ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Kasak commits to PSU!

giphy.gif

Very nice, for me, he is the #1 kid in PA this year ahead of Welsh. Commitment and attitude seem to be a perfect fit here at PSU.

He won a bracket at ETR this year with 10 ranked kids in it and controlled every match. Even in his semi against Pierson, he was in control. I voted for him as OW in a tournament that had Feldman and a kid knock off a returning champ and then the #1 kid in the country back-to-back (Jacaruso).

He made a mistake at states this year, but his response to it was exactly what I would expect from a future PSU wrestler. He travels to put himself in the best training situations, competes everywhere taking on all comers, and seems to get better every time I see him.

But Cael can’t recruit District 11 I thought ? Kasak is a stud already , can’t wait to watch his growth
I might be wrong, be Cael hasn't gotten many, if any, high level recruits from that area. But now that the ice is broken hopefully he has more success.

I can't wait to see this guy in blue and white.

Think the plan is in a couple years everyone moves up so Starocci at 184, Facundo at 174, Levi at 165, SVN at 157, and Kasak slots in at 149? I know it’s years out and a million things can happen but this makes sense to get him into the lineup. I like that he’s considering following in the Lee brothers and Haines footsteps and foregoing his senior season to train at M2 and the NLWC. For super elite kids this seems like the best route. They can take a full year to just train with very high level partners and focus on just getting better. I think more and more kids are going follow this model. I’m really excited that Kasak committed! Fits PSU perfectly

Think the plan is in a couple years everyone moves up so Starocci at 184, Facundo at 174, Levi at 165, SVN at 157, and Kasak slots in at 149? I know it’s years out and a million things can happen but this makes sense to get him into the lineup. I like that he’s considering following in the Lee brothers and Haines footsteps and foregoing his senior season to train at M2 and the NLWC. For super elite kids this seems like the best route. They can take a full year to just train with very high level partners and focus on just getting better. I think more and more kids are going follow this model. I’m really excited that Kasak committed! Fits PSU perfectly
Curious to see if Van Ness can get to 157 without being undersized

• Haha
Reactions: tjb249 and dunkej01

Don’t forget about Josh Barr too!

Don’t forget about Josh Barr too!
Yeah I was trying to figure out a way to fit him in. Ideally he keeps growing and fills out to be a 197. He has the frame for it but that’s a lot of weight to add. He is too good to sit however so I think he finds a spot somewhere but the reality is that at least 1 of these super elite kids is going to ride the pine for a year.

Yeah I was trying to figure out a way to fit him in. Ideally he keeps growing and fills out to be a 197. He has the frame for it but that’s a lot of weight to add. He is too good to sit however so I think he finds a spot somewhere but the reality is that at least 1 of these super elite kids is going to ride the pine for a year.
Barr will be 184. He’s still got another year of HS and then maybe a year of Carter where he can redshirt. Maaaaaybe two, but that’s questionable. He won’t be stuck forever.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Let's hope everything goes well for Kasak at PSU. Maybe it influences Desmond destination in a few years. Lehigh might be in play for Desmond with his connection to the Ciasulli family.

So he "screwed up" at States? What did I miss? He lost to who? And how?
The short version is this: Kasak was wrestling Pierson Manville in the state semis and Pierson pulled off a Dylan Ness-esque move in the 2nd or 3rd period which resulted in a pin for Manville and an upset of Kasak. Manville then went on to win the state title. By all accounts, he handled himself very well considering the circumstances

Reactions: bourbon n blues
The short version is this: Kasak was wrestling Pierson Manville in the state semis and Pierson pulled off a Dylan Ness-esque move in the 2nd or 3rd period which resulted in a pin for Manville and an upset of Kasak. Manville then went on to win the state title. By all accounts, he handled himself very well considering the circumstances
Yes, pinned in 5:39, so 3rd period.

Ok got it. This can be thought of as a one time thing then, rather than something Kasak may need work on?

Ok got it. This can be thought of as a one time thing then, rather than something Kasak may need work on?
Both. It was a one-time thing, and he likely worked on it anyway.

A couple things about that match: Kasak and Manville both train at M2, so there is familiarity. Also, Kasak was winning that match 1-0 at the time. He had a takedown waived off at the 2nd period buzzer -- had it counted, he would've been up 3-0 and cut Manville instead of holding on.

In the past year Kasak won Ironman, Beast of the East, the Bethlehem Holday Classic, Escape the Rock, and Cadet World Team Trials. Let's not stand in an oasis and go looking for desert.

A couple things about that match: Kasak and Manville both train at M2, so there is familiarity. Also, Kasak was winning that match 1-0 at the time. He had a takedown waived off at the 2nd period buzzer -- had it counted, he would've been up 3-0 and cut Manville instead of holding on.

In the past year Kasak won Ironman, Beast of the East, the Bethlehem Holday Classic, Escape the Rock, and Cadet World Team Trials. Let's not stand in an oasis and go looking for desert.
Also Pierson Manville is really good! And losing matches in HS doesn’t make make one any less of a prospect. And, and, and…

I just watched the replay: He got caught. It still counts, to be sure...but he got caught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT