ADVERTISEMENT

Typical no class Iowa fans. Booing when Penn State players injured. Iowa Coach Ferentz doubles down.

I used to respect Ferentz. No more. Making accusations about our players and coaches without proof or evidence. What a POS punk ass.
One of the PSU posters on the McAndrew board brought up the point that Iowa was fortunate to win because they knocked 5 of our starters out of the game. Then they proceed to bitch about the injured players slowing down their snail paced offense. Pretty pathetic when you're fortunate enough to be gifted a win and you have to throw shade at your opponent's misfortune.

All the Penn State fans at Carver? All the boos came after the dual when it was very clear he was faking. He was healthier 2 minutes after that match than Jaquan Brisker (who was booed) has been since Wisconsin.

I guess Aaron Brooks bit and scratched himself last year
Imagine Cody or Varner flopping on the mat when DeSanto tapped out.

Better yet, don't imagine it -- neither of them is a Ferentz assistant.

Can you imagine if the golden boy future AD got dinged up and Cody pantomimed a fake injury?

Can you imagine if the golden boy future AD got dinged up and Cody pantomimed a fake injury?
Rutgers fans didn't boo Jason Nolf's injury.

Rutgers has better fans ... that's gotta hurt.

_EwyqGJrpe3zwCsqI0RZcDw6hDA97jOjUsqFKl7IYlBET9wm6Yu8AojLF6gn1QDDWiIFOtm8FgIk1WgMTUchOSayr8kHiZj13CHWp9D0Y6yKZV8AA_ly8uLax7rCQYsyA1kRRa4tpGm8ObLnIky6fXbElOHugy8

You're a passive-aggressive, sally-boy twit.
If you had more 2 brain cells, you would know better than to antagonize us here.

If I was a moderate, I would have banned you months ago. You're never up to any good here.
Get lost.
Message boards are great because we all get to have our own opinions. First time I have ever been called a "Sally boy twit" btw. You got me good!

All the Penn State fans at Carver? All the boos came after the dual when it was very clear he was faking. He was healthier 2 minutes after that match than Jaquan Brisker (who was booed) has been since Wisconsin.

I guess Aaron Brooks bit and scratched himself last year
The boos were on the message boards and social media immediately. Without knowing if DeSanto was hurt. I remember how it went down.

And when I said Brands cleared the air I was referencing how he said DeSanto could have continued if he calmed down, because he hasn't been injured like that before. It was between the ears for Austin.

Last edited:
The boos were on the message boards and social media immediately. Without knowing if DeSanto was hurt. I remember how it went down.

How do you boo on message boards and social media? Could DeSanto, the Brands, or fans hear those boos inside Carver?

This is Franklin's 8th year at PSU -- couldn't find any B10 sources for that? Telling.

And if Franklin were doing that, he broke it out against 2021 Iowa? Not against any of those Ohio State teams that piled up 40 points. Not in any of the high-scoring bowl games. Not last year when PSU stunk on ice. No, let's save it for the offense timed with a sundial.

Come on.
I stand with Kirk Ferentz. Deal with it.
I lost respect for Ferentz years ago, when he refused to come home from a recruiting trip while 15 of his players were hospitalized -- with signs of potential organ failure from an overaggressive weight room session administered by Ferentz's trainer.
Who are you fooling? You never had respect for him from the start because he coaches in Iowa City.

Is this where you try to bait me into bringing up PSU coaches past transgressions? God I hope not because I'm not going down your road of misery. I moved on long ago.

Last edited:
One of the PSU posters on the McAndrew board brought up the point that Iowa was fortunate to win because they knocked 5 of our starters out of the game. Then they proceed to bitch about the injured players slowing down their snail paced offense. Pretty pathetic when you're fortunate enough to be gifted a win and you have to throw shade at your opponent's misfortune.
Yeah...my theory is that they know that they looked very bad to the world, so they keep trying to justify their boorish behavior. What surprised me is Ferentz giving credence to this sh&t.

Never expected that from him....twas very Brands-like.

Reactions: creamery freak
Whats up with men on here always telling me to "suck it" or "eat a dick" all the time? It's weird and such a deplorable way to try and get your point across. I hope that changes with the new board. Anyways..

I am sorry hear about Your DT. Injuries are the worst thing about sports . I've said that many times. Riley Moss is feeling that pain aswell unfortunately.

Still doesn't change what happened throughout the game when a defensive player got hurt. Like I said coincidence or not that's what went down..

“First of all, I know a couple of players were legitimately hurt,” Ferentz said. “I know that. I saw one sitting on the bench. I just had, for whatever reason, like there was an opening, I saw him and I know he had an ice bag on his leg.

“Obviously, I know the quarterback didn’t come back. I hope those guys are well. I don’t know what their status is. Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt. Nobody. But I think it’s probably a reaction to a couple of guys that were down for the count then came back a play or two later. Our fans aren’t stupid. They’re watching, they know what’s going on.”

“I’ve been here 23 years. I think that’s only the second time we’ve seen that kind of stuff going on,” Ferentz said. “I know it’s a topic nationally right now; it was one of the discussions of the rules making. Nobody quite knows the answer to it. I also know for a fact, there are two people in our building that have been places where ‘scuba’ or ‘dive,’ err ‘scuba’ and ‘turtle’ were the code words.

“We don’t coach it. Haven’t really been exposed to it. But our fans thought they smelled a rat, I guess, I don’t know, and they responded the way they responded.”
-Kirk

I stand with coach Ferentz. He knows far more than I or anyone on this board about football and the inner workings of it. From what I gathered elsewhere former coaches at Vanderbilt are familiar with the terms "scuba/dive/turtle". I believe Kirk was sending a message.

I will leave it at that.
You seem to be the rare unicorn of a decent, respected Iowa poster on this board.

However, in defending the classless, disgusting behavior of your fans and coaches on this issue, you’ve lost all credibility you might have had. Awful.

Use to happen on the big12 constantly. Can’t really see it happening with Iowa’s good but snail like offense. Maybe tOSU but that’s about it in the big ten.

Who are you fooling? You never had respect for him from the start because he coaches in Iowa City.

Is this where you try to bait me into bringing up PSU coaches past transgressions? God I hope not because I'm not going down your road of misery. I moved on long ago.
Who are you fooling, people lost respect for him when he was a coach at Pitt.

Last edited:
Why wasn't there boo's when Brister first started cramping? Oh cause Iowa had no chance in the game. Later after Clifford went down they started booing Brister. Yet the Iowa fans knew he was cramping. Players can come back in a play or 2 later after hurt. Happens all the time.

Whats up with men on here always telling me to "suck it" or "eat a dick" all the time? It's weird and such a deplorable way to try and get your point across. I hope that changes with the new board. Anyways..

I am sorry hear about Your DT. Injuries are the worst thing about sports . I've said that many times. Riley Moss is feeling that pain aswell unfortunately.

Still doesn't change what happened throughout the game when a defensive player got hurt. Like I said coincidence or not that's what went down..

“First of all, I know a couple of players were legitimately hurt,” Ferentz said. “I know that. I saw one sitting on the bench. I just had, for whatever reason, like there was an opening, I saw him and I know he had an ice bag on his leg.

“Obviously, I know the quarterback didn’t come back. I hope those guys are well. I don’t know what their status is. Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt. Nobody. But I think it’s probably a reaction to a couple of guys that were down for the count then came back a play or two later. Our fans aren’t stupid. They’re watching, they know what’s going on.”

“I’ve been here 23 years. I think that’s only the second time we’ve seen that kind of stuff going on,” Ferentz said. “I know it’s a topic nationally right now; it was one of the discussions of the rules making. Nobody quite knows the answer to it. I also know for a fact, there are two people in our building that have been places where ‘scuba’ or ‘dive,’ err ‘scuba’ and ‘turtle’ were the code words.

“We don’t coach it. Haven’t really been exposed to it. But our fans thought they smelled a rat, I guess, I don’t know, and they responded the way they responded.”
-Kirk

I stand with coach Ferentz. He knows far more than I or anyone on this board about football and the inner workings of it. From what I gathered elsewhere former coaches at Vanderbilt are familiar with the terms "scuba/dive/turtle". I believe Kirk was sending a message.

I will leave it at that.
Why did the Iowa fans boo ever time the ball fell of the tee because of the wind?

Was that a dive too?

Oh…please, please, please bring up PSU coaches past transgressions, please do it! So glad that you are magnanimous and above all that!

(psst….This is another example of why you are known as a passive aggressive twit.)

I was almost completely indifferent to Ferentz before that. Really no reason to think about him one way or another.

If anything, I thought he showed restraint in not trying to blow us out in that dreadful 6-4 game.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Iowa Football is a complete afterthought except the week we play them. And will return to that status after the bye week. Nobody really cares. Illinois would get the same one-week disdain if Bert had his coaches flopping on the sidelines too.

Iowa fans think Clifford was faking but Desanto was truly and seriously stricken when he tapped out against RBY.
You say this as if this board didn't spend weeks pissing themselves over this supposed "fake" injury by Desanto even though it resulted in the same amount of team points, he missed the next couple duals, and wrestled with a brace when he came back.

I appreciate you bringing up the clearest example of how irrational fans can be about injuries, including this board.

DeSanto clear as day tapped out to avoid getting pinned. Name the PSU player who did that. We'll wait.

p8KO3y.gif
lmao literally couldn't help yourself even though it totally undercuts your holier than thou thread. i'm sure he missed the next couple duals and wore a brace the rest of the year for no reason.

classless fans live everywhere.

You say this as if this board didn't spend weeks pissing themselves over this supposed "fake" injury by Desanto even though it resulted in the same amount of team points, he missed the next couple duals, and wrestled with a brace when he came back.

I appreciate you bringing up the clearest example of how irrational fans can be about injuries, including this board.
Are we pretending it was just the fans?

Coaches got in on the action during and after the game.

lmao literally couldn't help yourself even though it totally undercuts your holier than thou thread. i'm sure he missed the next couple duals and wore a brace the rest of the year for no reason.

classless fans live everywhere.

Did Cael say in his PC that DeSanto was faking? Did a Penn State coach roll around on the mat like a goof? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Classless coaches live in Iowa.

I was at the game (sitting in the north end zone that your backup QB pooped its pants in). There was some intermittent booing around 1 or 2 injuries after big plays and started in earnest when either #1 or #17 (don't remember which) was down on the field after a big play for a minute and hopped up, ran off the field, jumped in the air and gave a big wave to the crowd and came back the next play. Then the booing happened every time and it was loud. I don't really care about the booing one way or the other. If I was one of those outrage-based conservative personalities that are so famous today I might ask if the 'snowflakes need a safe space?' but I am not so I won't.

All fanbases have classless fans. There are PSU fans on social media wishing death upon the children in the Stead Family Hospital over a football game and a perceived slight so miss me with the 'our fan base would never stoop so low' self-righteous BS. They are already going lower.

EDIT: As for the coach, he shouldn't have done that and should be embarassed.

I was at the game (sitting in the north end zone that your backup QB pooped its pants in). There was some intermittent booing around 1 or 2 injuries after big plays and started in earnest when either #1 or #17 (don't remember which) was down on the field after a big play for a minute and hopped up, ran off the field, jumped in the air and gave a big wave to the crowd and came back the next play. Then the booing happened every time and it was loud. I don't really care about the booing one way or the other. If I was one of those outrage-based conservative personalities that are so famous today I might ask if the 'snowflakes need a safe space?' but I am not so I won't.

All fanbases have classless fans. There are PSU fans on social media wishing death upon the children in the Stead Family Hospital over a football game and a perceived slight so miss me with the 'our fan base would never stoop so low' self-righteous BS. They are already going lower.

The booing was after EVERY Penn State injury. There was booing was when the ball blew off the tee. You Iowa fans are the real snowflakes.

Sorry if Penn State injuries slowed your high powered, fast pace Iowa offense. lol

If your point is that this is a worse reflection on the coaches than the fanbase (for which this should be somewhat expected), then I fully agree with you.

Reactions: sstark46
Are we pretending it was just the fans?

Coaches got in on the action during and after the game.
Did Cael say in his PC that DeSanto was faking? Did a Penn State coach roll around on the mat like a goof? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Classless coaches live in Iowa.
And now we're shifting the goalposts lol. I have nothing to say about the Iowa coaches. I'm not an Iowa football fan. This thread started complaining about "classless" fans (and they were classless) doing something that this board spent WEEKS doing over a situation that makes even less sense than the football injuries. 2 years later, you still have idiots on here complaining about it.

If you want to dish it out, take your medicine. This is hardly a board full of choir boys.

And now we're shifting the goalposts lol. I have nothing to say about the Iowa coaches.

No shifting of goal posts. So you agree that the Iowa coaches were classless. Thanks for being honest.

Last edited:
If your point is that this is a worse reflection on the coaches than the fanbase (for which this should be somewhat expected), then I fully agree with you.
Coach. Singular. The one who fell down on the sideline mocking the player. I have no problems with any other Iowa coach in regards to this incident and not sure why I would.

Personally, I would stack rank them (with the most abhorrent behavior being last) it would be 'fans booing inured player', 'coach mocking injured player', 'fans wishing death on children receiving cancer treatment'.

I sat with an Iowa donor directly behind the Iowa bench. We saw the coach flop. My Iowa Bud turned to me and said: “Kirk should fire his ass ….. that’s embarrassing.” I’ve been to Iowa many times and they are generally rather benign (especially after the 2018 night game), but, last Saturday night the crude comments started at the tailgate parties. I’ll not return.

Coach. Singular. The one who fell down on the sideline mocking the player. I have no problems with any other Iowa coach in regards to this incident and not sure why I would.

Personally, I would stack rank them (with the most abhorrent behavior being last) it would be 'fans booing inured player', 'coach mocking injured player', 'fans wishing death on children receiving cancer treatment'.
Right. That was during the game.

Then the head coach came out in support after the game.

So, coaches. Multiple.

My thoughts exactly. Irrational fans are just as prevalent here.

Reactions: sstark46
People really taking a reddit post from an anonymous PSU fan to say that represents PSU fans 😂
It was on Twitter as well. Unfortunately both cowards deleted their accounts.

Also, does this mean that y'all are taking the stance that the crew over at HR doesn't represent Iowa fans? They are anonymous after all...

Yeah, the Ferentz quote doesn't bother me at all.
Then why does the falling down on the field thing bother you? They were both directed at PSU players "faking" injuries.

Is it just the obnoxiousness that bothers you?

ADVERTISEMENT