ADVERTISEMENT

Two way traffic on Park Ave prior to the game??? Missed kickoff for the first time in over 40 years

johnmpsu

Nov 29, 2001
EagleVail, CO
At 10:30 as we approached Park Ave on 322 from about 1.5 miles away (from the west) I was shocked to see the big traffic jam as I figured this game would not be well attended. I thought, wow maybe people really are excited but no problem we have plenty of time. I was wrong. They had 2 way traffic on Park Ave! One lane in. No one directing traffic all. It was as if somebody forgot there was a football game.

Every year they make things worse but this was beyond my wildest dreams. Who are the idiots running this show. It took 1 1/2 hours to go 1 1/2 miles and park the car. I've never seen anything like it. We were late for the kickoff for the first time in over 40 years so it's not like we haven't done this before.

Are they trying to make it a miserable experience?

I didn't think they could mess this up even more. I was wrong. What a mess. It appears that there are a bunch of idiots running all phases of this great school.

Reactions: fairgambit
At 10:30 as we approached Park Ave on 322 from about 1.5 miles away (from the west) I was shocked to see the big traffic jam as I figured this game would not be well attended. I thought, wow maybe people really are excited but no problem we have plenty of time. I was wrong. They had 2 way traffic on Park Ave! One lane in. No one directing traffic all. It was as if somebody forgot there was a football game.

Every year they make things worse but this was beyond my wildest dreams. Who are the idiots running this show. It took 1 1/2 hours to go 1 1/2 miles and park the car. I've never seen anything like it. We were late for the kickoff for the first time in over 40 years so it's not like we haven't done this before.

I didn't think they could mess this up even more. I was wrong. What a mess. It appears that there are a bunch of idiots running all phases of this great school.

WTF?

That has been one way going in since at least 1974, when the stadium capacity was 48,000.

This is basic stuff.

I posted a similar experience in another thread. The only difference between us is I arrived over an hour later and had no way of knowing if the lack of traffic controls had existed earlier. Your saying it did. Inexcusable! Whose at fault, University or SC police? I want to lodge a complaint.

I'm sure Sandy will get right on it with placing an ad for an assistant athletic director in charge of traffic patterns on game day. ;)

Reactions: 91Joe95
I'm sure Sandy will get right on it with placing an ad for an assistant athletic director in charge of traffic patterns on game day. ;)

I doubt that IA is in charge of traffic in State College and University Park. The decision would have been made by somebody other than our AD.

Is this yet another attempt to make the game day experience seem busier than it really is?

I doubt that IA is in charge of traffic in State College and University Park. The decision would have been made by somebody other than our AD.

Was just joking but I have no doubt there's some communication and coordination between the athletic department and the SC police regarding game day traffic patterns etc. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT