ADVERTISEMENT

Two more young athletes die

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I don't know, it feels somehow like we're seeing more of this kind of thing over the last year or two:

Jaylon Ferguson, age 26, Ravens LB...cause of death not given.

Caleb Swanigan, age 25, Big-10 player of the year (2017) and NBA first-round draft pick (Trail Blazers)...died of "natural causes" (not further elaborated).

Caleb gained a ton of weight in one year and was over 400 pounds. That’s a huge strain on the body. Of course you have another agenda and will try to blame vaccine or gay people

as for Jaylon there is suspicion of overdose. The toxicology report isn’t completed

Young athletes don't die often......but this isn't a new issue. Hardly unique to the past few years.

Sad and tragic regardless of the circumstances.

I don't know, it feels somehow like we're seeing more of this kind of thing over the last year or two:

Caleb Swanigan, age 25, Big-10 player of the year (2017) and NBA first-round draft pick (Trail Blazers)...died of "natural causes" (not further elaborated).

Tony Siragusa too.

Don't be a joke.

Reactions: NJPSU
Young athletes don't die often......but this isn't a new issue. Hardly unique to the past few years.

Sad and tragic regardless of the circumstances.

I didn't say it was "unique" to the last few years but rather that it seemed to be happening more often recently, which is admittedly an unscientific and possibly wrong impression.

In fact, I remember reading an article several years ago about an "alarming" increase of young athletes suddenly dying of apparent cardiac ailments.

Still, two current or former professional athletes in their 20's within a couple days of one another just caught my eye, and I thought it noteworthy enough to post.

Caleb gained a ton of weight in one year and was over 400 pounds. That’s a huge strain on the body. Of course you have another agenda and will try to blame vaccine or gay people

as for Jaylon there is suspicion of overdose. The toxicology report isn’t completed

Leave it to Knicksy to bring "gay people" into the equation...or Covid for that matter.

That said, I didn't know the one guy had gotten morbidly obese but agree that might well factor in to his untimely death.

As for a possible overdose in the case of the second person, during an epidemic of fentanyl, that wouldn't necessarily be inconsistent with the point of my comment.

Leave it to Knicksy to bring "gay people" into the equation...or Covid for that matter.

That said, I didn't know the one guy had gotten morbidly obese but agree that might well factor in to his untimely death.

As for a possible overdose in the case of the second person, during an epidemic of fentanyl, that wouldn't necessarily be inconsistent with the point of my comment.
Try to get your facts straight. Rumor is Xanax. Was depressed due to grandmas death, also getting hit in head a lot as linebacker doesn’t help. Let’s be honest you started the post to put blame on society for these deaths when in fact they were incidental and just normal to each situation. Go back to test board.

Reactions: NJPSU
Try to get your facts straight. Rumor is Xanax. Was depressed due to grandmas death, also getting hit in head a lot as linebacker doesn’t help. Let’s be honest you started the post to put blame on society for these deaths when in fact they were incidental and just normal to each situation. Go back to test board.

Knicksy, my boy, you're not making sense...blathering about gay people and Covid and society and the test board...when the OP made no mention of any of that but simply highlighted the sad shock of two such incidents on practically the same day.

Tony Siragusa too.

Don't be a joke.

Hadn't yet heard about Siragusa when I posted. Damn. Tough day for the Ravens.

Back when I used to watch pro football, the team of Goose on the sidelines with Daryl Johnstone in the booth was always enjoyable...and funny...to listen to.

As for "joke," I don't find anything funny about the sudden deaths of two prominent athletes in their mid-20's. Even 55 in the case of Siragusa is sobering.

Hadn't yet heard about Siragusa when I posted. Damn. Tough day for the Ravens.

Back when I used to watch pro football, the team of Goose on the sidelines with Daryl Johnstone in the booth was always enjoyable...and funny...to listen to.

As for "joke," I don't find anything funny about the sudden deaths of two prominent athletes in their mid-20's. Even 55 in the case of Siragusa is sobering.

Yes yes. Whatever

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry

safe & effective

Reactions: john4psu
Ya we all know his original post was to get a rise in the nuts that would blame the vaccine. When he was called out he pretended to really care. He’s one of the biggest losers on the test board and that’s quite an accomplishment.

Damn, can't get anything by the guy. Oh well, at least I succeeded in getting a rise out of you, Knicksy.

Listen, two prominent athletes in their 20's dying suddenly within hours of one another, regardless of cause, is a notable news story based on the fact alone.

Everything else is a product of your overactive imagination.

Damn, can't get anything by the guy. Oh well, at least I succeeded in getting a rise out of you, Knicksy.

Listen, two prominent athletes in their 20's dying suddenly within hours of one another, regardless of cause, is a notable news story based on the fact alone.

Everything else is a product of your overactive imagination.

Why is it notable?

Approximately 10,000 people die every day in the US.

LdN

Not the OP and have no knowledge on these two. BUT I saw something the other day that the IOC [International Olympic Committee] published something on SADS [Sudden Adult Death Syndrome] where they said over the last 20 years the average adult athlete [I believe under age 40] who dies for no apparent reason was 29 per year. For the last 12 months it was over 700. Feel free to correct me but if these numbers are even 20% accurate Something is wrong. So please don't call people names. It sure doesn't further the dialogue. Unless of course the IOC is anti vax and anti gay.

Why is it notable?

Approximately 10,000 people die every day in the US.

LdN

How many of the 10,000 are elite athletes in their mid 20's?

Also, when was the last time two (former or current) professional athletes in their mid-20's died suddenly within hours of each other?

It's a notable story based on the fact alone.

How many of the 10,000 are elite athletes in their mid 20's?

Also, when was the last time two (former or current) professional athletes in their mid-20's died suddenly within hours of each other?

It's a notable story based on the fact alone.

I'm not sure. Why don't you look into it.

I am not the one saying it is notable.

Nice dodge. You're the one saying it is NOT notable...yet you can not answer two key questions that would support your opinion and prove my assertion wrong.

When you come up with the data, let me know.

Not the OP and have no knowledge on these two. BUT I saw something the other day that the IOC [International Olympic Committee] published something on SADS [Sudden Adult Death Syndrome] where they said over the last 20 years the average adult athlete [I believe under age 40] who dies for no apparent reason was 29 per year. For the last 12 months it was over 700. Feel free to correct me but if these numbers are even 20% accurate Something is wrong. So please don't call people names. It sure doesn't further the dialogue. Unless of course the IOC is anti vax and anti gay.

Thanks, Roswell, and well said.

The irony is that I never ascribed the shocking deaths of these two young athletes to the Covid vaccine or any other cause. How could I? I don't even know whether they got the vaccine.

But the response of some people to even remarking on the jolting coincidence of two elite athletes dying of unknown causes within hours of each other is instructive. Immediately they pour scorn on a point that was never made...except in their imaginations.

Here's the thing: the same crowd that served up the criminally stupid and incompetent response to Covid...insane lockdowns that ruined people's lives, upended our economy, and damaged our children...now from the wreckage presumes to forbid us from asking certain questions or even entertaining certain thoughts on sundry issues like the untimely deaths of elite athletes.

Well screw that...and screw them.

Nice dodge. You're the one saying it is NOT notable...yet you can not answer two key questions that would support your opinion and prove my assertion wrong.

When you come up with the data, let me know.

No. You said it was notable.

Why don't you?

Lol this is garbage and false. One of the guys in article they said left a tennis match due to heart issues actually left from blisters on his feet.

Crybaby Jerry said this is notable and these deaths of elite athletes is not common. When you gain over 150 pounds in 1 year you are not elite and are a walking time bomb. When you take too much Xanax you are not elite and will die. While these deaths are tragic they would happen to anyone in those situations.

Lol this is garbage and false. One of the guys in article they said left a tennis match due to heart issues actually left from blisters on his feet.

Crybaby Jerry said this is notable and these deaths of elite athletes is not common. When you gain over 150 pounds in 1 year you are not elite and are a walking time bomb. When you take too much Xanax you are not elite and will die. While these deaths are tragic they would happen to anyone in those situations.

Dude triumphantly pretends to debunk one of 1000 cases and thinks he proved something.

Yup, you nailed me, Knicksy. Sudden deaths of elite athletes in their 20's happen every day. Two a day even. Common as hell. It's been happening for 100 years!!!

Dude triumphantly pretends to debunk one of 1000 cases and thinks he proved something.

Yup, you nailed me, Knicksy. Sudden deaths of elite athletes in their 20's happen every day. Two a day even. Common as hell. It's been happening for 100 years!!!
Forget everything else Let’s look at your original posts and how that relates to elite athletes dying. One was 400 plus pounds and one overdosed. Enlighten me on how they were elite athletes and how these deaths are any different from everyday deaths?

Reactions: NJPSU and maypole
Ya we all know his original post was to get a rise in the nuts that would blame the vaccine. When he was called out he pretended to really care. He’s one of the biggest losers on the test board and that’s quite an accomplishment.
Caught him in the act. Yes, he is a deranged nutcase.

Would you care to opine on. the IOC data? sumpin happin here what is ain't exactly clear

Forget everything else Let’s look at your original posts and how that relates to elite athletes dying. One was 400 plus pounds and one overdosed. Enlighten me on how they were elite athletes and how these deaths are any different from everyday deaths?

One was in the NFL. By any standard, that is elite. One was not long ago in the NBA and a few years before that the Player of the Year in the B1G. That's also elite, though granted, perhaps we should call him "recently elite."

Beyond that, both Indy and Roswell provided some interesting data to support my unscientific impression, stated in the OP, that this kind of thing appears to be happening more often in recent years. Make of it what you will.

Still, for the 10th time, the OP did not mention vaccines. You're the one who tripped over himself to turn it into that.

If, however, the cause of death would more properly fit in the broad category of suicidal lifestyle, then it would be notable that not even elite athletes are exempt from the epidemic of "deaths of despair" that is currently ravaging America as young people kill themselves through substance abuse because at some level they no longer care about living.

No matter how you cut it, no matter the cause, these are two prominent athletes in their mid-20s who die suddenly within hours of one another. That's a notable thing. The real question is why you and some others would get all butt-hurt because somebody takes note of it. That reaction says more about you than about me.

Reactions: roswelllion
The CS death is a real sad story. Out of the league quickly because he was stuck as a tweener and just put on a ton of weight. There is a real mental battle when you have been working as an athlete since you were a little kid then to have the freedom to no longer be forced into working out 4-6 hours a day with a strict diet. It is something I battled with as a former SA, getting up to over 300 before dropping 60 lbs this past year. May they both RIP

No what’s pathetic is the Asswipe that started the thread hoping to get another antivax thread going. He got called out and is pretending to be sympathetic.

Whaaat?? Knicksy, my delusional and pathetic friend, you keep coming back to this vaccine thing like a dog to its vomit...and refuse to be dissuaded by the fact that nowhere did I bring that topic up.

No what’s pathetic is the Asswipe that started the thread hoping to get another antivax thread going. He got called out and is pretending to be sympathetic.
hook line and sinker!! I think you must mean an anti therapeutic thread because these things we're getting jabbed with sure aren't vaccines.

The correct response should have been you were being ridiculous and apologize. No one bought anything you said which based on the responses i guess that's normal

The correct response should have been you were being ridiculous and apologize. No one bought anything you said which based on the responses i guess that's normal
Nobody?? I guess you can’t read. Indynittany db posted that bogus article of 1000s of athletes dropping dead which Jerry gave thumbs up. Believe what you want. the intent of the first post was blaming these deaths on the vax. Jerry was called out as usual and backtracked like the little troll he is. They still make fun of him on the other board. These deaths while tragic are not special.

Now Biden's own people are saying there never was any proof the vax would do any good. They were just hoping it would. borah-birx-admits-covid-19-jab-efficacy-claims-were-based-on-hope-and-not-evidence.https://welovetrump.com/2022/06/25/watch-dr-deborah-birx-admits-covid-19-jab-efficacy-claims-were-based-

Nobody?? I guess you can’t read. Indynittany db posted that bogus article of 1000s of athletes dropping dead which Jerry gave thumbs up. Believe what you want. the intent of the first post was blaming these deaths on the vax. Jerry was called out as usual and backtracked like the little troll he is. They still make fun of him on the other board. These deaths while tragic are not special.
You sound angry . Go grab a snickers.

ADVERTISEMENT