ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Kasak commits to PSU!

Was there and manville earned that match, it was a close match wiith manville being the aggressor. Only issue i have with BEECA kids is they wrestle like okie st . Get a 1-2 point lead and stall ride. Kasak is a great pick up but unless he opens up offensively in folkstyle its gonna be alot of 1-2 point wins and loses. He’s not gonna see better competition in college.

• Haha
Reactions: PAwrestling
Was there and manville earned that match, it was a close match wiith manville being the aggressor. Only issue i have with BEECA kids is they wrestle like okie st . Get a 1-2 point lead and stall ride. Kasak is a great pick up but unless he opens up offensively in folkstyle its gonna be alot of 1-2 point wins and loses. He’s not gonna see better competition in college.
I don’t think that’s at all fair to say about all BeCaHi kids. It certainly wasn’t true about Ryan Anderson and largely hasn’t proven true about Kasak. The Cruz brothers weren’t that way either.

Reactions: The Shelter
I don’t think that’s at all fair to say about all BeCaHi kids. It certainly wasn’t true about Ryan Anderson and largely hasn’t proven true about Kasak. The Cruz brothers weren’t that way either.
I think it's been said but Cael doesn't really press for kids who he thinks are win 3-2 wrestlers. That apparently was more or less why Pletcher didn't get offered scholarship money. All reports are Kasak was a pretty high priority kid so he obviously thinks he can teach a very offensive style and turn his rides into tilts in college once he gets in the room. Especially since he's a DT kid.

Reactions: nitlion6
People forget how good Mason and Carson were early in high school. Carson I think was hailed as a #1 PFP forever. Carson's injury definitely took a huge toll on him mentally and physically. Mason to be honest I think just realized he didn't care about folk anymore when he had no shot into the PSU lineup long term. Bottom line both got burnt out. I'm actually very optimistic about Pierson's long term trajectory. He's good but not TOO good yet ...

People forget how good Mason and Carson were early in high school. Carson I think was hailed as a #1 PFP forever. Carson's injury definitely took a huge toll on him mentally and physically. Mason to be honest I think just realized he didn't care about folk anymore when he had no shot into the PSU lineup long term. Bottom line both got burnt out. I'm actually very optimistic about Pierson's long term trajectory. He's good but not TOO good yet ...
One thing I’ll say for Mason, and I think it’s helped Pierson a good bit, is that he’s remarkably supportive and protective of his brothers and I think in turn has tried to make sure Pierson doesn’t end up burnt out the way Mason did.

Or Desmond, Campbell, or Rath from this year's team alone.

Or Labriola.

I think it's been said but Cael doesn't really press for kids who he thinks are win 3-2 wrestlers. That apparently was more or less why Pletcher didn't get offered scholarship money. All reports are Kasak was a pretty high priority kid so he obviously thinks he can teach a very offensive style and turn his rides into tilts in college once he gets in the room. Especially since he's a DT kid.
I recently watched Kasak's last-second loss to Adams at 2021 Fargo. Kasak was very aggressive on feet, and better there. Not surprised he overcame Adams this year at Trials.

But what caught my attention: on the mat, Kasak repeatedly lifted Adams' leg up by the ankle or knee, to turn him from there. It wasn't like a lace. It was someone with a natural aptitude for the bow and arrow but not trained on how to use it.

That will likely change in the PSU room.

I recently watched Kasak's last-second loss to Adams at 2021 Fargo. Kasak was very aggressive on feet, and better there. Not surprised he overcame Adams this year at Trials.

But what caught my attention: on the mat, Kasak repeatedly lifted Adams' leg up by the ankle or knee, to turn him from there. It wasn't like a lace. It was someone with a natural aptitude for the bow and arrow but not trained on how to use it.

That will likely change in the PSU room.
Yup - not worth training someone to use it when it's illegal in high school. We saw how quickly Levi learned using it in the PSU room this year. He's a DT kid, transition turks is just in his DNA.

Kasak lost a close one in the first match of the best of 3 finals at U17 WTTs, 4-3. Came back to win 7-0, 6-4 in 4min matches.

I liked what I saw, and it appears Cael did, too.

Reactions: Ja1339
Off topic a bit, but has anyone looked at that 2020 106 bracket Kasak was in? I counted 5 future state champs, Kilkeary, Van Dee, Kasak, Church, and Watters. Briar Priest was another state champ who didn’t make it out of the WPIAL.
Other names of note: Repos, Nasdeo, Hohman, Carson Wagner, and Hayden Cunningham.
Has there even been a bracket as stacked as that one?

Reactions: dunkej01
Off topic a bit, but has anyone looked at that 2020 106 bracket Kasak was in? I counted 5 future state champs, Kilkeary, Van Dee, Kasak, Church, and Watters. Briar Priest was another state champ who didn’t make it out of the WPIAL.
Other names of note: Repos, Nasdeo, Hohman, Carson Wagner, and Hayden Cunningham.
Has there even been a bracket as stacked as that one?
Offhand, Cenzo's freshman bracket also had Kemerer and Lizak -- 5 NCAA finals appearances.

I’ve been absent for a little while, super busy lately. But, this is one of the commits I hinted at a few weeks back. This was the one I was sure about. Talks with the other commit have seemingly gone cold. Like I said back then, I’m not totally sold on my source for the second commit and now that he’s told me talks have gone cold, I’m thinking it was a reach. I did confirm he was on campus, but I believe as of now, that’s as far as it’s gotten. He hasn’t committed elsewhere, so we shall see.

I’ve been absent for a little while, super busy lately. But, this is one of the commits I hinted at a few weeks back. This was the one I was sure about. Talks with the other commit have seemingly gone cold. Like I said back then, I’m not totally sold on my source for the second commit and now that he’s told me talks have gone cold, I’m thinking it was a reach. I did confirm he was on campus, but I believe as of now, that’s as far as it’s gotten. He hasn’t committed elsewhere, so we shall see.
Is the other commitment Carter Neves? That one has been discussed kind of. I think the kid is strongly leaning PSU to the point you can consider him a commitment but he's probably going to go through the process and see what happens with some other moving pieces. Also, he's just finishing sophomore year and moving to Blair so plenty of time left to decide (for both sides) what the best move is.

alb409 on 247 said he expects Kasak will skip senior year to train at NLWC and M2

I wasn't before but try to be fair, and whatever issues have been largely if not completely cleaned up. Nobody's perfect, but in the past year or so he's been right far more than not.
giphy.gif

The Larry Saga surely softened most of us to Pat at least a little.
funny how that is....truly. I and others would post his tweets and people would get a little worked up about it. Lord only knows what was said and not typed.

Maybe its a little bit of....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?!?!?!?

I actually heard on the radio
In other words, what @PatMineo22 said in post #2 of this thread, 3 days aago.
Today that he might be training at M2 or NLWC and the radio sports guy referenced mineo as the source lmfao. I spit out my coffee all over my dash I was laughing so hard apparently these people don't read this forum or they would know this days ago

Think the plan is in a couple years everyone moves up so Starocci at 184, Facundo at 174, Levi at 165, SVN at 157, and Kasak slots in at 149? I know it’s years out and a million things can happen but this makes sense to get him into the lineup. I like that he’s considering following in the Lee brothers and Haines footsteps and foregoing his senior season to train at M2 and the NLWC. For super elite kids this seems like the best route. They can take a full year to just train with very high level partners and focus on just getting better. I think more and more kids are going follow this model. I’m really excited that Kasak committed! Fits PSU perfectly
2023/24 ???
125 Davis Fr
133 Howard RS So
141 Bartlett RS So
149 Van Ness RS So
157 Kasak Fr
165 Haines So
174 Facundo RS So
184 Starocci RS Jr
197 Brooks RS Sr
285 Kerk RS Jr

Reactions: zzs006