans thinking that Penn State athletes cheat or don't play fairly (but not showing any evidence or information to back it up) seems to be a very popular "opinion".

That's your opinion. Don't tell me what mine is.
The biggest problem is the BIG 10 has been pretty silent on this whole debacle also. Do you think if CJF accused Iowa of faking injuries that the BIG would stay quiet? I don't think so, it would be an every night discussion on BTN, where's their proof?

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
What I don't agree with is the holier-than-thou attitude of many in the thread acting like PSU fans would never stoop so low. I almost guarantee 100% we could go back through game film in the last 10 years and find at least one example of the PSU crowd booing an injured player after a big play.

I will guarantee you 100% that you will not find game film of PSU fans booing after EVERY injury to an opposing player. I will also guarantee you 100% that you will not find game film of PSU fans booing the opponent every time the ball falls off the tee, which was probably the most ridiculous thing I ever witnessed.

Reactions: baccafarmer
I will guarantee you 100% that you will not find game film of PSU fans booing after EVERY injury to an opposing player. I will also guarantee you 100% that you will not find game film of PSU fans booing the opponent every time the ball falls off the tee, which was probably the most ridiculous thing I ever witnessed.
I'm sorry, but the ball falling off the tee thing is hilarious. If PSU fans aren't booing that, they should start.

And I think you'd be surprised. Obviously, I'm not going to go through 100s of hours of film, but it happens all the time in the SEC. I've seen it repeatedly in the NFL as well.

Now the Big Ten isn't known for up tempo offense, so maybe it's more rare and that's why it registers so harshly for some, but it's become a normal (though usually classless) part of modern football. I remember it happening all the time during the 2019 season when people were trying to slow down Burrow and it was really annoying watching guys fall down, stop the game, and be back out there after a play.

In this case, it was stupid and classless because it made no sense for PSU to be doing that given the type of offense Iowa runs.

In a slight shift, what's the board's position on lung timeouts? I'm wondering if I could find some rec hall matches with some injury time boos...

You are incorrect.

So I guess you believe in guilt without the presumption of innocence. What is Ferentz’s evidence that you so strongly BELIEVE? The two guys that returned have been explained IN DETAIL…so what else ya got?

The fact is…your fans and coaches looked like asshats and are being called out on it. Instead of owning up to your mistake, you double down on your idiocy. My my my, how Iowa of you!

Reactions: creamery freak
So I guess you believe in guilt without the presumption of innocence. What is Ferentz’s evidence that you so strongly BELIEVE? The two guys that returned have been explained IN DETAIL…so what else ya got?

The fact is…your fans and coaches looked like asshats and are being called out on it. Instead of owning up to your mistake, you double down on your idiocy. My my my, how Iowa of you!
Nobody "wins" in this silly discussion. This was a wrestling board. Now it's just boring. Hope all the non wrestling threads don't move to a new host.

ADVERTISEMENT